DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 F150
Rep:10
alacey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac2109 View Post
I probably get the worst gas mileage here and would take offense to that. Now I drive my Dodge, love my Dodge and love coming here to talk about my Dodge with the friends that I have made here. If you aren't here for those same reasons than its probably a good idea to move on to the next forum. I like to think of the Z as a good quality forum and it is, and I know everyone who is a true member intends to keep it that way. So if you are just here to stir the pot on topics and fight and argue with someone over what motor you think is better please leave or private message the person whom you want to argue with and please keep it out of our forum.

You are right Sir, and I apologize for my comment. My personal opinion on anything other then the threads topic does not belong here. I fell into the flamers trap of retaliating after being called a teen who lives in his mothers basement, and other comments. That is my fualt I will not go off topic again.

However, I do not agree with on the later portion of your post. This thread is named "Hemi Vs F150 Ecoboost", not the "Lets everyone agree that the Hemi is better then the Ecoboost and if anyone post factual numbers to dispute it , then flame them" thread. If this thread was named Hemi vs 5.4 or 5.0, then I would have to agree with everyone that the Hemi is far superior and it has factual data to back it up. I can't agree with everyone when it comes to the Eco, atleast not this year. That is how competition works. It would suck for everyone if the big 3 did not compete with each other. Then we would all be driving the same truck with the same power. That is why Dodge stepped up the power on the Hemi in 09 to compete with the Yota 5.7. Now they have to go back to the drawing board to get even more power and better mpg. I don't know why anyone is complaining about the Eco's numbers here, it will only be a plus for you a few years down the road. So two years from now, you will be able to get a Hemi with more power, and better MPG. Then you will be happy as hell that the Eco came out, but until then, the Eco puts out better numbers on the pavement, in towing, and in MPG.

Last edited by alacey; 08-21-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it civil and on topic. Rude and inflammatory posts are not tolerated here and will be dealt with swiftly.

Get it back on topic........

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 PM
erm

I agree...you guys have done a pretty good job of keeping it civil and making this a good debate. Don't let it slide into the Abyss.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

I didn't say to come here and agree the Hemi is best just because it's a Dodge product. I said everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it. The point I was getting across is this is a forum for like minded people. Therefore there is no reason to get upset with someone for voicing that opinion. If you have an opinion voice it, even show facts to support what you think, and someone will offer a rebuttal. This is called debating, but it can still stay friendly. No reason to bring peoples moms into it. Now that I've said my 2 cents I'm done. Now onto the actual topic of the thread. I think the EcoBoost is a good idea. However I dont believe it can be compared to a naturally aspirated engine. If dodge were to come out with a twin turbo 3.7L pentastar motor and put it into a Ram truck THEN we could do a comparison. But when comparing the Ecoboost to them Hemi you might as well be comparing it to my engine the LA V10 488 CI with 300 horses and 450 ib ft of torque...just isnt a good comparison. "IMHO"
Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 F150
alacey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If dodge were to come out with a twin turbo 3.7L pentastar motor and put it into a Ram truck THEN we could do a comparison.
Is there any word from Dodge about doing this besides hearsay? I have been trying to find out something, but have been unable to find a solid article. It would be nice to see the Eco vs 3.7 TTGDI. Aslo, I don't know if any of you guys read about this OPOC Engine. The numbers out of this 2 cylinder 4 piston 2 stroke are phenomenal. I even read that they got the baking of Bill Gates.

http://www.ecomotors.com/engine-design
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I've been watching this thread for some time now, and the direction its gone is crazy. This forum is a friendly place for people to get help, information, and just talk to like minded people about something we all love and that is Ram trucks. You can have your opinions, it is your right to. But can we please keep it friendly. And in keeping things friendly, when you post something keep in mind you have no idea (unless you personally know someone in this forum) where any one here comes from, or what they've done or are doing. That being said I served 18 months out in the desert and also received a purple heart. And never once have I went to the gas station to fill up and thought to myself. Oh man here I go funding terrorism again. So please don't ever say that to someone because they drive a Hemi vs an EcoBoost that they are supporting terrorists. I probably get the worst gas mileage here and would take offense to that. Now I drive my Dodge, love my Dodge and love coming here to talk about my Dodge with the friends that I have made here. If you aren't here for those same reasons than its probably a good idea to move on to the next forum. I like to think of the Z as a good quality forum and it is, and I know everyone who is a true member intends to keep it that way. So if you are just here to stir the pot on topics and fight and argue with someone over what motor you think is better please leave or private message the person whom you want to argue with and please keep it out of our forum.
Excellent post Zac. Thank you for saying what was on so many people's minds but more importantly, thank you for serving our country. When I see what people like you have done for our country, I really don't find a truck...even mine..all that important.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbass View Post
Excellent post Zac. Thank you for saying what was on so many people's minds but more importantly, thank you for serving our country. When I see what people like you have done for our country, I really don't find a truck...even mine..all that important.
And thank you for the kind words Razorbass. And our trucks are important because they help make us who we are. Since I've owned my Ram it's felt like I've joined a brotherhood of Ram owners. For instance I went to Nashville airport today to pick up my girlfriend on her way home from Chicago. I was parked at the terminal waiting and a guy in a 09 Ram 2500 parked beside me. He got out of his truck and immediately came over to my truck and started talking to me about my truck and introduced himself and asked if he could see under the hood of my truck as he was curious to see the 8.0Liter V10. And we had a nice conversation and I referred him to the Z and after his wife and my girlfriend came out and gave us those looks like oh lord theyre talking about their trucks aren't they we went our separate ways. Well anyway the point to my story is that is what I love about our trucks among many things. And that is what I like to think I was fighting for over there. To protect our rights and freedoms we all cherish as Americans. And buying my Ram was probably one of the best things I've ever bought, not only because it is a great dependable truck. But I have made some very good friends through owning my Ram, some of them right here in the Z that I never would have met if not for my Ram.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 qc
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
kx250kev is on a distinguished road

I like the ecoboost and the f150, but ended up buying the dodge. The ecoboost is fast, but I though it was a little to tame when the rpm was low. When the rpms were up above 3000, and you were deep into the gas pedal, it was impressive and fast. The hemi has more torque down low IMHO. I'm sure the 3.92 gears in the hemi would have impressed me even more.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
mytruck is on a distinguished road

The numbers show that the Ecoboost has more torque at a lower RPM than the Hemi. That ain't no lie. Until something is published that shows it to be a terrible engine because of lubrication or wear issues, I would say that the Turbo boost beats the Hemi with the same gearing/axle ratio in both HP and Torque, especially at lower RPM.

And, I just bought a dodge hemi in June. It was for the total package of the truck. If I only cared about the engine, I would have bought the Ecoboost.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 qc
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
kx250kev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytruck View Post
The numbers show that the Ecoboost has more torque at a lower RPM than the Hemi. That ain't no lie. Until something is published that shows it to be a terrible engine because of lubrication or wear issues, I would say that the Turbo boost beats the Hemi with the same gearing/axle ratio in both HP and Torque, especially at lower RPM.

And, I just bought a dodge hemi in June. It was for the total package of the truck. If I only cared about the engine, I would have bought the Ecoboost.
My seat of the pants dyno felt like the hemi had more authority down low. The smooth ride, price and proven tranny/engine combo made the ram an easy choice for me. I shy away from first and second year vehicles.
(but I give kudos to ford for the ecoboost f150)