DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew white
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Focalforge is on a distinguished road

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging the rams, I Have one! Frankly, this truck is the first Vehicle i've ever fallen in love with. It's the first time since I was a teenager that I've searched for excuses to go drive it. IE, oh, the bird needs a cracker... I'll be right back, going to the store!!

as far as performance is concerned the Ford is better, but like many people have touched on, I'm curious what the long term longevity will be compared to our larger, easier worked hemi's. Ford put equivilant to almost 200,000 miles on the eco boost engine then found that it was still well within spec. But in modern vehicles, 200,000 miles isn't significant. Also, puting 20 years of grime and corrosion on an engine can drasticly change the outcome, especially when you consider that their twin 100,000 rpm turbos have an unfiltered path to the internals of the engine. Anyone here see what happens when a turbo blows up? see what happens to the engine it's tied to? I have... and it's not something I want near an engine on a vehicle I plan on keeping forever. I purchased the unlimited milage and time warantee and I plan on using it. I'm done replacing my $40k truck every couple years, and that's why I bought a RAM.

FF
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

200k would be very significant for my clunker. Going on 8 years (118k) with this vehicle and she is not going anywhere soon.

Sorry for treading on 4G territory.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 08-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:124
js1977 will become famous soon enoughjs1977 will become famous soon enough

Maybe I'm just narrow minded, but I think I perfer a truck that not only performs well (which the ram does) but sounds like it as well... Hemi, does both.... ECO Boost... well it performs well... You keep your ECO Boost, I'll keep my dignity....
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew white
Rep:27
Focalforge is on a distinguished road

I like that... "you keep your ECO Boost, I'll keep my dignity..."
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweavman View Post
I think you may find that engines with twin turbos, require more frequent oil changes, can get very expensive to repair, and run hotter....any six has to work harder to try and match a larger cu in V/8...... I rather have a large V/8 that is running easy than any smaller engine that is working hard...to obtain the same result.....but I'm an old school kinda guy...there is nothing new here, Buick had a Grand National model in the late 60's, that ran a turbo V/6, and it blew the doors off everything back then, even a Corvette.....
What gets me is thes furd lovers think that a natrually aspirated V8 is suppose to beat a twin turbo 6 banger. It's only about a ten grand addition to do this build and they act as if it's fair to compare it to the less expensive hemi. There's nothing new here except for the turbo itself but the credit goes to the after market Honeywell turbo, not furd. And the whole floorboard is wrapped in a 3000 degree protecive heat sheild. I'd like to see how long that will last before it starts barbecuing everyones feet. And they say that there's no extra heat under the hood...let them tell it, lol!
http://youtu.be/rOHRZGs44Ok

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 08-18-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: blew out the flames, lol!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Suscipio Non Fundo

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport QC
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:10
Harmicky is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

The immaturity on this thread has been astounding. I was not only amazed to see some of the posts, but also to see the multiple warnings from mods go ignored and never backed up.

Surprising overall.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahDickinson View Post
The immaturity on this thread has been astounding. I was not only amazed to see some of the posts, but also to see the multiple warnings from mods go ignored and never backed up.

Surprising overall.
My bad dude...would you like me to erase the video too?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

No joke. I always owned fords. I love my 2011 ram laramie cc with 392. The Eco boost engine is very impressive. But it's still a V6. Revs like a V6. sounds like a V6. And you cannot change nothing without voiding the warranty. Or so I'm told. But it's impressive as hell to see the numbers they are getting. When I priced out a new ford, they were not selling the Eco boost in any High end ford trucks. Only the 6.2 why? I was told that the truck gets to heavy for the engine. And it was making the numbers drop a lot. So I looked at the ram and the cab is bigger. The truck looks tougher. It's just a better all around truck. Keep in mind I drive an 09 f150 for work and hate it.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
So I looked at the ram and the cab is bigger.
I really noticed this after I bought my ram, and was comfortable in it, then rode in my bosses F150 and it was cramped. Not a comfortable interior. I can stretch my legs all the way out in my ram, and I'm 6'4".

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoo Dad View Post
I don't need so much justifications as to why I decided to buy my RAM vs the Ecoboost I almost ordered: I don't care loosing 1000 lbs towing, 300 lbs payload and being 20 feet behind drag racing ! At the end of the day, I feel rested after a long ride, I love the ergonomics and I can have a beer looking at my truck and feel this is still the best looking half ton truck bar none on the market !!! I don't need more !

Cheers !!!

Don't try... It's because of me you bought a Ram hahaha