DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I would love to see you file a case and win it but certainly understand why you wouldn't want to spend time on it now.
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 2004.5 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Molten Red/ Silver
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:93
Poriggity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Moss Bros. would get a lot more than a nasty gram from me!
I did give them a piece of my mind, let them know that I would never set foot in their dealership again, and I have spread the word to ANYONE I know that has a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle. I have turned at least 2 people that I know of away from them now, who used to get all their services done at Moss Bros. I'll never step foot in that dealership again, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure that other's don't either. In this day and age, as well as economy, I'd think dealerships would be apt to do the right thing rather than argue and lose a customer, and possibly many customers.
Scott
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I am on my 3rd Ram purchased from Brandon Chrysler Dodge in Brandon, MB. It is a smaller family dealership that appears more interested in getting you the vehicle you want, rather than what's on the lot. If you are asking for an option that is not 'readily' available in your chosen trim package, they try every avenue available to them to get you what you want. My 2008 Ram was ordered as a 'Fleet' vehicle to get 1 particular option.

The service department, other than being a little stress out at times due to their success in getting and keeping customers, is very professional, personable, timely and caring. The parts department will spend hours trying to get you the best deal on any part you want, without ever making you feel that you 'have to' buy from them. Everyone there, has been there for many years, and all seam to really like their job.

Too boot, they have a great mascot....Beau.....the GM's golden Retriever who greets any customer, that shows no apprehension to dogs, and will come and keep you company if your sitting there waiting to see someone, or have your truck serviced.

My latest experience was this afternoon when I took my Ram in for a oil change. Normally they wash every serviced vehicle before they return it to you, but with the temperature at -28, they asked if I wanted the truck washed and if I had a warm garage to put it in so the doors wouldn't freeze up. It's a small thing, but shows that they care, and are thinking.

......maybe the Maddog donut thing is a factor.....

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2004 SRT-10
Trim Level: SRT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:43
SRT Dude is on a distinguished road
Default The good, the bad and the ugly..Bad and ugly big dealership and the good of a small shop mechanic

Wish my latest experince was a good one but totally the opposite....bought my SRT-10 from Hendricks Chevy in Monroe NC. Was bought used 20,000 miles on a 2004 and their price was very fair. I also had the pleasure of being able to drive it a day before deciding...noticed that the rear window latch was broken and there was a wobble from the back left tire..took it back and they said they would fix both.....this dealer is 40 miles from my home and add to that I travel a lot for my job so its hard to take it there....I dropped it off on a Friday and got a call on Monday stating that I could pick it up all was fixed...when I got there I was told the glass for the window had been ordered but they didnt have it yet....but they did fix the wobble and they told me the cause was a bent rim..I had looked at the rim before and didnt see any problems but they are the experts or so I thought. Just the fact that I was made to make an 80 mile round trip in a truck that runs 93 octane and maybe 11-15 mpg didnt make me a happy camper but the salesman told me they would fill the tank to cover any added expenses. Took the truck home drove it for awhile and got a call 1 week later telling me the glass was in but I was out of town and ended up on the road for over 6 weeks. When I got back into town I had a very experinced Viper mechanic install a bunch of mods for me and he noticed that there was still a slight wobble in the same tire they said was fixed....he checked further and it turns out the the axle was slightly off..didnt effect driving but would have resulted in problems if not fixed. I called the dealership and explined the problem and was told that they would "make it right" as I told them I would not have bought a car with a bent axle regardless how slight especially in the high performance truck like this. Brought it down again the glass was replaced and the shop did indeed find the axle was off and wanted me to pay almost $400 to have it replaced.....I then spoke to the manager who told me they would make it right and asked why the cost...I explained that before I signed the contract I expressed concern about the wobble and was told by their service manager that all was corrected..I also told him that I was relying on their expertise and took them for their word, he told me that no one is really an expert...WOW WTF wish I had that one on tape long story short they would split the almost $800 charge with me....thank god I have a fantastic friend up the road from me who is also a nationally known Viper truck expert who also thought they were taking me for a ride......long story short...dealership never filled the tank as promised...never made it right unless I paid out of pocket for something that should have been fixed from Day 1, turns out they never did check the axle which they should have based on my complaint,piss poor customer service in my book.....Talked to Tony and he had a few extra axles up at his place would be more than happy to fix mine....I ended up getting a check for $200 from the dealer as I DIDNT want them touching my ride anymore and got a quote from Tony of around $150 to replace the axle and fluids and no charge for the axle he had in the yard....I will give him the $200 and at that its a hell of a deal.....if I didnt know Tony it would have cost me $400 plus 60-70 in gas for the repairs to be done by people that were not experts

In the past I have had good and bad experinces with dealersw most of them on the positive side.........but this one really put a sour taste in my mouth..so tomorrow I will be learning how to install a rear axle on a SRT-10
My stories morale is stay away from the BIG boys and find a nice small locally owned dealership..they seem to take a lot more pride in their work as my other 2 bad experinces were both at very large dealerships.....
2004 RC SRT-10 Born on 05/19/2004 13:00

Last edited by SRT Dude; 03-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Any promises made at the time of purchase should be put in writing on a "we owe" slip. Otherwise, any verbal promises don't amount to a pint of piss. Anyone that's ever been recruited for the military knows exactly what I mean!

Last edited by RamTech; 03-03-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ANy promises made at the time of purchase should be put in writing one a "we owe" slip. Otherwise, any verbal promises don't amount to a pint of piss. Anyone that's ever been recruited for the military knows exactly what I mean!
True statement there! I was promised to be a Rear Admiral one day......the only part that came true was the rear!

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2004 SRT-10
Trim Level: SRT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:43
SRT Dude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Any promises made at the time of purchase should be put in writing on a "we owe" slip. Otherwise, any verbal promises don't amount to a pint of piss. Anyone that's ever been recruited for the military knows exactly what I mean!

So sad but true..when ones word isnt worth piss it says a lot about the current state of affairs.....I do remember when ones word was their bond but then again that also gives a hint as to my age

As stated on the postive side my man Tony is a man of his word and even though a few of my mods took HOURS longer than he thought there was no extra charges...
2004 RC SRT-10 Born on 05/19/2004 13:00
Old 03-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
StevePG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to StevePG

Quote:
I would love to see you file a case and win it but certainly understand why you wouldn't want to spend time on it now.
Since it all happened I found a great dealer in Roswell, GA. Palmer Dodge. They have all of the trucks at 10K below retail. Bought a 2011 Outdoorsman and picked it up last Monday.

I am still filing a complaint with Dodge corporate over the dealer in Florida though.