DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Forum Polls!

Notices

Dodge Ram Forum Polls! Get Your Vote On!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of a mileage tax ?
Yes 2 20.00%
No 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2015, 01:25 AM
WATASHA OUTLAW

Vehicle: '14 RAM 1500 R.Cab 4X4 Shorty
Trim Level: TRADESMAN
Color: FLAME RED
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:160
Desert Ram has a spectacular aura aboutDesert Ram has a spectacular aura about
Default Mileage-based road tax

Same old Dog & Pony show *

* No offense to any Dogs or Ponies

Last edited by Desert Ram; 07-05-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2015, 03:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500/2016 Ram
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl/Delmonico Red pearl
Rep:2705
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have not heard of a road mileage tax except for trucks over 1 ton, but mostly on semi trucks
Truckers that need to pull into the truck scale houses & show their papers
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) , 3.55 differential, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau, Line_X, DEBO Step, Mag-Hytec

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel undergoing Mods G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover
Old 07-05-2015, 05:53 AM
I do it because I can!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4X4 CC
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2968
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

This would inevitably make every road a toll road. No thanks! It's already hard enough to avoid all the toll we have here in Dallas as it is.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:35 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500/2016 Ram
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl/Delmonico Red pearl
Rep:2705
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I-44 in Oklahoma drives me up a tree
You leave out of Joplin Mo. on the 44 & hit a Oklahoma toll booth $4.00 please
drive down the highway a bit more & hit construction & drive something like 1/2 way across the state , single file at about 40 miles per hour, if you are lucky. Finally the highway opens up to using all lanes in Oklahoma City on Interstate 40 & you get settled in & hit another $4.00 toll booth & you return right back into a single lane construction zone WTF !!

Paying $ 8.00 to cross a State at 40 MPH if your lucky is enough to drive a person postal

The last time i drove through Joplin, i paid the toll, & jumped on Highway 69 down through Muskogee & down into the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. That road was 80 MPH & scenic
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) , 3.55 differential, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau, Line_X, DEBO Step, Mag-Hytec

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel undergoing Mods G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover
Old 07-05-2015, 06:38 AM
I do it because I can!

RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Except for all the small towns you have to go through on 69/75. And if you don't get the binders on quick enough, the cops will pull you over for a counseling session.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:41 AM
WATASHA OUTLAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I have not heard of a road mileage tax except for trucks over 1 ton, but mostly on semi trucks
Truckers that need to pull into the truck scale houses & show their papers
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ased-road-tax/
Old 07-05-2015, 12:58 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:616
Thunderhorse is a name known to allThunderhorse is a name known to allThunderhorse is a name known to allThunderhorse is a name known to allThunderhorse is a name known to allThunderhorse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I-44 in Oklahoma drives me up a tree
You leave out of Joplin Mo. on the 44 & hit a Oklahoma toll booth $4.00 please
drive down the highway a bit more & hit construction & drive something like 1/2 way across the state , single file at about 40 miles per hour, if you are lucky. Finally the highway opens up to using all lanes in Oklahoma City on Interstate 40 & you get settled in & hit another $4.00 toll booth & you return right back into a single lane construction zone WTF !!

Paying $ 8.00 to cross a State at 40 MPH if your lucky is enough to drive a person postal

The last time i drove through Joplin, i paid the toll, & jumped on Highway 69 down through Muskogee & down into the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. That road was 80 MPH & scenic
Well 69 is scenic (especially in the Eufala area), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Except for all the small towns you have to go through on 69/75. And if you don't get the binders on quick enough, the cops will pull you over for a counseling session.
This is exactly it.

My grandma lives in Miami (OK) so coming up from Texas I could either take 35 to OKC and get on 44 or get on 69 on the North side of Dallas. I almost always choose to take 44 because even though its a longer distance it takes the same amount of time and all the stops on 69 make me one angry driver. Plus the de facto speed limit on 44 is realistically like 85, and even then you'll get passed.

FWIW GT, the last time I drove on 44 was in March and April of 2014. I used to frequent it between 2011 and 2013 (had a GF who lived in Tulsa and we went to OU), but the construction never slowed me down.

Back to the original topic, a mileage tax is a terrible idea and wouldn't solve the root problem of poor financial management on the government's part. Like Roger said (he's making a lot of great points today) it would effectively make every road a toll road, and on top of that you can bet that existing tolls wouldn't be going away so we would effectively be getting double dipped on taxes. And really when you think about it, taxes on gas are already a mileage tax, so we would be getting taxed 3x for one thing.

Its absurd, where does it end?

Maybe some people wouldn't care because they don't drive a lot, but what about people like GTYankee whose livelihood depends on driving? Hell, I have over 36,200 miles on my truck in barely over 2 years. Just another kick to the balls from Uncle Sam.

Thunderhorse-Built: 25 Feb 2013 Warren, Michigan; Bought: 28 May 2013
Huskyliner Weatherbeaters, door edge guards, Line-X bedliner, Kryptek Typhon Cordura seat covers w/ MOLLE panels (review), Console Vault (install/review), Bilstein 4600s (thread), BFG T/A KO2 LT275/60/20s (thread), Matte black Plasti-dipped center console bezel, BT catch can, Corsa 14405 cat back (video) Tuftruck 1223V progressive rear coils.

Last edited by Thunderhorse; 07-05-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:18 PM
I do it because I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
Like Roger said (he's making a lot of great points today)...
Thanks for the props, Blaise! I have my moments.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:78
RayK will become famous soon enough

Police are running seat belt checks this weekend with FED money. Overtime.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:30 PM
WATASHA OUTLAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
poor financial management on the government's part.

Bingo ! and the sad part is just how consistent across the board they are !

If I ran my business like this I'd be out of business