DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Wow did this thread turn into a gong show.

Glad you got out of the ticket dude! and you did what you had to do in getting your stuff together.

I am really disappointed in this little pissing contest on here.
Fact is, police go through intensive training excercises, because of this training they are able to completely focus on what they r doing, cell phone, radio, or computer. Fact is yes some cops are arrogant, but arrogance is also there because they are sure of themselves and what they stand for, sorry I would rather put my fate in the hands of someone who is completely sure of themselves and knows precisely what they are doing, and do it with confidence than someone who pussy foots around and is unsure. Yup SOM are cocky, again it is a side effect of self confidence, wich they need in their jobs.
I really really HATE that people stand there and wave a yellow ribbon saying support our troops, and all that, yet they turn around and act like complete *******s to the people who are here to protect us.
Police are our at home 'military' they are here to protect us from ourselves. They face people they see everyday, the people who go to their churches, their bars of choice, their friends.
Believe me I stand behind the military and await for every one of them to return home safely, but also pray for the safe return of our law enforcement as well to their families at night/day whenever they finally get to return home.
HOW DARE you question their ability and their dedication to their job. Who cares if they are calling home to talk to their wife that they haven't spoken to in a week because they have been working opposite shifts, or they call home to say goodnight to their kids that they rarely get to see because they work such long hours. I don't do that job because I couldn't, everyday they leave home and their families don't know that they will ever see them again. Would you question a soldier that is back at their base on the phone with their friends or family??? I doubt it! Why do you question an officer of the law??? they put their lives on the line everyday, when they are telling you to get out of the way with out a please or thankyou they are doing it for your protection, not to be *******s.
For the price they and their families pay, I don't care if they are on their phone. I don't care if I see them smiling. There is nothing better than seeing an officer smiling, if he enjoys his job that much...all the more to him/her, I couldn't do it.
I commend our loaw enforcement and our military and every one who pays the price to keep us safe.
I got my first speeding ticket not long ago, I drive a 390hp truck, I was speeding, they caught me, I paid my ticket and life goes on.
To the officers out there, thank you. and to the people who disrespect them, I hope you never find your self in a position where you need help from one of our finest.....Shame on you.
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhemi06 View Post
well went to court this morning, judge was a little hard on the couple people in front of me but i presented my case to him, showed him the section for fog lights and how theyre supposed to be placed 12-30 inches (he was unfamiliar with the code, had never actually seen a ticket for it) showed him the pictures i took with a measuring tape showing the fog lights are above 30 inches, and before i even finished he dismissed it. so if i had gotten the actual ticket for having more than four lights on, i wouldve paid but the ticket he wrote me was not the law i was breaking. I WIN.
You followed your conscience you won it may have been a hassle but you won I am pleased for you
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

that really suxs dude and i hear ya iv seen a crap load of trucks with more than 2 foglights...but glad you got out of it
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:186
bamasport has a spectacular aura aboutbamasport has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRam View Post
Wow did this thread turn into a gong show.

Glad you got out of the ticket dude! and you did what you had to do in getting your stuff together.

I am really disappointed in this little pissing contest on here.
Fact is, police go through intensive training excercises, because of this training they are able to completely focus on what they r doing, cell phone, radio, or computer. Fact is yes some cops are arrogant, but arrogance is also there because they are sure of themselves and what they stand for, sorry I would rather put my fate in the hands of someone who is completely sure of themselves and knows precisely what they are doing, and do it with confidence than someone who pussy foots around and is unsure. Yup SOM are cocky, again it is a side effect of self confidence, wich they need in their jobs.
I really really HATE that people stand there and wave a yellow ribbon saying support our troops, and all that, yet they turn around and act like complete *******s to the people who are here to protect us.
Police are our at home 'military' they are here to protect us from ourselves. They face people they see everyday, the people who go to their churches, their bars of choice, their friends.
Believe me I stand behind the military and await for every one of them to return home safely, but also pray for the safe return of our law enforcement as well to their families at night/day whenever they finally get to return home.
HOW DARE you question their ability and their dedication to their job. Who cares if they are calling home to talk to their wife that they haven't spoken to in a week because they have been working opposite shifts, or they call home to say goodnight to their kids that they rarely get to see because they work such long hours. I don't do that job because I couldn't, everyday they leave home and their families don't know that they will ever see them again. Would you question a soldier that is back at their base on the phone with their friends or family??? I doubt it! Why do you question an officer of the law??? they put their lives on the line everyday, when they are telling you to get out of the way with out a please or thankyou they are doing it for your protection, not to be *******s.
For the price they and their families pay, I don't care if they are on their phone. I don't care if I see them smiling. There is nothing better than seeing an officer smiling, if he enjoys his job that much...all the more to him/her, I couldn't do it.
I commend our loaw enforcement and our military and every one who pays the price to keep us safe.
I got my first speeding ticket not long ago, I drive a 390hp truck, I was speeding, they caught me, I paid my ticket and life goes on.
To the officers out there, thank you. and to the people who disrespect them, I hope you never find your self in a position where you need help from one of our finest.....Shame on you.

I have zero issues with this rant! i actually completely agree since I am in the military and my brother is NYPD. The only part i do not like is "Who cares if they are calling home to talk to their wife that they haven't spoken to in a week because they have been working opposite shifts, or they call home to say goodnight to their kids that they rarely get to see because they work such long hours." Who says they cant use a hands free device like i have too in order to drive?? If they are, then they are showing civilians they are upholding the law and abiding by it at the same time. if they are not using one, why should I have too, im trained probably better than the majority of all cops, but i get a ticket for it, how is that fair?????

i just seen the same argument on here a couple times and nobody brought up a hands free device, sorry to use your post but it was the closest one to the bottom lol.
3.92 rear axle, OEM 20" rims, 20% tint, Mopar wheel-to-wheel side steps, K&N drop-in air filter, LineX bedliner, OEM Tow hooks, Rampage Tailgate Light Bar, Borla Cat Back, 6" BDS lift, 35x12.50x20 Nitto trail grapplers, Custom painted interior, dodge slush mats
JON
Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

It's all good Jon...I think that the hands free interferes with them being able to hear their radios, or the cars are not equipped. Good point though...But I do absolutely believe that there is a legitimate reason why they don't use hands free...

BTW thank you for your service and please thank your brother as well.
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Officers are and should be held to a higher standard but keep in mind that they're human just like the rest of us and do make mistakes from time to time. I'd rather have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. Keep in mind they do a lot more than just enforce local laws. How many times have we encountered an accident to find that the police and not EMS are first on the scene? They have a lot on their collective plates and dealing with shit from motorists with bad attitudes is just one more thing they don't need.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

of all the tickets that deserved, my last one i feel was undeserved
i have a CDL, i just bought my '09 Ram, still had the dealer paper plates on it,
i was about 15 miles from the nearest Stop Sign or Signal Light & i was doing the speed limit along with the rest of the vehicles on the road.
A California Highway Patrol had been assigned to that section of road to enforce the BRAND NEW 24/7 Headlight Law on that old country highway, it had been a Traffic Advisory for 2 years before the Law went into affect.
So i am driving my shiny new Ram, life is grand !!! The Highway Patrol is sitting at a wide spot & i'm thinking that i am glad that i am not speeding today & he waves me into the wide spot in front of his patrol car.
He asked me why i wasn't obeying the law, & had not i seen all the signs about headlights?
I thinking what was he talking about as he is writing me a ticket, as he asked me to sign it, he started explaining about the law & then the promise to appear in court.
The ticket reads FAILURE TO OBEY A REGULATORY SIGN ( my insurance company reads this as running a STOP SIGN )
When he was finished, i opened my door & walked the the front of my brand new Ram, about the same time that i saw that my headlights were not working, i also noticed that the CHP had taken a defensive position, slightly couched, body turned sort of sideways, hand on the butt of his pistol. I turned back to my door & climbed in.
Later that same day, i drove that stretch of road twice looking for these supposed signs, they were poorly placed & not easy to spot. I used to work with the very guys that placed the new signs & told them about it after the fact. I also drove to the dealership to find out why my headlights didn't work when i started my vehicle, they said that everything was working as it should.
When i went to court, i told the Judge that i was Guilty with an explanation. MY case was who the hell makes a vehicle in 2009 that doesn't have DRLs, the Judge was very surprised himself & reduced the fine by close to $200.
Because of me having a CDL, another law had just gone into effect, a person with a CDL can Not go to a driving school to get the violation removed & or have the point against my license restored.

I will get even with that particular officer in my own way, if he ever shows up at one of the jobs that i am working, i'll get the truck driver to reject him & he won't get to work & he won't get paid the $200 for the overtime. Pay back in my own way.
Sorry sometimes it is good to vent
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'll gladly say I've deserved all the one's I've paid a fine for or went to school over. The ones I believe I didn't deserve are the one's I've beaten in court.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Years and years ago we taught new officers that the vast majority of complaints and ill will from citizens directed toward police officers came from traffic stops and traffic tickets. This thread proves that we were correct.
Jay
Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhemi06 View Post
well went to court this morning, judge was a little hard on the couple people in front of me but i presented my case to him, showed him the section for fog lights and how theyre supposed to be placed 12-30 inches (he was unfamiliar with the code, had never actually seen a ticket for it) showed him the pictures i took with a measuring tape showing the fog lights are above 30 inches, and before i even finished he dismissed it. so if i had gotten the actual ticket for having more than four lights on, i wouldve paid but the ticket he wrote me was not the law i was breaking. I WIN.
Glad to hear it was won.

I know I've gotten my fair share of warnings and met my fair share of good cops and bad ones. Most of them are really understanding if you're honest with them and cooperate. I got let off with a warning once after fishtailing in the rain, because when the officer asked me what I was doing, I simply stated "Being an idiot" lol. He agreed with me and let me off since I knew what I did was wrong and didn't try to lie to him.

But, I've also had cops pull for me over for "swerving over the line" and simply driving through a school parking lot. The parking lot incident ended with my truck being searched, and my uncle (another cop) chewing a young gun who wrongfully pulled me over and searched me. I cooperated because I had nothing to hide, but I still called my uncle later and gave him the badge number and explained to him what the officer did.

I have the utmost respect for any officer out there no matter of how they act. I do not judge a book just by it's cover. They are the people who risk their lives every day just so I can go home at night and not have to worry about someone breaking into my place. Kudos to any police or safety officer on this forum.