DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HEMIGUY390 is on a distinguished road

The vibration has driven me NUTS since I bought the truck on Aug 23/11. My dealer says theres nothing there and I figured there was nothing there, I have been paying close attention and beleive it is caused by something related to the 4x4 from the transfer case to the front cv joints or somewhere in that field. And maybe I'm very wrong but it's the only thing that makes sense to me so far. BUT THE TRUCK IS AWSUM
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIGUY390 View Post
The vibration has driven me NUTS since I bought the truck on Aug 23/11. My dealer says theres nothing there and I figured there was nothing there, I have been paying close attention and beleive it is caused by something related to the 4x4 from the transfer case to the front cv joints or somewhere in that field. And maybe I'm very wrong but it's the only thing that makes sense to me so far. BUT THE TRUCK IS AWSUM
Interesting theory....that might make sense. Especially feeling it so much through the steering wheel.

I called my dealer to make an appointment today to get the missing hoodlamp and glovebox lamp installed on my Sport which they previous agreed upon, and ordered my parts. The dealer I bought the truck from was installing them free of charge despite saying my VIN doesn't call for the missing parts from my luxury light package. Kudos to the dealer...that's customer service.

Told them I wanted the Techs to check out this vibration I'm having at highway speeds. Without hesitation he asks... "You got 20's? I said yeah...why....he said it's the tires. " He said "We'll RoadForce balance them for you...bring it in...not a problem." I didn't have the heart to tell him a dealer closer to me already did that when I did the first oil change. Gonna be bringing my receipt from the other dealer which is just down the street from me just in case. The Road Force did help a little, but that's because they were out of balance.

I'll be pushing for a new set of replacement tires as Chrysler's expense next if they truly feel it's the tires. Maybe even get a set of AT type tires instead of these HP's. Some folks like this HP's, I hate these Badyears tires. I've had issues with sets right off the rack when I've bought replacement tires years ago, as well as other new vehicles that came with them. Maybe that's why GM installed Bridgestones from the factory on there 1/2 tons pickups.

Let's see...new Chevy Tahoe with 20's....Bridgestone. New Cadillac Escalade...Bridgestones. My wife's grocery getting Traverse with 20's...Bridgestone. Sticker on all of these vehicles 45k-60k.....Does GM know something Chrysler doesn't? Spend a couple bucks more for a quality tire, and save a sh*t load of money rather than having a pissed off customer....rhetorical question of course.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:15
Kdubag is on a distinguished road

After I got my new to me 2010 Ram last year, I noticed the same thing. I saw A LOT of people had the same situation and got the same answers from the dealership. One of the things I did to the Ram was added a CST lift on it. 4 inch spindles on the front and 1.5 spacer on the back. Funny thing I noticed after doing that, the gas pedal vibration was pretty much gone.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Color: Tan
nicks2010ram is on a distinguished road

I just bought my first truck 2 weeks ago it's a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab with 5k on it. I found this thread interesting with the issues people are having, Before I bought my truck I read the car fax and it reported that 4 tires (20s) were mounted and balanced, a new solenoid for the transmission and outer tie rod ends replace. I have none of these issues what I have read on this thread perhaps this was the problem in the past and now are fix. I Love This Truck Already.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Color: Tan
nicks2010ram is on a distinguished road

Just another quick question, does my truck come with this ECO thing or MDS mode thing I have no clue and didn't read it in the manual.
Thanks for the help.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^yes your truck has MDS

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
gcgrimes is on a distinguished road

Hello all.
I am also having the vibration through the gas pedal. After reading many forums, I am convinced there are three types of vibrations different folks are getting through the gas pedal. First, some people feel the road vibration through the tires. Second, some people are getting a vibration/shimmy when at low RPM and the truck is in MDS mode and trying to switch from four cylinder to eight cylinder. I get both of those and those don’t bother me at all, I believe they are quite normal. The third vibration is when the engine hits about 2000 RPM’s it causes a vibration through the pedal and steering wheel that feels like an electric shaver. That third vibration is making me absolutely hate my new 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn when I drive it on the freeway, because it cruises right at 2000 RPM, the range where the vibration occurs. I have had the truck to the dealer a number of times and they say they can’t feel it. Funny, because the Ken Towery mechanics and my friends can all feel it and say it isn’t “normal”. I have also owned a Jeep Truck, a Ford F-150, and Chevrolet Blazer, and numerous other cars and have never had this happen. I have read many Dodge forums and have not yet seen anybody that has a real solution or received a real solution from Dodge/Ram. If you are having the third issue, vibration through the gas pedal at certain RPM’s, give me an e-mail at gcgrimes@insightbb.com. If I can get enough people having the same problem, maybe we can force the dealer/manufacturer to deal with it. Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Jonzee is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the Gas Pedal Vibe too. 2012 Dodge Ram 4X4 1500 Crew Cab Sport model. Love the truck but friggen hate the pedal vibrating. No issue with the steering wheel vibrating.