DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
In the eyes of the courtroom and ONLY in the eys of the courtroom. In this case, the OP had already ADMITTED to violating a vehicle code, just not the one the officer cited him for.
I'm not here to debate you. You guys provide an invaluable service but your reply proves the point I'm trying to make. I think that you to should believe that people are innocent until proven guilty and not just the court. If you did then isn't it your/the publics best interest for you to cite/arrest people for the correct and legal reasons. Case in point the OP...if he was cited correctly then during his research he would've realized he was wrong and would losein court forcing him to comply.

You might know someone is "guilty" because in your line of work dealing with people everyday you learn how to read them and to trust your gut feelings but if it doesn't hold up what good is it? maybe easier said then done but think about what if you never had to go to court because no one tries to fight the tickets you write. I can't imagine you like showing up for those hearings.

On an unrelated note my buddy is deployed and his wife called the police because someone kept bangin on her door really late one night. She was scared because they don't know anyone her yet and it was almost midnight...anyway 3 police cruisers were there in about 5 mins. Turns out the person had the wrong house but nice to know the police here have a really quick response time.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Chariot View Post
I have read through this entire thread and I cannot believe the outright disrespect shown towards Police officers by some members. I for one, do not take issue with those who risk their lives everyday to protect us and our families.

At my restaurant (one of the best in town if I don't say so myself) we give a 50% discount to all uniformed officers, FD, and EMT's that come in to show our appreciation.

With that being said, I cannot believe that the OP was cited for this violation and not given a warning. If ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law, then the officer should be able to write the proper citation. If we are expected to know all the moving violations then he sure as hell should too. Especially when they have a book with them to look up all the laws.

Congrats on beating the ticket.
What..no military discount? Lol.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

I do those too man. Basically anyone in uniform that saves lives.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 AM

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrieldy View Post
What..no military discount? Lol.

speaking of no mil discount....took the wife out to dinner about a week ago (Red Lobster)...apparently the one here no longer gives military discounts....so no more calamari for me

but all the other places still do...Ihop, Texas roadhouse ect. ect.

I have to do some research and find out wtf
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
It wasn't a bogus ticket. He was cited for a legitimate violation. The officer selected the wrong vehicle code and the ticket was dismissed. Just because you are found "not guilty" does equate to being innocent.

Maybe if people starting being fined for stupid outbursts, they would stop.
Try grabbing a law book and looking it up.

Its innocent until proven guilty.
And he was not found guilty.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
redhemi06 is on a distinguished road

like i said, if i had been cited for the proper violation i would of plead guilty, paid the fine and been done with it. i was guilty of running 6 lights like the officer said, i had just installed them not too long ago and i like the way it looks when driving on the road. in all reality they really dont shine out to the road so dont start with the blinding people stuff, thanks... anyways it pretty much looks like underglow behind my grill. but yes i wasnt found guilty or not guilty it was just dismissed. as for all the other rant next time ill keep my tickets too myself. oh and my insurance went down $80 last month! lol thanks everyone for the replies and come on this is a place to talk about trucks so stop all the bickering back and forth! someone should come help install my gauges, e-fan, and 180 t-stat and my LT headers! bought a 79 tbird as well, gonna get her in july( my first car was a 78 and wanted another one) oh and i got beat last weekend racing my dad on a back road here in el paso, he's got a ford raptor with a 6.2, its quick and i didnt have my 91 tune on (he had his on, same mods as me) seeing as i just got it out of the shop the other day but he beat me 3 times. stop and go till about 70, 20 roll and a 30 roll. the stop and go was the closest. he got the jump and my front bumper never went behind his rear bumper, so probably a cam this summer sounds good?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

WOWOWOWOWOW.
Well, the last hour of reading was entertaining but not respectful by all parties.
Just my opinion, like it or not, I am not asking.
1) Police Officers put their pants on the same way we do so there is no need for the attitude. My husband and I were treated very rudely by an officer one night in Savannah (long story) but the jist is this......we asked for help and he didn't like being interrupted from him conversion he was having with the bar goers. Stormed over to our car, yelled at my husband and threatened to take him to jail, in front of our two young daughters. "I am an officer of the Savannah-Chatham Metro Dept and YOU WILL respect me". To which my husband replied, "I am an Officer in US Army that defends you and keeps your authority free, YOU WILL RESPECT ME!" When the pissing match was over and both men cooled (after back up was called in and SIDED WITH US, the officer realized we saw a blind man in serious need of help less than a block away from the officer. Emotions were running high and with a 5 time deployed soldier fresh back from war, all it would have taken was a little compassion to realize a human being needed help that we couldn't give, but that the officer could. (For those that know me, I wasn't a First Responder or on the dept yet.)

2) There ARE MOS' that are just as equipped electronically with multiple communication devices as there are cop cars. Aviation, especially those equipped to go overseas on covert missions to eliminate the enemy. SOME Fire Trucks are as well.

3) All that being said, I will say that in our previous county that we resided in, cops and the Fire Dept used the same radio transmission lines. We were advised to use our cell phones to communicate with our supervisors so that the dispatch center could free up necessary emergency channels.

I have been pulled over by jerk cops and by wonderfully awesome cops. Compassion goes along way. It's all in the way it is handled by both parties.
There are so many "blue laws" on the books that for either a cop or civilian to know them all is literally impossible. Going to get graphic here for a moment to prove a point: Did you know it is illegal to be orally intimate with your spouse on Sunday in GA in the county we lived in? If it weren't for the rednecks neighbors and their late nights of drinking, we would never have known that! Wonder how many GA residents do?!
So put your man pride back behind the zipper and be kind. "Do unto others as you'd have done unto you."