DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 97 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:55
Ram15002ndgen will become famous soon enough

If I understand correctly the hose is too small for the fitting? What I do is take a pair of large needle nose pliers or any cone shaped device you have handy. Shove that in to the hose as hard and as far as you can and let sit for a day or so. Heat it up a little and shove in harder and farther. This was you spread the opening a bit and when you are ready to install you jank it out and slip it over the opening you need it to go onto. You may also try to slip on a little oil on the inner part of the hose so it will slide on more easily.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
I ordered a BT Catch Can and the braided lines. Can anyone give me the secret to installing the braided line on the PVC valve and the Throttle Body. The braided line fits the fittings on the catch can perfectly however the lines appear to be too small for the PVC and Throttle body. I've tried grease, putting the ends in boiling water, pushing, pulling, twisting ,cussing, bleeding, etc etc-----all with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jay
Had the same problem see thread http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....350#post348350. I also did the needle nose plier trick stretching the hose. Only got them on 80% -90% of the way on. Have had no problem with them coming off.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram quadcab
Trim Level: slt,big horn,bucket
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
vided is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you want a before picture, go out and open the hood of your truck and if you don't have a catch can, that is the before picture. If I don't get this figured out it might also be the after picture.
Jay

mikey likes it!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

dgard-I saw your thread before and was using it as a go-by(Thanks for the step by step explaination) so I knew I was going to have a little trouble but hell-----I've got two needle nose plyers stuck in the end of the hoses now and I'll wait till later today and try it again. Did you use the small billet covers on the ends of the hose for the PCV and the throttle body or did you put a small screww clamp on the hoses once you got them on--or almost on? I thought a clamp might work and you couldn't see it anyway because it would be covered by the engine cover.
Jay
Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
dgard-I saw your thread before and was using it as a go-by(Thanks for the step by step explaination) so I knew I was going to have a little trouble but hell-----I've got two needle nose plyers stuck in the end of the hoses now and I'll wait till later today and try it again. Did you use the small billet covers on the ends of the hose for the PCV and the throttle body or did you put a small screww clamp on the hoses once you got them on--or almost on? I thought a clamp might work and you couldn't see it anyway because it would be covered by the engine cover.
Jay
Glad I could help with the write up. I used the billet covers. As I mentioned only got them on about 80 - 90% of the way. It was a real B**ch to get them on that far. When it get's a little warmer here i'm thinking of cutting the original tubing, heating the ends and flaring them somewhat.Then reinstalling the braided hoses on the ends of the original tube. Good Luck!
I actually checked mine in Feb. They haven't moved.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover

Last edited by dgard61; 03-09-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Extra Info