DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

yeah...those stories you hear of police saving people??? the police paid them off with donuts to say it was them right?!?!
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Don't forget about all the free meals too!
Jay
Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:186
bamasport has a spectacular aura aboutbamasport has a spectacular aura about

How can i have both a bluetooth and my radio earpiece in at the same time??? Duh? And what MOS could you have that makes you believe you are better trained at evasive driving tactics/EVOC and multi-tasking while driving than guys who it 10-12 hours a day, 4-7 days a week? Having served in the US Army, I don't recall any vehicles that are equipped with half the electronics a modern police car is that can be legally operated on public highways in traffic.

um, because a blue tooth goes in 1 ear and the radio earpiece goes in the other or you put your blue tooth in once you need to answer your phone. you are making excuses up is all, and dont worry about what MOS i am because you dont have a need to know. (just using your quote from earlier) If you were in the military, you should know that there are plenty of MOS that get training like you have or better. I was just giving my opinion no need to keep attacking people on this thread. Like i said i have respect for all cops, once I get out of the military that is what I am going for, so dont act like i dont like them. and hence my own brother is NYPD, how could I hate cops????? stop taking it all to heart, i was talking about you directly just asking a question why nobody has brought up anything about using a blue tooth while they are driving. its one less think you have to worry about while driving and using that HUGE switch board.
3.92 rear axle, OEM 20" rims, 20% tint, Mopar wheel-to-wheel side steps, K&N drop-in air filter, LineX bedliner, OEM Tow hooks, Rampage Tailgate Light Bar, Borla Cat Back, 6" BDS lift, 35x12.50x20 Nitto trail grapplers, Custom painted interior, dodge slush mats
JON
Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasport View Post

um, because a blue tooth goes in 1 ear and the radio earpiece goes in the other or you put your blue tooth in once you need to answer your phone. you are making excuses up is all, and dont worry about what MOS i am because you dont have a need to know. (just using your quote from earlier) If you were in the military, you should know that there are plenty of MOS that get training like you have or better. I was just giving my opinion no need to keep attacking people on this thread. Like i said i have respect for all cops, once I get out of the military that is what I am going for, so dont act like i dont like them. and hence my own brother is NYPD, how could I hate cops????? stop taking it all to heart, i was talking about you directly just asking a question why nobody has brought up anything about using a blue tooth while they are driving. its one less think you have to worry about while driving and using that HUGE switch board.
Here's a free lesson for ya, when we are in the patrol car, you have to turn your portable down to prevent feedback into the system. If you have an earpiece in one ear (which restricts your ability to hear anything) and a blue tooth in my other ear (which restricts your ability to hear anything), what am I listening to the car radio or my surroundings with?

There is no MOS that offers ANYTHING near the kind of training LE go through as it pertains to dealing with US citizens on US soil or driving on US highways.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhemi06 View Post
well went to court this morning, judge was a little hard on the couple people in front of me but i presented my case to him, showed him the section for fog lights and how theyre supposed to be placed 12-30 inches (he was unfamiliar with the code, had never actually seen a ticket for it) showed him the pictures i took with a measuring tape showing the fog lights are above 30 inches, and before i even finished he dismissed it. so if i had gotten the actual ticket for having more than four lights on, i wouldve paid but the ticket he wrote me was not the law i was breaking. I WIN.
Congrats on beating a bullshit ticket.
I think when cops write bogus tickets, they should get a fine for doing so, then maybe they would stop.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbride View Post
Congrats on beating a bullshit ticket.
I think when cops write bogus tickets, they should get a fine for doing so, then maybe they would stop.
It wasn't a bogus ticket. He was cited for a legitimate violation. The officer selected the wrong vehicle code and the ticket was dismissed. Just because you are found "not guilty" does equate to being innocent.

Maybe if people starting being fined for stupid outbursts, they would stop.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Just because you are found "not guilty" does equate to being innocent

Several years back Amnesty International that if I remember correctly that some 40% of the prison community were not guilty of the crime they were found guilty for. I think that you are probably aware that there's a lot of high profile cases that D&A is finding some long term prisoners innocent. God help those who are innocent with not high profile cases.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Actually you are innocent until proven guilty. Maybe you are spending too much time in your driving classes and not enough time in the books. If the cop isn't smart enough to cite the correct code then all he did was waste everyone's time...his, the OP, the court, and the taxpayer.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrieldy View Post
Actually you are innocent until proven guilty.
In the eyes of the courtroom and ONLY in the eys of the courtroom. In this case, the OP had already ADMITTED to violating a vehicle code, just not the one the officer cited him for.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

I have read through this entire thread and I cannot believe the outright disrespect shown towards Police officers by some members. I for one, do not take issue with those who risk their lives everyday to protect us and our families.

At my restaurant (one of the best in town if I don't say so myself) we give a 50% discount to all uniformed officers, FD, and EMT's that come in to show our appreciation.

With that being said, I cannot believe that the OP was cited for this violation and not given a warning. If ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law, then the officer should be able to write the proper citation. If we are expected to know all the moving violations then he sure as hell should too. Especially when they have a book with them to look up all the laws.

Congrats on beating the ticket.