DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge ram 1500
Color: Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
fastram1500 is on a distinguished road
Default lifting my truck want it done right?

alright so here is the deal
i want to fit 37's under my 99 dodge ram 1500,
i have 2008 ram factory 20's on it right now and would like the keep the rims but im not sure if they will work with 37's.
also 5 inch lift should be enough to fit 37's under right?
if you guys have any suggestions on what is a good reliable road worthy lift or if i should build my own.
i have had good luck with rough country and pro comp lifts on jeeps but they never see highway and my truck will.
thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2993.jpg (136.4 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
erm

A superlift kit is what you are looking for. Quality built and very road worthy.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Yes your factory rims will work you will need wheel spacers so your tires wont hit your control arms.Here is a 5" BDS lift for your truck and i can get you a really good deal on one with stabilizers.If you don't want that one i can get you any lift you want for a great price.I have the BDS 6" kit and I love it!! I also have 37" tires too on 20x10 rims with a - 18 offset which stick them out.Don't think 37" tires will fit under a 5" lift though. Hope this helps.

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...3&yr=1994-1999

Last edited by BigHorn 4 Life; 03-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Yea I dont know but I have heard bad things about Rough Country, never had personal experience. I have the agree with Maddog Skyjacker makes very good quality lift kits. The only problem with the stock rims is they are a 9" wide rim. If you go 37 you would have to go with a maximum of 13". You should really check out the specs of the tires and see what the minimum rim size is. If you go more your going to have bulging tires and they may not be that reliable.

Fitment wise I dont know if the 37s will fit. I know on a 3rd gen you need like a 7-8" lift to fit 37s comfortably. You can squeeze them in on a 6" lift though. I would say after the lift kit go with the 37s, if they do not fit then you can always get a body lift to add on to the trucks height. You definitely will need wheel spacers with the stock rims since your going to have wide tires that will be bulging. I think you'll need to look in the area of a 1" spacer......but really you can put them on and see how much more clearance your going to need.

Yea looking at Big Horn 4 Life he is right, BDS makes really good kits. He is the guy to talk to since he can get you a good deal on a lift kit. You will definitely want to get the stabilizers as well to help control the beast.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights