DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of
Default A sad day for me and grizzly...

After I spent all day pampering my baby, changed her oil, cleaned the engine bay, and clay barred the whole truck, I heard news that I never wanted to hear. My dad is getting laid off from his new job already and he will have to go back to working construction which means he needs my Ram. It's very upsetting, I've become so attached to my truck and have put so much time into taking care of it and modding it. I will still be able to take the truck out occasionally, but it will no longer be mine. I have spent almost all money I had on that truck so I have nothing saved up to buy another. For the time being I will be driving a Dodge Durango. Hopefully if I work full time all summer I might be able to afford another used Ram by this time next year, but since my Dad is losing his job I may have to help with bills again. I can't even imagine what its going to feel like handing over the keys, for good. I have had so many memories with this truck and even though it's not the prettiest, most decked out jacked up Ram, all of my friends loved it and we had so much fun with it. I don't know what else to say really. I am definitely going to stay on the forums, but I may not be here as often. I would just like to thank everyone here on the forums that have helped me with my truck and making it what it is now. I guess that's about it. :/
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 PM
erm

Hang in there, Dillon. Stuff happens, good and bad (ask me how I know....) but eventually it moves back to the good side of the ledger.

You are always welcome here and in chat, buddy!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM

GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Hang in there, Dillon. Stuff happens, good and bad (ask me how I know....) but eventually it moves back to the good side of the ledger.

You are always welcome here and in chat, buddy!
Yeah, I know things will get better, but I'm still losing my truck and there is nothing I can do about it.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

If the Durango is gonna be yours, you might consider modding it!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
If the Durango is gonna be yours, you might consider modding it!
Hahaha! If I did anything to that thing it would be tint and 2 12" subs. It has the same engine as my ram and I'm pretty sure it's faster too. I'd rather just save the money and try to find a good deal on a 4x4 Ram and start from there. I really want to get back into wheeling and I would love to have a 4x4 Ram. I only have about $300 to my name right now so I don't think I could find a decent truck for that
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM
erm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxHunting View Post
Yeah, I know things will get better, but I'm still losing my truck and there is nothing I can do about it.
Yup...I totally understand. Nothing you can control about the situation but you are still affected by it. It's frustrating and you wonder what you did wrong to be treated like that.

Well, ya did nuthin' wrong and it is what it is. Don't let it get ya down. Hold your head up, understand why it has to happen and do the best ya can.

We are here for ya when ya need to let off some steam, rant a bit or just share how yer doin', buddy.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
Stusmobile will become famous soon enough

I feel your pain, my $7000 savings towards my truck got shrunk to about $1100 by unexpected emergency medical bills. It sucks but you have to get back up and give life a kick in the testicles and tell it you ain't done with it yet.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Dillon, I know it's hard losing a vehicle... once handed over the keys to my 420HP '01 Sunfire GTX (it was high school, leave me alone ) to my parents when I went to university. Remember, a Durango is the same as a dakota, so there's plenty of mod potential there.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to even bother with the Durango. It has a premium sound system already. I think all I will do is tint the windows and stat saving up for another Ram. Or I might just rob a bank and buy a powerwagon and a R/T.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
erm

Holler at Paris, Dillon. She's always up for a good bank robbery!