DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Rep:10
Mayonaise32 is on a distinguished road
Default BedRug questions?

I just got my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport and I need help choosing how to protect my bed. I know the drop in liners cause rust and are easy to scratch the bed. So I was wondering if the Bedrug would cause rust to the bed? I've read the bedrug traps moisture between the bed and the rug so does it cause rust? This is my main concern. I wont really be hauling anything heavy duty but just want somthing for a little protection. What does everyone think?
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

No problem with mine so far--I've had it a little over 6 months.
Jay
Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the Bed Rug in 3 trucks now. IMO, there is no other solution worthy of consideration.
BTW - It breaths enough to dry out completely, yet it doesn't allow stuff like battery acid to leak through to the paint (as long as it not at a seam).
I have hauled everything from greasy old engines to gravel and black soil. Ultra easy to clean, and easy to remove if your so inclined to do that. The cleaning part is very important to me, as I use mine primarily to haul around real expensive electronic equipment, and dust, dirt and grime are my enemies.

Prior to trying the Bed Rug, I previously have used -
Rubber Mat
Plastic liner
Spray in liner (3 different types)
Custom mill-worked wooden liner
Custom rubber full box liner
And a couple of abstract ideas that I will NOT admit to if the information ever surfaces.

For me, the Bed Rug is the right product, but I also know there are many truck owners that are extremely happy with their spray-in solutions. I am not aware of anyone having a 'bad' experience with a Bed Rug, but that's not to say there isn't one....I just haven't heard it.......yet!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie / SLT
Color: Lt Khaki Metalic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
clarkjm is on a distinguished road

Had a Duraliner, did not like it. Changed to a Bedrug a month ago and really like it. Easy to clean and dries fast.
DoC
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the only complaint that i ever heard about with the Bedrug was that guy didn't like the few wrinkles in it, it is held on with 2 sided tape & could be easily fixed, i think that guy would have complained if his hot dog had a wrinkle in it

http://www.etrailer.com/tv-Mdemo-bedrug-review.aspx

durability test
http://www.autoanything.com/Popups/V...ProductID=3742

if you trim it or cut a slit so you can use the tie down loops, you can't return it

the biggest complaint is that there is not enough velcro in the package, i guess they don't have any hardware stores in town, some people really like to fasten it down
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie / SLT
Color: Lt Khaki Metalic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
clarkjm is on a distinguished road

You're right. A few spots had a small wrinkle but that was quickly fixed with some more velcro. The area on the tail gate needs two long strips in the middle, otherwise works like a champ.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
deepblue will become famous soon enough

I've had the BedRug in 2 trucks now. Love it and would not use anything else. The best things about the BedRug are:

1. When you sell your truck, you can remove it and sell it on Craig's list. I got 150.00 for a 2 year old BedRug --- it looked perfect.
2. Your stuff doesn't slide around when you put it in the back.
3. It does NOT absorb water and dries very quickly.
4. Highly resistant to acidic substances (you can't hurt it very easily)
5. Super easy to install.
6. The dogs love it ;-).

-cc
Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: "Beast" - '09 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie - Crew
Color: Inferno Red Crystal / Lgt. Greystone
Rep:42
strafen is on a distinguished road

ok guyz, im puzzled here.... ive always thought bedrugs were for guys running campers and toppers (caps and tonneau for people who might be calling them that) but not really open and exposed. have i just been misinformed?

im not by anymeans debating that they wont stand up to it fyi, just never had any dealings with them to know otherwise.

so long reply short..... they are capable of exposure and alot of abuse?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

STRAFEN, you really ought to look at the videos that i posted above
they pretty well explain everything

they do breathe & you can kneel or even sleep on them, really rugged & if you decide to pull it off for any reason, your bed will look almost new
another thing with having the bedrug, IF your bed gets damaged, it can be pulled out & replaced. IF you have a bed that has been sprayed with a liner, the auto body shop charges extra
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle