DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdemon View Post
Hey if ya can't do your job. Step aside and let the ones that can, do it. Oh and as for the last Sentence, I guess thats why many towns DO NOT WANT chases done in certain circumstances. ,public safety. There is a broad set of circumstances and situations. You're not pulling in direct things and reasons not to. Like I said,it wasn't aimed at you but you have taken it on a crusade. Oh and walkie talkie must have been a term before you were born or old enough. So I'll stand corrected to keep up with modern day politically correct lingo. Yeah you go on a cell to keep the airwaves open. I think if the bandwidth was that scarce and your reasoning was correct there,then each officer would have cells instead "handhelds". And I guarantee you are not on your cell when doing any of the points you made. I made general statements you are going for straight points. Police officers are people, even if you have the mentality of being above. AND AGAIN this is not aimed at the majority of friends,family and total strangers I have met that are in the position of upholding the law. But then there are the few that think they are the elite. And think that they can do no wrong. Even if they do. . I said this wasn't aimed at you but you seem to want to set some sort of "I'm right you're wrong". I also said if the guy was a danger to oncoming traffic/knew the law and said the hell with it. Hey he deserved it. But if not the case, the said officer could have issued a warning.It's all in the circumstances. Its all in the way it's handled. And how each person also deals with and speaks to the other. And this is not to say its also to be applied across the board on all instances. Silly I had to put the last part but from the previous response I can see well maybe I should just give a warning if I catch someone discharging a gun in a public place and say he didn't know. May be a far stretch but again look at the above rebuttal.
I can't decipher half of the gibberish you just posted, but I'll respond to what my simpleton English skills can wade through.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE officer on my department is required to have a cell phone with them while on patrol. We do not use the radio for a variety of reasons you are not previed to nor do you need to be. Many of which have already been addressed. That said, you make some fairly bold accusations for having never been anywhere near the LE community in any capacity. We are a department of over 1000 sworn officers. You could say that our two channels (yes two primary channels for over 1,000 cops) would quickly get overloaded with non-priority traffic if we didn't use cell phones to conduct a majority of our conversation. Radio is designed for disseminating critical information that all units need to be able to hear at the same time. One on one communication between officers and dispatch use land-line phones. We used to use Nextel before they sold and the service went to sh!t.

Walkie-Talkies are what you purchase at Radio Shack to keep track of your kids at Disneyland for 50.00. Our handheld or base radios are a little more high-tech and cost a little bit more. BTW, you're not that much older than me.

Ever watch the movie "Mr. Woodcock," ...."I won the contest, this is my house b!tch!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead View Post
Not here in PA ain't illegal.
Yep, actually it is. Just you know so you can't use the "I never heard of that law" when you get a ticket.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:37
inkdemon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to inkdemon Send a message via Yahoo to inkdemon

[QUOTE=sinned;458194]I can't decipher half of the gibberish you just posted, but I'll respond to what my simpleton English skills can wade through.

Ever watch the movie "Mr. Woodcock," ...."I won the contest, this is my house b!tch!"

Yep, actually it is. Just you know so you can't use the "I never heard of that law" when you get a ticket. [/QUOTE)
You know you may be close to my age but you still come across like a condescending ass. And that's putting it nice. Act like one get treated like one. I never said I should be previed to anything. Like the saying goes if you have nothing good to say.................... And my "Bold" accusations are made on seeing them done in front of me. At least some can admit it does happen by a few,without getting there ass in a dander. No I'm not in LE. Nor did I wish to be. But I guess the holier than tho is being shown. And a hadheld is just a high powered walkie talkie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkie-talkie So keep the pissing war going. It amuses me to see you continue to post as though nothing I have said is possible or true. Oh wait you're LE must be true. ;-) Like I said from the get go it wasn't aimed at you. But you have taken this all to heart.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdemon View Post
Like I said from the get go it wasn't aimed at you. But you have taken this all to heart.
No, I just can't stand by while ignorance is spread around about a job I am passionate about. Funny how people who could never do this job are experts on it and what we do in a day.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Funny how the public CAN see things that are done and should not be. Otherwise you read about it or it makes the news as well. Could never do the job, yes on that part due to 2 artificial hips. But not for lack of trying. Even went the route for other city jobs(originally from NYC) but also turned down because of disability.They didn't want the liability. So that one I can't fight you. But a wrong is a wrong when committed by public or public servants. It does happen and you can't say different. I or anybody else can point out wrongs. You choose to try to shoot it down,well hey in your mind its right!

Last edited by inkdemon; 03-01-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

The strange thing about life is it does not matter what Job or position one holds it comes with a hat and its how you wear that hat. I will give you a couple of my experiences with the police.

Several years ago one of our next door neighbors had gun and was threatening to commit suicide with the gun.We had a knock on the front door a policeman there ye can I help, "Yes we have a problem next door have you got a view of the neighbors garden" come in no problem show the view the policeman polite grateful etc. In storms the swat team barging through not an acknowledgment etc, the matter gets resolved the neighbor doesn't commit suicide, the swat team just storms back out no thank you's no acknowledgment. Courtesy and manners cost nothing.

I was driving towards Seattle on 99 a single cylinder motorbike passes me doing about 55 60 I enter battery street tunnel. [The tunnel has two lane each way divided so there is no access from the other way] I hear a crash further in the tunnel it bends so I could not see the accident but I know the bike rider has come off there are two cars in front of me both stopped. I phone emergency services by this time there is a back up of traffic but one lane is open so I start directing traffic so the police and ambulance can get to the guy. The police arrive first without thought or politeness basically told me to F#CK of out of it without trying find out as to what was going on.

We all want a civil society and if you hold a position of authority what ever walk of life use it wisely please
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktitus View Post
The strange thing about life is it does not matter what Job or position one holds it comes with a hat and its how you wear that hat. I will give you a couple of my experiences with the police.

Several years ago one of our next door neighbors had gun and was threatening to commit suicide with the gun.We had a knock on the front door a policeman there ye can I help, "Yes we have a problem next door have you got a view of the neighbors garden" come in no problem show the view the policeman polite grateful etc. In storms the swat team barging through not an acknowledgment etc, the matter gets resolved the neighbor doesn't commit suicide, the swat team just storms back out no thank you's no acknowledgment. Courtesy and manners cost nothing.

I was driving towards Seattle on 99 a single cylinder motorbike passes me doing about 55 60 I enter battery street tunnel. [The tunnel has two lane each way divided so there is no access from the other way] I hear a crash further in the tunnel it bends so I could not see the accident but I know the bike rider has come off there are two cars in front of me both stopped. I phone emergency services by this time there is a back up of traffic but one lane is open so I start directing traffic so the police and ambulance can get to the guy. The police arrive first without thought or politeness basically told me to F#CK of out of it without trying find out as to what was going on.

We all want a civil society and if you hold a position of authority what ever walk of life use it wisely please
Wisely put.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
How much is the ticket?

a) it might be just easier to just go ahead and pay the ticket then stir up a mess in court, you could probably win, but why go through the trouble of losing a days pay at work to go to court, piss off some cops and argue with a judge

good luck
On principal, at least thats why I would.
I would lose a thousand in wages, to win a hundred dollar ticket.

To the OP thats a stupid reason to write you a ticket, glad your going to stand up for yourself.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
I can't decipher half of the gibberish you just posted, but I'll respond to what my simpleton English skills can wade through.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE officer on my department is required to have a cell phone with them while on patrol. We do not use the radio for a variety of reasons you are not previed to nor do you need to be. Many of which have already been addressed. That said, you make some fairly bold accusations for having never been anywhere near the LE community in any capacity. We are a department of over 1000 sworn officers. You could say that our two channels (yes two primary channels for over 1,000 cops) would quickly get overloaded with non-priority traffic if we didn't use cell phones to conduct a majority of our conversation. Radio is designed for disseminating critical information that all units need to be able to hear at the same time. One on one communication between officers and dispatch use land-line phones. We used to use Nextel before they sold and the service went to sh!t.

Walkie-Talkies are what you purchase at Radio Shack to keep track of your kids at Disneyland for 50.00. Our handheld or base radios are a little more high-tech and cost a little bit more. BTW, you're not that much older than me.

Yep, actually it is. Just you know so you can't use the "I never heard of that law" when you get a ticket.
So you finished at or near the top of your class, at " How to be arrogant" school, didn't you.
Your attitude is why many people do not respect police anymore.
It used to be a profession that most be looked up to.
Now its one many see as a disgusting, bunch of liars and power trippers.
Remember that your pay cheques come from the peoples taxes.
The same people you should SERVE and PROTECT, not treat like crap.
If you want respect, earn it.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARB24 View Post
i got a ticket for having my hitch in... 75 bucks
Yeah, it's illegal where I'm from too. Reason was there are lots of trucks up here, lifted and not, that when they were rear ended the hitch would punch through the hood or windshield of the car... not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbride View Post
So you finished at or near the top of your class, at " How to be arrogant" school, didn't you.
Your attitude is why many people do not respect police anymore.
It used to be a profession that most be looked up to.
Now its one many see as a disgusting, bunch of liars and power trippers.
Remember that your pay cheques come from the peoples taxes.
The same people you should SERVE and PROTECT, not treat like crap.
If you want respect, earn it.
I am in the industrial safety profession, we get as much grief from workers as cops do from everyone else, I know their pain. I am constantly on my cell for work, I have a hands free phone too, my CB, incident report computer, and drive my rescue truck at high speeds to respond to incidents. The cell phone is the least of my distractions.

Now, like everyone else, I like cops when they're helping me, and pissed at them when I'm in trouble, only makes sense; but don't be bashing ALL cops or the profession in general, cuz I've lived in countries much much much worse than anything you have seen in north america; and even on a bad day, you've still got some of the best cops around.

And if the arguments continue, the thread will be closed.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Mcbride I have just seen you bottom quote
"IT'S NOT A MISTAKE MAN'SBEST FREIND CANNOT TALK"
God bless them they try and if only we were intelligent enough to understand