DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
HUH? That graph posted above does not show anything near +100HP gain ?
Dashed lines are Torque, Solid Lines are HP. Blue before tune, Green after tune

That's what he said, but looking at the graph he went from 60whp to 130whp. That's still 70whp gain at 2500/2600rpm.

Torque went from 100ft-pd of torque at wheel to 240ft-pd of torque at the wheel.

If you convert it at the crank, that close to 100hp gain. It's not peak gain, but it still gain.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
That's what I was thinking blackramhemi ^^

And that's a dyno tune.

It's not a dyno tune. Read is post, you'll see.

He did a baseline run without tuner and after that he loaded the canned tune and did a run. No CMR tune here.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I certainly wouldn't say it's negligible...

There are two ways to increase acceleration, both are by increasing torque:
1) Increase the torque output (more torque....the vertical axis)
2) Increase the duration the torque is output (apply the torque for more time....horizontal axis)

The taller, AND wider the torque curve, the faster you will accelerate. The goal is more area under the torque curve, whether it be a taller curve, or wider. Although same torque at a higher rpm is better because it gives more hp...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
I dont know if it was Dyno Tune, probably just a run...but That Graph reads about a 10 HP Gain, maybe 15 ft.lb Torque Gain,
which is totally on par for a tuner on a 5.7L Hemi with basic intake/exhaust

There's No Way you get +100 HP increase without forced induction or N20 on a Stock Hemi Ram, sorry guys.

I never said peak gain.

Look at the gain close to 2500rpm.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I didn't know if it was a dyno tune or not. That's pretty good for a canned tune. It looks realistically like roughly 60hp max gain, and 140tq max gain give or take. And at low rpm, that's desirable.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

MADDOG's Dyno sheet clearly shows a maximum HP increase to about 10hp and a maximum torque increase of about 20Lb/ft.

It also clearly shows that both HP and torque benefited immensely in the pre-3000rpm range, which would really show up in daily driving as measured with the butt dyno.

IMO - Very impressive for nothing more that a few lines of computer code.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 08-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
MADDOG's Dyno sheet clearly shows a maximum HP increase to about 10hp and a maximum torque increase of about 20Lb/ft.
That's not a max gain that's a peak gain...

Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Congrats on your kills BRHemi, sweet truck! But what's up with your dyno numbers, Stock number I have seen are 323 hp. Is it the elevation or different type of dyno? The numbers don't make sense, especially with a tune. I'm not questioning the performance, just the dyno numbers...I beleive something you have is working against you with all the mods you have. Please understand, I think your times and kills are awesome...I'm just confused. Again, congats...love the kills!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:535
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

The elevation is 2300' here, but not sure thats' a factor or not, i think the dyno corrects for that.
The Temps were around 82F and the humidity was up too, DA at the local Track that night was rated at around 4000' according to Drag Times.

Oh, I definitely need a custom tune from my Dyno guy, who is also a Certified Diablo Dealer/CMR tuner.
I'm just waiting for my new Headers to arrive first. He said the Dyno is only really a tool for measuring before/after mod's
... not to compare with others dyno #'s from across the continent on a different machine.

That Dyno run was also right after I installed my new Edge 3000 Stall Torque Converter and he was paddling the throttle
to try to keep it from kicking down from 3rd gear into 2nd prime (common issue with 4G's).

He ended up just doing the pull in 4th gear, hitting over 130 mph on the speedo LOL!

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-18-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Austin Tan Pearl &Lt. Graystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
theweavman is on a distinguished road

I think you may find that engines with twin turbos, require more frequent oil changes, can get very expensive to repair, and run hotter....any six has to work harder to try and match a larger cu in V/8...... I rather have a large V/8 that is running easy than any smaller engine that is working hard...to obtain the same result.....but I'm an old school kinda guy...there is nothing new here, Buick had a Grand National model in the late 60's, that ran a turbo V/6, and it blew the doors off everything back then, even a Corvette.....

Last edited by theweavman; 08-18-2011 at 05:27 PM.