DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Martkos is on a distinguished road

Have had the vibration in mine also since day one. Have over 4,000 miles on it now and although I've gotten used to it, it's still there. It's tough to explain exactly what it is, no rhyme nor reason to it.
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:11
Gene K is on a distinguished road

While I havnt noticed it in my 4.7L it sounds like its normal for the truck. IE if the dealer told you they all do that it would actually be true.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Thanks Randy, yeah its weird it only happens every so often and its a slight vibration. I'm not taking it in and have those guys chase a ghost if it's not ever been mentioned, but thanks for keeping an eye out for us!
I found out the source of my vibration in the gas pedal and the slight clunking asociated with it when running on washboards/rough roads, today at the dealership.

There are some bushings in the front that go bad prematurely. I am not for sure on which ones, when I get under there next week to fix my rocker panels, I am going to check it out. I will report back. I was not going to have the dealer do it. $984 P&L, and not covered under MaxCare powertrain warranty.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
BRYFRY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
I found out the source of my vibration in the gas pedal and the slight clunking asociated with it when running on washboards/rough roads, today at the dealership.

There are some bushings in the front that go bad prematurely. I am not for sure on which ones, when I get under there next week to fix my rocker panels, I am going to check it out. I will report back. I was not going to have the dealer do it. $984 P&L, and not covered under MaxCare powertrain warranty.
Will be looking forward to hearing if you are able to fix that or not.

I have an 09 with 24K miles and the pedal vibrates so bad sometimes that it actually puts my foot to sleep!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

there is no approved fix for the vibration....and the mds concern is to be expected as stated before....tis running on 4cyl.......as also stated before the pedal vibration is harmonics....meaning two vibrations or frequencies are meeting to create a resonance.....and that resonance IMO is what you are feeling in the pedal.....change any of the frequencies in play and the resonance should go away....ever look under some vehicles and find a rubber nub hanging from the crossmember.....well thats just what its there for......it just changes the frequency of a vibration.....its still there but you dont hear or feel it.....
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Actually the more I pay attention to the gas pedal in this scenario, whatever "sprung clattering" that's going on is upstream from the gas pedal. What I mean is when I feel or hear it happening, just happended again yesterday heading out to do some ice fishing, it is beyond the pivot point of the gas pedal, I don't know if it would be on the outside of the firewall or not, but I intend to find out, it just plain feels cheap!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Its either the sway bar or steering rack bushings on mine, I just about have it narrowed down.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Its either the sway bar or steering rack bushings on mine, I just about have it narrowed down.
Well, I sure hope it's not what your suggesting, it seems to be a wide spread issue, there will be alot of warranty cases. I don't honestly think it is what you suggest, I have this annoying habbit of tuning into my vehicle when I drive it too closely at times and the only sound or vibration is coming from the gas pedal only. Is anybody that could come up with a schematic of the gas pedal linkage, you know an exploded view.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
US Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
Well, I sure hope it's not what your suggesting, it seems to be a wide spread issue, there will be alot of warranty cases. I don't honestly think it is what you suggest, I have this annoying habbit of tuning into my vehicle when I drive it too closely at times and the only sound or vibration is coming from the gas pedal only. Is anybody that could come up with a schematic of the gas pedal linkage, you know an exploded view.
I have the vibration, but mine us accompanied by an audible THUD-THUD-THUD when running over bumps. The vibration on mine is probably a seprarte issue.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:32
BRYFRY is on a distinguished road

Well I just discovered something. My pedal vibration has been pretty bad since I bought the truck, but about a week ago I swaped my factory 20's w/Goodyears for Boss 22's w/Nitto Terra Grapplers, and guess what.....?

....NO MORE VIBRATION!

Which I guess means our factory rubber may be the culprit?