DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasey10 View Post
Glad to hear it was won.

I know I've gotten my fair share of warnings and met my fair share of good cops and bad ones. Most of them are really understanding if you're honest with them and cooperate. I got let off with a warning once after fishtailing in the rain, because when the officer asked me what I was doing, I simply stated "Being an idiot" lol. He agreed with me and let me off since I knew what I did was wrong and didn't try to lie to him.

But, I've also had cops pull for me over for "swerving over the line" and simply driving through a school parking lot. The parking lot incident ended with my truck being searched, and my uncle (another cop) chewing a young gun who wrongfully pulled me over and searched me. I cooperated because I had nothing to hide, but I still called my uncle later and gave him the badge number and explained to him what the officer did.

I have the utmost respect for any officer out there no matter of how they act. I do not judge a book just by it's cover. They are the people who risk their lives every day just so I can go home at night and not have to worry about someone breaking into my place. Kudos to any police or safety officer on this forum.
Very well said my friend very well said!!!
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: st
Color: black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:14
Mikes2010Ram is on a distinguished road

well that sucks... are you planning on taking them off?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasport View Post
Who says they cant use a hands free device like i have too in order to drive?? If they are, then they are showing civilians they are upholding the law and abiding by it at the same time. if they are not using one, why should I have too, im trained probably better than the majority of all cops, but i get a ticket for it, how is that fair?????
How can i have both a bluetooth and my radio earpiece in at the same time??? Duh? And what MOS could you have that makes you believe you are better trained at evasive driving tactics/EVOC and multi-tasking while driving than guys who it 10-12 hours a day, 4-7 days a week? Having served in the US Army, I don't recall any vehicles that are equipped with half the electronics a modern police car is that can be legally operated on public highways in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRam View Post
Wow did this thread turn into a gong show.

Glad you got out of the ticket dude! and you did what you had to do in getting your stuff together.

I am really disappointed in this little pissing contest on here.
Fact is, police go through intensive training excercises, because of this training they are able to completely focus on what they r doing, cell phone, radio, or computer. Fact is yes some cops are arrogant, but arrogance is also there because they are sure of themselves and what they stand for, sorry I would rather put my fate in the hands of someone who is completely sure of themselves and knows precisely what they are doing, and do it with confidence than someone who pussy foots around and is unsure. Yup SOM are cocky, again it is a side effect of self confidence, wich they need in their jobs.
I really really HATE that people stand there and wave a yellow ribbon saying support our troops, and all that, yet they turn around and act like complete *******s to the people who are here to protect us.
Police are our at home 'military' they are here to protect us from ourselves. They face people they see everyday, the people who go to their churches, their bars of choice, their friends.
Believe me I stand behind the military and await for every one of them to return home safely, but also pray for the safe return of our law enforcement as well to their families at night/day whenever they finally get to return home.
HOW DARE you question their ability and their dedication to their job. Who cares if they are calling home to talk to their wife that they haven't spoken to in a week because they have been working opposite shifts, or they call home to say goodnight to their kids that they rarely get to see because they work such long hours. I don't do that job because I couldn't, everyday they leave home and their families don't know that they will ever see them again. Would you question a soldier that is back at their base on the phone with their friends or family??? I doubt it! Why do you question an officer of the law??? they put their lives on the line everyday, when they are telling you to get out of the way with out a please or thankyou they are doing it for your protection, not to be *******s.
For the price they and their families pay, I don't care if they are on their phone. I don't care if I see them smiling. There is nothing better than seeing an officer smiling, if he enjoys his job that much...all the more to him/her, I couldn't do it.
I commend our loaw enforcement and our military and every one who pays the price to keep us safe.
I got my first speeding ticket not long ago, I drive a 390hp truck, I was speeding, they caught me, I paid my ticket and life goes on.
To the officers out there, thank you. and to the people who disrespect them, I hope you never find your self in a position where you need help from one of our finest.....Shame on you.
Thank you Julie!!!

If your ever in CA, look me up. I'll buy you a cup of coffee and a doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
When he was finished, i opened my door & walked the the front of my brand new Ram, about the same time that i saw that my headlights were not working, i also noticed that the CHP had taken a defensive position, slightly couched, body turned sort of sideways, hand on the butt of his pistol. I turned back to my door & climbed in.

Because of me having a CDL, another law had just gone into effect, a person with a CDL can Not go to a driving school to get the violation removed & or have the point against my license restored.

I will get even with that particular officer in my own way, if he ever shows up at one of the jobs that i am working, i'll get the truck driver to reject him & he won't get to work & he won't get paid the $200 for the overtime. Pay back in my own way.
Sorry sometimes it is good to vent
So lets start at the top:

You are pissed that you didn't how your truck operated (your bad) and that it didn't have DRL's (again your bad).

You are pissed that a road you drive regularly got some new signs, and since you don't pay attention to your surroundings, you didn't notice them (your bad).

You are pissed that after receiving a ticket, you jumped out of your truck and the officer immediately perceived this a possible threat (your bad and lucky you didn't get shot, +1 for the officer on his outstanding officer awareness and tactics).

Your pissed that since you have a CDL (California Drivers License?) you can't go to driving school (your bad, don't get tickets). And I'm curious what CDL stands for, maybe commercial?

So you are going to try and get even by doing what? Having a driver deny an officer of what?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Years and years ago we taught new officers that the vast majority of complaints and ill will from citizens directed toward police officers came from traffic stops and traffic tickets. This thread proves that we were correct.
Jay
No doubt about that! I can't say I ever heard of anyone getting rude with an officer when he's looking for someone acting suspiciously at night in that persons neighborhood.

I did have one series of events with a particular officer that seemed hell bent to harass me when I was younger. He repeatedly (four seperate occassions) pulled me over for non-moving violations. He even tried citing me for criminal trespassing once while I was sitting in my truck waiting to use a pay phone. After the fourth time, I complained to his watch commander and it stopped. I fought each citation in court and won.

Last edited by RamTech; 03-29-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Randy,
You mean you went to the officer's supervisor and made a complaint---like you should have
and you believed the tickets were unfair or improper and you went to court--like you should have---and didn't cry to everyone and anyone that would listen---and acted like an adult through the whole process---Holy Shit, what is the world coming too??????
Jay
Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

That's pretty much it. We don't have a perfect justice system but I believe we do have one of the best.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Aux/Driving lights are white/clear lights, Fog lights are yellow.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

wow....

Well Sinned you can buy me a coffee any time! But let's do lunch instead of donuts LOL unless they are Crispie Creams! I have a weakness LOL.
Take care, and I hope you never run into one of the above people on the road...if so Heaven help them!!!! LOL
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon, you know all cops are good for is giving innocent people tickets to pay our own salaries and ...