DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAM11 View Post
So what would you guys say is the best CAI for a 2010 Dodge Ram with the Hemi? It seems like Volant sounds great from what i hear, but also a little pricey. any ideas?
IMHO i think that the quality of materials used and the performance of the Volant out weighs the minor fitment issue. I say Volant but thats just cause i own one...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:10
DRAM11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
IMHO i think that the quality of materials used and the performance of the Volant out weighs the minor fitment issue. I say Volant but thats just cause i own one...
What do you think were your avg gains with the Volant? you get any better MPG's? What do you think the HP/TORQ gains are compared to say a K&N Aircharger, or Airraide?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Hard to say but with my current mods ive gained roughly 50 to 60 rwhp so i think you should see around a 10 to 12 rwhp gain same with tq. Well if you can keep your foot out of it you may see a MPG gain.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
viper19JN is on a distinguished road

Yeah there are always variations in the manufacturing process

Even on computer controlled assemblies there is an allowable variance

Not saying your issue is just a variance in the process sometimes there is a mistake that slips past quality control so I'd contact them and see if they will do anything for you
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper19JN View Post
Yeah there are always variations in the manufacturing process

Even on computer controlled assemblies there is an allowable variance

Not saying your issue is just a variance in the process sometimes there is a mistake that slips past quality control so I'd contact them and see if they will do anything for you
Yeah I sent them a very polite email with 6 or 7 pics of my install with the gaps shwing clearly. this was like 5 days ago and I have not even received an acknowledgement from them
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:10
DRAM11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Yeah I sent them a very polite email with 6 or 7 pics of my install with the gaps shwing clearly. this was like 5 days ago and I have not even received an acknowledgement from them

Just wondering if you had heard anything from them yet on the fitment issue? or if you got it all figured out. I'm still wondering which CAI to get but if the Volant is a real pain then possibly may just go with air raid.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

I was gonna purchase a Volant for my truck. A good friend at work had one on his 2010 Ram. Asked him about his, he described the exact same problem's you've had. Didn't recommend it at all. Ended up getting the Mopar for a good price. $360. Still like the look of the Volant over the Mopar though.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Dram11, no I never did even get an acknowledgement to my email! an that should tell you something about this company right there. I would not say that the performance is poor with their product, but in my opinion the performance of the company itself sucks. I would never recomend this cai to anybody. this is one mans opinion of course
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
quadbob will become famous soon enough

I had similar fit issues with the Volant on my 2010 Ram 1500. I contacted them to make sure they actually sent the correct part for my truck as the fit was so poor. They have not even bothered to respond to my email.

I would never purchase a volant product again. Considering the high cost of their CAI you would at least expect it to fit properly and if not, at least get a little assistance from the manufacturer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg underhood.JPG (52.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Yeah I have sent them two emails to their customer service dept and never received a reply to either one. They sure wouldn't ever get another one of my dollars.