DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
2010DodgeRamSport is on a distinguished road
Default Installed mygig and its broke

Got my mygig radio off ebay got it installed and low and behold the cd/dvd player wont work just locks up, also shows no hard drive space available and no hard drive space in use. Supposedly it was a brand new radio.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Took it to the dealer they did the updates and stuff and he thinks the radio is bad but i=s going to make some phone calls and call me back.

Thank god its covered under ebays buyer protection, and also paypal protection so hopefully I will get my money back if the seller wont refund it.
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:25
SvB4EvA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010DodgeRamSport View Post
Got my mygig radio off ebay got it installed and low and behold the cd/dvd player wont work just locks up, also shows no hard drive space available and no hard drive space in use. Supposedly it was a brand new radio.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Took it to the dealer they did the updates and stuff and he thinks the radio is bad but i=s going to make some phone calls and call me back.

Thank god its covered under ebays buyer protection, and also paypal protection so hopefully I will get my money back if the seller wont refund it.
That sucks man...... sorry to hear that.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: White
Rep:16
BeBeep is on a distinguished road

You should have got with the vendor you got it from instead of taking it to the dealer to monkey with. This could be a good excuse for them to not cover a replacement or refund. Not saying they will but it is a possibility. I would always contact the vendor before you do anything else.

2010 Ram R/T - 2011 GWE Challenger SRT8
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 AM
erm

Definitely get back through eBay and file your claim. You probably paid for it using PayPal, right? Then get with them as well.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

another eBay complaint
you want to save a few $$ & now your going to go thru a hassel
hope it works out for you, but, don't count on it
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Talayoe is on a distinguished road

From what I have learned/heard about people trying to get things back, specifically thru paypal is that if its less then ... somethign like 15k they will basically tell you to go blow your hat.

Knew a fellow who bought a tractor off ebay, paid with paypal. He lives up here and drove down to the US to pick it up after the deal was done. It wasnt even the same bloody model! Paypal said too bad, 10k wasnt enough for them to get into it and he shoulda gone and looked at it first. He was fairly upset, we shall say.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:25
SvB4EvA is on a distinguished road

Well, in light of all these negative comments about eBay and Paypal, I feel obligated to share my positive experiences.

I once purchased a video card for my computer on eBay. The card was supposed to be new in box. The card arrived, it was used for sure, and also the wrong model. Paypal refunded my money in full and I sent the card back to the person. Price was some where in the rage of $250.

Another occasion I purchased some fitted baseball caps, 2 for $40. The hats arrived and were cheap knock offs of real MLB hats. I was also reimbursed in full and kept the hats, needless to say, they became work hats.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral gray
2010DodgeRamSport is on a distinguished road

Ebay has a new thing called buyer protection, where they cover almost any item and will refund your money even if the seller wont, after contacting them the seller has agreed to refund my money. As for the smart comments keep them to yourself.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram quad cab
Trim Level: crome
Color: infernal red crystal pearl
bigred is on a distinguished road

had a mygig sent to me low speed not high and was the wrong model number he had on the ebay sell I asked for a return and monny back ( was hard , guy gave me alot of bull ) ebay and paypal steped in and he had to give me my 400.00 back I paid shipping there insured so I got another one and this guy lied it was older but at lest its been working for mouths now lost 160.00 on dodge who didnt even look at the model munber or we would have just send it back then I gave them a chance on the next one to up date it and they lied was never done I got the cd s updated it and alls ok now there nic name now is dodge autolost !!!! wish I would have gotton a kenwood dnx set up !

Last edited by bigred; 02-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 QC BigHorn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:35
thewagon is on a distinguished road

Who was the vendor so the rest of us don't get caught up in the same mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010DodgeRamSport View Post