DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodoge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 truck
Color: deep water blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
erone is on a distinguished road
Default Check Engine Light was on for the pass month

Ok so here it is I have not complained about it but here it goes don't know if its good or bad..
After signing papers and all that fun stuff me a the seller went to put gas on the truck he started the truck the check engine came on, this was after service Dept. was close, so they just say drive it by service dept. the next day, so I did and service Dept. said they needed it all day so got a rental, got the call that evening got there they did a recall and some other check and they said there was a part to be other, in a week got the call the part is in, so took the truck in got a rental they called me that evening and said we needed it another day there was another part they need and that they did not have it so I left it there next day got the called in the evening that the truck is ready, Got the truck back with no check engine light.
So went to the store maybe 4 miles down after the dealer, when I started the truck up again guess what's back on the check eng. light so called dealer and they said they where going to send a letter to Chrysler and to come by the next morning so they get a code which I did.
Now the Service rep that has been helping me was going on a 5 day vacation So I would not know anything until them, he came back the next week, I called him and he said their computers where down that he would call me, the next day mid day I called since I haven't heard anything, guess what he had to resend the paperwork because Chrysler did not get it this was last Thursday, its been a month after I got the truck with the same problem, the light will stay on 90% of the time.
Frid. called Chrysler to get answers that I have this unsolved problem, on Sunday morning the check engine didn't come on after I started it and has not came on for the pass 2 days and up to this point I have not got a called from the service department, I mean come on, but I did get a call back from Chrysler and they say that the service department don't know anything about my issue?? What I told them brought in the truck like 4 times for the same thing, but the light is not on right now so I don't know what the issue is.
And the weird thing is that when the check engine light is on my ECO light doesn't come on only when the light is off.
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I'm sorry you're having such issues with your new truck. I know it would drive me crazy.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in here soon. It sounds to me like the service department is giving you the run around. I'm assuming that you have the paperwork for when you brought your truck in. I'd recommend taking that paperwork, along with the truck to another dealership, and see what they can do. Even if the light is currently off, the code should be stored that triggered it.

Hope you get things worked out

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I agree that a visit to another dealer is in order. And I'm sorry to hear you're getting such a run around from the dealership.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Sending a letter to Chrysler? Something's fishy about that whole deal. They can call Chrysler directly.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodoge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 truck
Color: deep water blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
erone is on a distinguished road

Well called today and the service rep. said to bring in tomorrow and leave it they are going to check the electrical, will see what happens
Old 03-16-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:25
Maddevill is on a distinguished road

Make sure your gas cap is on straight and tight. (Don't ask me how I know...)
Old 03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn 4X4
Color: Bright Silver metallic
Rep:11
OkieU is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you've been getting the run-around. I read once that if a heavier weight oil than the 5w-20 is used in the engine it could cause the MDS (ECO) to not work properly. Not sure if that would cause a check engine light or not. Sounds electrical but just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
erm

Wow...that's quite the saga. Hope they get you fixed up this time!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Any chance you could get someone other than the dealer to scan for codes. With the code(s) you would have a better idea of what is going on before the dealer tells you. You could also post it on here for some suggestions on what may be wrong. Just an idea.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram reg cab 4x4
Trim Level: trx4
Color: white
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
jerry donihoo is on a distinguished road

hope they figure it out for you,ive had a bad cd trigger my check light once