DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Uhm..... Read the thread's title.
My favorite comment in the whole thread lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I really noticed this after I bought my ram, and was comfortable in it, then rode in my bosses F150 and it was cramped. Not a comfortable interior. I can stretch my legs all the way out in my ram, and I'm 6'4".

Thats funny, they were dogging on the ram in the video I posted earlier about the trailer pulling. Nothing but bad things to say about roominess. I think the ram was MUCH bigger inside than the F-150's I looked at.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Thats funny, they were dogging on the ram in the video I posted earlier about the trailer pulling. Nothing but bad things to say about roominess. I think the ram was MUCH bigger inside than the F-150's I looked at.

Crewcab vs. Crewcab

The Ram have more room in the front seat, but the back seat is where the F150 shine. A lot more legroom in the F150, but the seat is to low, making it inconfortable. The Ram may have less legroom, but the seat is higher and more confortable.

I have a 2011 Ram crewcab and my mom have a 2009 F150 crewcab. So i have to chance to compare them a lot.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

The title of this thread is Hemi vs F150 Ecoboost going on to say that the Ecoboost destroys the Hemi...not the Ram, the Hemi! There are people who are so jealous that they will say or do anything to discredit and belittle the Hemi. Why...because the Hemi is the fastest and quickest 1320/1/4 and 1000/1/4 quarter mile piston/rotary engined car on the planet. So they all use the Hemi to compare their product as is done in this thread...that's what the Title of this thread is about. And alacy, I protected families your parents age when I was in the MC. Is this kind of respect that I deserve...to accuse me of supporting the terrorist that put a bullet in your leg and downed your fellow comrades? Last I checked I purchase my gas in my comunity and in the USA. I live in Louisiana where most of our gas is produced and where most of the industries plants are (Sulphur Industries). Where I worked on rigs and ships that supply oil and gas only to come home covered in black oil or sand. I earned my right to purchase gas and I pay US taxes on it. I can't help it that our government sends us out to fight other countries wars. And I can't help it if the US government purchases gas from other countries when we have so much potential here to tap. I'm a contractor and I use my truck with 29k miles on it for work. So much that I have to use LT E rated tires for my heavy work loads and trailering. But I can still play with it just like most people do here on this forum. I paid my dues to my country, I don't have much but everything I have has been bought and paid for. And btw...I have one truck to supply gas for, how many vehicles did you say you have? From the sound of it, I guarantee that you purchase more gas than I do to supply your toys. That makes you out to be a hypocrite in your own words. As for bragging about the bullet in your leg, and downed comrades, give yourself a purple heart for your war stories. I have some of my own but I don't need any sympathy from you. As for my driving habbits, my oldest son Patrick was killed by a drunk driver in 1994 at 22 yrs old, I was 17 when he was born. Wait until you get to be my age where everyone you knew and grew up with is slowly dying all around you taking a peice of you every time. I still have little Robert, Jason and Jerry, and big Robert (that's right, two Roberts) to thank God for. You need to learn some manners, but it is evident that it won't be soon. If you can disrespect your wife by bringing her into this, than I can't see you ever respecting your elders. You claim that you are a Marine yet you have no motto, what happened to Semper Fi? Evidently you have no respect for your fellow servicemen either or do you? If you want to debate the Hemi Ram vs the F150 Ecoboost, I'm game. You don't need to look for sympathy from your war stories to add strength to this debate. In my time of war we were heckled, in your time you're all heroes. You should be happy and savor the moment.~S~
Old 08-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew white
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Focalforge is on a distinguished road

Well said RadioFlyer
Old 08-20-2011, 03:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Chariot View Post
Amazing Video FF.

Good post alacey, (the big one) keep us posted on the EB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalforge View Post
You have to compare trim levels to trim levels. I speced out an F150 today and compared options to options. With an Eco boost engine the F150 MSRP came in 1k under my trucks MSRP, but was missing my heated steering wheel, sport hood and factory spray in bedliner. However, if you include the current Dodge insentives, the Dodge comes in almost 4 k under before taking the ford to an aftermarket shop to have the above missing options added.

Overall, all of the big 3's half ton trucks are priced similarly. I still think the Dodge has better fit and finish, and available extended warantee's.

Oh, to answer the fuel economy issue. For a few hundred dollars, you can change a few non warantee voiding items and get almost 5mpg better fuel economy. I had a high flow muffler, Flowmaster 44, welded in, Changed my engine and rear diff oil's to royal purple and installed an Airaid CAI. According to my computer, i'm getting ~18mpg in city driving, where I was getting 14, and 24 on the highway @ 60mph, compared to the 19 I was getting before.

So, including current insentives, and less than $600 in aftermarket parts, I have fuel economy in my ram that is better than the eco boost plus I have a cooler truck that sounds better and looks better, and best of all, I paid less for it than the Ford.

FF
My friend's Ford is an FX4.
I had an 08 FX4 before this Ram.
I don't find his to be much better equipped than mine other than a sunroof and leather.
When I was looking into a new truck a few months ago,I was fairly certain I was going to get a new Ford.
At that time, the dealer was trying to steer me away from the EcoBoost.
He said the new 5L V8 would be a better choice.
I had purchased my last 6 vehicles from him and trust his opinion and knowledge.
I felt kind of bad to go with a Ram, but sometimes change is for the better.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Trim Level: Longhorn
Rep:10
mytruck is on a distinguished road

I will enter here.

I just bought my new 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn in June.

I almost bought the Ford F150 Platinum or King Ranch with Ecoboost. I really like the ecoboost engine. It has tremendous power and you can really feel the torque when you WOT the truck.

That being said, I was looking for more than an engine. I was looking for the full package. I looked at and drove the GMC, Chevy, Nissan, and Ford. While the Nissan had great power, its fuel economy sucked so it was out. Then I drove the Ford and fell in love with the Ecoboost engine. And I looked at the GMC and Chevy which came with a great engine as well listing 21 MPG. I liked them but hated the interior - too plain unless you get the Denali which no one had equipped like I wanted within 200 miles of me. Finally I drove the Dodge. Power was good but WOW, the interior was much nicer than any other.

I came down to the Ford with Ecoboost or the Dodge with Hemi. I went and drove the Ford again, again very much liking the Ecoboost. But, the interior on the King Ranch looked cheap to me. And, the new Platinum had pieces falling off of it at the dealership.

Back to the Dodge Dealer. Drove the Hemi with its uncompromising power and again confirmed that the Dodge Interior and exterior provided the full package of a truck that I wanted. So, I bought the Dodge - first time Dodge Truck owner! (owned Fords before)

Would 2 mpg make a difference to me if I drive 20,000 per year? about $352 per year.
I paid about 41,000 for a 52,000 MSRP truck. If it was an identical MSRP priced Ford it would have cost me 46,000. That 5,000 difference equals $1,000 per year or $648 more for the Ford.

I got a better warranty, and in my opinion, a better full-package in a truck. We don't just buy an engine.

If it was just an engine, the ecoboost has more HP and Torque at a much lower RPM so I would have bought the ecoboost.

As a full package, Dodge wins 100%.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

I've been watching this thread for some time now, and the direction its gone is crazy. This forum is a friendly place for people to get help, information, and just talk to like minded people about something we all love and that is Ram trucks. You can have your opinions, it is your right to. But can we please keep it friendly. And in keeping things friendly, when you post something keep in mind you have no idea (unless you personally know someone in this forum) where any one here comes from, or what they've done or are doing. That being said I served 18 months out in the desert and also received a purple heart. And never once have I went to the gas station to fill up and thought to myself. Oh man here I go funding terrorism again. So please don't ever say that to someone because they drive a Hemi vs an EcoBoost that they are supporting terrorists. I probably get the worst gas mileage here and would take offense to that. Now I drive my Dodge, love my Dodge and love coming here to talk about my Dodge with the friends that I have made here. If you aren't here for those same reasons than its probably a good idea to move on to the next forum. I like to think of the Z as a good quality forum and it is, and I know everyone who is a true member intends to keep it that way. So if you are just here to stir the pot on topics and fight and argue with someone over what motor you think is better please leave or private message the person whom you want to argue with and please keep it out of our forum.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac2109 View Post
I've been watching this thread for some time now, and the direction its gone is crazy. This forum is a friendly place for people to get help, information, and just talk to like minded people about something we all love and that is Ram trucks. You can have your opinions, it is your right to. But can we please keep it friendly. And in keeping things friendly, when you post something keep in mind you have no idea (unless you personally know someone in this forum) where any one here comes from, or what they've done or are doing. That being said I served 18 months out in the desert and also received a purple heart. And never once have I went to the gas station to fill up and thought to myself. Oh man here I go funding terrorism again. So please don't ever say that to someone because they drive a Hemi vs an EcoBoost that they are supporting terrorists. I probably get the worst gas mileage here and would take offense to that. Now I drive my Dodge, love my Dodge and love coming here to talk about my Dodge with the friends that I have made here. If you aren't here for those same reasons than its probably a good idea to move on to the next forum. I like to think of the Z as a good quality forum and it is, and I know everyone who is a true member intends to keep it that way. So if you are just here to stir the pot on topics and fight and argue with someone over what motor you think is better please leave or private message the person whom you want to argue with and please keep it out of our forum.

Agree with you 100%. Keep your rude comments private