DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:121
D.Rowe will become famous soon enoughD.Rowe will become famous soon enough
Default Just ordered Cooper Zeon LTZ's 305/55's..Anyone else have um?

Product Information:
4 Cooper Zeon LTZ
LT305/55R-20/E2 121S

Just ordered these for my Daytona. My Goodyears are shot and I running the full spare due to a flat.

Would love to hear anything about these tires from current Cooper Zeon LTZ owners or anyone else for that matter.

I confirmed with a few Daytona owners that 305/55's will fit without rub and no spacers or lift needed. Hope this holds true....
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: SILVER
Rep:11
HEMIJOE69 is on a distinguished road
Smile Cooper zeon--awesome tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rowe View Post
product information:
4 cooper zeon ltz
lt305/55r-20/e2 121s

just ordered these for my daytona. My goodyears Are shot and i running the full spare due to a flat.

Would love to hear anything about these tires from current cooper zeon ltz owners or anyone else for that matter.

I confirmed with a few daytona owners that 305/55's will fit without rub and no spacers or lift needed. Hope this holds true....
these tires are great in snow,rain, mud. Referred by discount tire.

Was going from michelin ltx--worst tire for my truck after much research as rated the best.

Then was going to switch back to goodyear but to tougher tire than hp's

the price savings is only a bonus!!

Cooper zeon's -got them before big february snow storm in chicago and some of best tires ever bought! Great traction to be able to handle a heavy footed hemi driver. Needed safety for my two little children. Feel very secure!! You will be happy.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I don't own them yet but I've read a ton about them and everyone seems to love them. I have yet to read a negative comment. I want them....just waiting on $800

Seems like I read that 305/55 might scrub just a hair at full lock turned in one direction....left I think.....with stock suspension. I might be wrong though. Hopefully your sources are correct but if not a simple 1/4 spacer would fix that. Pics when you get em please!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
I don't own them yet but I've read a ton about them and everyone seems to love them. I have yet to read a negative comment. I want them....just waiting on $800

Seems like I read that 305/55 might scrub just a hair at full lock turned in one direction....left I think.....with stock suspension. I might be wrong though. Hopefully your sources are correct but if not a simple 1/4 spacer would fix that. Pics when you get em please!
Snagged mine from Discount Tire and they just shipped.
They are not cheap but they are quite important to me as too have kids riding in the back so I want a great tire.

Pics will be posted and i do hope the scrubbing is non-existant..didn't really want to do spacers.

I guess I could deal with it at full lock to one side...hmmm..wonder why just left???? Where exactly would they rub? Not quite clear on that...first time truck owner here.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
flip16 is on a distinguished road

i had the nitto's in the crosshairs then at the last second one of my cheap good years with 6500 mi on them blew out and i bitched to the dealership and told them they had to replace them... they said i would have to pay for two new tires at cost and they would get two and mount them for free. i told them i wanted an all terrain tire so they gave me two choices of either BFG's or mickey thompson atz's so i went with the micks. it cost me $700 to have them. the 305's def rub at full turn on the sway bar so you might want to go with a new wheel/offset, now your nitto's might fit, but its going to be close because the tires the dealer gave me are LT tires (which i did not ask for, but im not complaining) LT have more tread then reg tires of the same size, and the micks have a pretty gnarley tread pattern.....it's going to be close
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip16 View Post
i had the nitto's in the crosshairs then at the last second one of my cheap good years with 6500 mi on them blew out and i bitched to the dealership and told them they had to replace them... they said i would have to pay for two new tires at cost and they would get two and mount them for free. i told them i wanted an all terrain tire so they gave me two choices of either BFG's or mickey thompson atz's so i went with the micks. it cost me $700 to have them. the 305's def rub at full turn on the sway bar so you might want to go with a new wheel/offset, now your nitto's might fit, but its going to be close because the tires the dealer gave me are LT tires (which i did not ask for, but im not complaining) LT have more tread then reg tires of the same size, and the micks have a pretty gnarley tread pattern.....it's going to be close
Going with Cooper's not Nitto's....just to clarify. Assume a 305 is a 305 regardless of who is making it. Hoping the Daytona edition may have the additional centimeters of clearance I need to avoid rub.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Default Warranty Concerns?

Anyone know if putting a diff tire size on than stock voids any kind of warranty ? I never really thought about this and my Cooper's will be here in a few days.

Dave
Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM

The factory installed my 305's if they were going to void anything I don't think they would of let me put them on
Old 02-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I have done a crapload of reading on these tires and sizes for our trucks while trying to decide what size to go back with on mine. It had 285/50/20s on it when I bought it and IMO they are just too low profile for a 4x4. Basically I've seen several say they can run 305/55s without rubbing and several that say they have very slight rubbing on the upper control arm at full lock. Also, I see you are going with an E-load range tire (which I agree with if you can afford them) and I have heard that they have very slightly deeper tread than normal load tires so that could be a factor as well if the spacing is already that close. You could always go with a front leveling kit instead of spacers if they do scrub. There are pros and cons to each. The good news is that you can put them on and see if they scrub before you have to buy anything else. If they do scrub it shouldn't be much and you can just try to avoid turning at full lock until you reach a conclusion.

What kind of warranty do you have on a 2005 model? I wouldn't think simply changing the tires would affect any type of warranty. You could always call your warranty provider and ask them outright. Or you could not call and chances are they won't even notice whenever you have it serviced since you aren't going with some insane size.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 PM

I do have a 2" leveling kit on my truck.. I got it in advance of the tires thinking it would take care of any issues with the 305 55 tires, but they still rub on the stabilizer bar. Ten mins ago I bought a set of 20x9 FUEL octane wheels and they have a zero offset which should (fingers crossed) stop the rubbing. I park in a 9 story parking garage everyday for work and I have to turn full lock around every floor so I don't want to ruin the tires