DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default Dealership Experiences

After rereading some posts on an old thread, I decided to start this one regarding everyones dealership experiences. If they were good, brag on your dealer. If they were bad, tell us about them as well so long as facts and not speculation are all that's posted. The info you post may wind up being useful to another member.
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 QC BigHorn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:35
thewagon is on a distinguished road

Thanks for starting this as the majority of my experiences have been great.

Victorville Dodge in Victorville, California: Bought my 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T there and also got the maxcare warranty and the 3/36 scheduled service warranty there. Anytime I took my car in for service, be for scheduled service or other unscheduled services, Lela the service writer listened to my issues and made sure they were resolved before I left. I never had a complaint on car service there after using them for 6 years. Always supplied me with a free car rental, they had a starbucks in the dealership that was FREE. I love that dealership.

EDIT: There was a dealership only 1 mile away from my job but they messed up a service I had on a 2001 Dodge Durango SLT + once and I ended up driving 25 miles each way to Victorville because of their spectacular service experience.

Last edited by thewagon; 02-27-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Adding more
Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 QC BigHorn
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:35
thewagon is on a distinguished road

Dave Smith Dodge, Kellogg, Idaho: Bought my 2010 RAM there because they gave the best price for the options I wanted. I bought a plane ticket, flew into Spokane, WA and they picked me up, took me to the dealership, left with the truck (all paperwork done via email except for the signing). Great experience. Great drive home (2 day drive), 90% of the time it rained but the truck performed flawlessly.

Reno Dodge, Reno, Nevada: Took my truck for its first service at 3,800 miles because it would occasionally not shift out of park. Thankfully we were able to duplicate the problem while I was there and they replaced the part and said the 3/36 scheduled service contract I had was due for my first oil change. The service writer said I have 12 free (every 3,000 miles) scheduled services and they would perform #1. I said the truck manual says every 6,000 miles and Scott the writer says, do you want to follow the 6,000 service or the 3,000 service. That's a no brainer, got the service done.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Great story . If there were more service writers that did more for the customer (as Lela did for you) by verifiing what the customers complaint was before writing it up , then even road testing the vehicle after repairs were done , there wouild be less unhappy customers .
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Rep:84
Chubby Bruiser will become famous soon enough

I bought my Ram in March 2010 at Frank Boucher in Janesville Wisconsin and I give them high marks. They were knowledgable and personable. When it came down to the final price however the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. Their quote on the showroom floor was 1k higher than I wanted to spend. So I walked out. I went home with the stock number and got on their website and lo and behold my truck was priced where I wanted it. I immediately texted the sales mgr and told him and he immediately replied back that was good news for me. I signed on the dotted line 3 days later. I got it during truck month and got the Hemi free also. I have had it in the service dept twice, once for a recall and the other was because they had to replace the cowl that runs along the bottom of the windshield. Both visits were hassle free and prompt. Also, last summer I bought a chrome bug shield from them. They messed up the numbers and ordered the wrong one. They ended up ordering the right one and bought me lunch for my trouble. Then when the bug shield came in they called me and had the parts girl deliver it right to my house. One last thing. The place is clean! From the showroom to the service and parts dept you could eat off the floor.
Westin Nerf Bars, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Slush Mats, Chubby Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Bosch Wiper Blades, Weathertech Vent Visors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Reese Tow Package with Anti Sway Bars, B Pillar Black Tape Removed, Mopar Chrome Gas Door, Mods to come - 14 inch Mufflex, CAI, Headers, Michelin Tires, Chrome Bed Rails.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: QC Big Horn 4x4x
Color: Flame Red
Rep:10
Ramit9990 is on a distinguished road

I bought my ram earlier this month from Baxter Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge in Omaha, NE. They were great during the sale, but feel short afterwards. They failed to fill the tank (was included in contract) and provide me with a spare key. I had to go back the next day for the fuel, and return two days later for the spare key. The bedliner was suppose to take 7-10 days to come in. After 22 days, I called. It was in, they just failed to call me. They said it was a 20-30 install, that somehow took them 2 hours! I'll never go back to that dealership again.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Rep:13
Mcbride is on a distinguished road

The dealership I bought from is not a great dealer, but they have 1 great salesperson I found there.
I talked to 3 sales people there first, and all sucked, but number 4 was great, and i have bought 3 vehicles from her now.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
erm

Dick's Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Top notch in all departments.

Sales department will try to empty your pockets but what sales department won't? Mike, the Internet Sales Manager, is great to deal with.

Parts department is quick and efficient. Doesn't offer group discounts for local clubs but I have never gotten the wrong part. Randy there knows his stuff.

The best department there is the service department. They will work and work and work on finding the problem and they WILL solve it! I have yet to hear the dreaded words "Unable to duplicate customer's complaint."

All in all I am very pleased with my local dealer. I make sure the parts and service guys get a box of donuts everyonce in a while in the winter and a cooler full of ice cold Snapples on a hot day in the summer just to show my appreciation. Of course, they remember who brought the goodies to them the next time I show up as well.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4 Crew
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:28
bgerard is on a distinguished road

Cardinal Dodge in Louisville, KY did a great job handling the purchase of my truck. Straight forward sales team and straight forward deal. Everything was clear and well done - much better than their cross town rival.

Best part of the experience so far came about 2 weeks into ownership. Being new to 4x4 truck world, I called the service dept for some help. I spent the next 30 minutes on the phone with a master tech and their service manager. They gave me all kinds of insights, ideas, and suggestions on how to get the most out of my vehicle. Not that I'm eager to take my truck in for issues, but if treated in person the way they treated me on the phone, they'll have a long-time customer, even though they are 20+ miles away.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:30
Ram1500SCC is on a distinguished road

I bought mine in July from Artioli Dodge in Enfield, CT. I looked online because I wanted the Mango Tango Pearl with the sport hood and sunroof. They had the exact vehicle that I wanted. I called. I gave them all the information on my 08 Silverado and they gave me a trade in quote. I was caught off guard by their quote as I thought it was 2K higher than the KBB value in my area. I thought that they were trying to get me into the dealership and then tell me that my truck wasn't worth what they quoted me. I was wrong. They stuck by their quote (I've been told that the person who gets the best deal on my vehicles is the owner after me) and everything went great. Never really dealt with a "salesman" as Amber from internet sales did it all. Great experience!