DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough
Default Need Advice/Help

I've had my truck in 3-4 times for squeaks and creaks while under waranty with no resolutions. They have replaced the sway bar bushings, both tie rods, and lubed other parts and it just keeps on doing it. I took it in last week because my buddy that did the Bilstein install found that the lower control arm bushing was spinning in the hole and seized to the bolt. That is the same area the noise has been coming from. The dealer said last week they took it apart and found nothing. Well I took it in again last night and told the advisor this morning that I marked the areas last week and nothing was taken apart. He tells me today that they did a visual inspection only last week, thats why the marks were in the same position. I call bullshit because they said that they had it apart last week. He tells me since its out of warranty by a month that it will be $95.00 for a tech to give estimate. I said why should I pay a fee when they have repeatedly failed to fix the same issue while it was under warranty. All he could say was he will have the service manager take the tech for a ride, then get back to me. I did tell him that if they don't resolve this I am taking it to a dedicated suspension shop, and if the issue is found I will take my service history, and the independant shops results to the local news investigators for consumer complaints. There was silence and then he said that he will talk to the manager. I know there is a number at Chrysler to call for unresolved warranty issues. Does anyone have it off hand? Sorry about the long rant but I am ready to flipping explode on them and want to do this the calm way lol!

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Hold the phone, Bones. Call Chrysler on this one. Since the complaint was documented and not repaired while the truck was under warranty, it's my understanding that they are obligated to fix it as a warranty repair.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm hoping they take me serious this time, I've been through the lemon law process with gm before and I did come out on top. I have no problem doing it again and this time I will include the media on it. I haven't heard a thing since 8am, so I'm hoping they finally decided to take it apart for "real" this time. It's crazy because in one breath they say that they hear the obvious noise, but they cannot tell where it is from. The obvious thing to do would be start at the points that have bushings and examine them and or replace them. They just hope that you will get tired of coming in and let it go. They don't realize that I am a stubborn bastard that will get what is rightfully owed to me.

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels
Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I can't say I blame you but at the same time, I know what it's like to chase down noises like that. It can be maddening to say the least.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:04 PM

I cant even imagine how frustrated techs get trying to find a noise lol. But just imagine how the consumer feels when they paid over 40 grand and can't enjoy what they paid for. I think if the advisors/mgrs would give the techs authority to actually do a proper diagnosis then issues would get solved more often. I think the guys holding the wrench are between a rock and a dumbass lol!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 PM

It's really not a matter of authority. Sometimes the guy looking at your truck IS a dumbass (or lazy). Other times, it's just a lack of training or proper diagnostic tools. Once in a while, the noise is just a bitch to find.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 PM

I finally got a response from them right at close time. The part is on order and hopefully this will fix it this time. My next question is on the invoice it says that I accepted the estimate of $120.00+tax. I never accepted this or was told that their was a charge to me. I specifically told them I am not paying a dime since it was a reoccuring issue from when it was covered. Now am I reading this correctly or am I missing something. I plan on calling them in the morning to find out, but want to know now so I can sleep better tonight lol. When I picked it up they were already closed and locked the keys in the truck for me.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Just got off the phone and apparently Chrysler is going to do a "goodwill" repair and eat the cost of the parts and labor. Now I feel much better and my confidence in Chrysler is back, now the dealership can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned lol! I can't wait till I get the surveys on my experience with them...