DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacey View Post
..... Aslo, I don't know if any of you guys read about this OPOC Engine. The numbers out of this 2 cylinder 4 piston 2 stroke are phenomenal. I even read that they got the baking of Bill Gates.

http://www.ecomotors.com/engine-design
This a very interesting concept engine. I have been trying to follow it, but I am still in want of a actually running prototype. They have been on this thing for years, and I still haven't seen or heard of a working prototype.

If you know of one, please direct me to it. If this engine is capable of what they claim, it could possibly be the 'Next Generation' of engines.

In the mean time, the Eco Boost has made a great showing, and is living up to the performance claims. I may be a Ram owner, but am a gear head first, so when I come across an OEM engine that is using the technology the Eco boost is using, I am probably more curious than the average Ford fanatic. I have had many conversations with Ford techs (weekly), and am disappointed by the higher than expected problem rate the Eco Boost customers are experiencing, BUT am very encouraged by the way Ford is handling this......no BS, just action.

I am very happy we (North Americans) have the 'Big 3' (Chrysler, Ford, GM) auto companies on our continent. Yah, yah....I know....for the most part there is huge foreign ownership....blah, blah, blah... But they are still the North American big 3, and I hope it stays that way for a long time...I like the choice....I chose Dodge, and am completely happy with that choice, and personally, I would have enjoyed having my stock Hemi Ram out perform the stock Ford Eco boost....but it didn't.

If I see a broken Ford or Chevy on the road and stop to help....You can bet that I will rib them LOL ..... It's the right thing to do. But I also will take the ribbing with a smile when the tables are turned.....as long as it's a Ford or Chevy....not a Toy, Nis or Hon.

Hemi vs F150 Eco Boost.....I raced it, I lost, I have a new goal.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 11 Dodge Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: black and silver
Rep:30
Hemichild is on a distinguished road

Interesting that you lost. A friend of mine bought one and bugged me for a month to race. Finally I agreed. his is a crew cab mines a crew cab. I believe he has 3.73 gears and I got the 3.92 with 17 inch rims with my outdoorsman, plus I got the ram box so I can see me being heavier then him. I pulled him a truck length and a half right off the line. he never made that up. He said he never spun, I had traction control off and was spinning. He thought I had work done to mine but I told him an air filter and changed the factory exhaust to the factory duals and added a 14 inch magnaflow. I am pleased with the way mine performs other then needing to replace a transmission already with only 11000 km.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemichild View Post
Interesting that you lost. A friend of mine bought one and bugged me for a month to race. Finally I agreed. his is a crew cab mines a crew cab. I believe he has 3.73 gears and I got the 3.92 with 17 inch rims with my outdoorsman, plus I got the ram box so I can see me being heavier then him. I pulled him a truck length and a half right off the line. he never made that up. He said he never spun, I had traction control off and was spinning. He thought I had work done to mine but I told him an air filter and changed the factory exhaust to the factory duals and added a 14 inch magnaflow. I am pleased with the way mine performs other then needing to replace a transmission already with only 11000 km.
Having the combination of a freer flowing air filter, better exhaust and 17" er's likely made the difference. My loss wasn't huge in the standing start...about a truck length....just enough for me to see his tails clearly. Even a 1" shorter tire would likely have been enough to change that.

On the other hand, I did have a short run against a different Eco today with a different result. I certainly didn't blow his doors off, but never saw anything other than his hood and grille; and had to look over my shoulder to see that.

I may have to 'check out' my buddy's Eco for 'Alterations', or less that truthful facts......

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Having the combination of a freer flowing air filter, better exhaust and 17" er's likely made the difference. My loss wasn't huge in the standing start...about a truck length....just enough for me to see his tails clearly. Even a 1" shorter tire would likely have been enough to change that.

On the other hand, I did have a short run against a different Eco today with a different result. I certainly didn't blow his doors off, but never saw anything other than his hood and grille; and had to look over my shoulder to see that.

I may have to 'check out' my buddy's Eco for 'Alterations', or less that truthful facts......

Maybe he got 4.10 in his Ecoboost.

F150 FX4 Ecoboost come stock with 3.73 and can have 4.10 in option.
Other trim level have 3.15 (i think), 3.55 and 3.73

If your friend have 4.10 in his, that's may be the reason he's faster. 4.10 + F150 6 spd transmission give him a HUGE gear advantage.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

found a couple of videos..

Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Hmmm...not on a track with no official tickets. Sorry, but without better unbiased proof, this proves nothing. Quite frankly, both look completely staged. Not trying to dis anyone, just saying it's gonna take more than a couple of homemade videos.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Red
Rep:26
ruger77 is on a distinguished road

I test drove the 2011 F150 5.0 and Ecoboost and the 2011 Hemi back to back. I bought the Ram because i liked it better over-all. It looks the best. Both ride very nice. The ecoboost seems alittle faster than the Hemi and the Hemi alittle faster than the 5.0. The F150 Ecoboost was a demo with 2300 miles on it. According to the average mpg it was getting 12.8. I liked both trucks just the Hemi better!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
WyGuy is on a distinguished road

I think these two videos say a lot about the performance differences between the two engines. I have no problem admitting that the eco boost performs better. Personally, I was worried about the longevity of the eco boost considering it's a twin-turbo...that's why I went with the Hemi.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

here is on at the track... The guy in the hemi most likely didnt know how to drive.. well at least i hope so... I too looked into the ram and thought it was a nice truck.. But over all I liked the Ford better, the HEMI has great power drives good but their transmission worries me.. to be honest I really wanted a Cummins but cant justify a diesel just yet! I ended up with the Ford 6.2L V8 over them all, even the Tundra! This 6.2 is flying under the radar with all of the talk about the EB.. Lets just say it would be a bad idea for someone to try something at light all in all I love my Ford just as much as you all love your Ram, we all have choices thats what makes the world go around.. I chose a bigger faster truck! lol

Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitdone78 View Post
here is on at the track... The guy in the hemi most likely didnt know how to drive.. well at least i hope so... I too looked into the ram and thought it was a nice truck.. But over all I liked the Ford better, the HEMI has great power drives good but their transmission worries me.. to be honest I really wanted a Cummins but cant justify a diesel just yet! I ended up with the Ford 6.2L V8 over them all, even the Tundra! This 6.2 is flying under the radar with all of the talk about the EB.. Lets just say it would be a bad idea for someone to try something at light all in all I love my Ford just as much as you all love your Ram, we all have choices thats what makes the world go around.. I chose a bigger faster truck! lol

Either way, that eco ran a 14.9939 @ 91.91 mph and the Ram ran a 15.7754 @ 89.36 mph and that's nothing to bragg about. Obviously a closed track with no tree, no lights, and a furd rep driving the Ram. It's funny...same goes for the vid with the furd rep in the Ram holding the camera cheering on the eco pooper, lol! Post some videos of your truck and your time slips beating a 13 to 14 sec RCSB Ram with a 15 sec eco pooper, same goes for the rest of you. I'm starting to like these videos, just shows how desperate you loosers are, lol!