DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I'm starting to like these videos, just shows how desperate you loosers are, lol!
On paper it's an impressive motor but I think this ^^^^ about sums it up.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

Man there sure is a lot of frail individuals over here! Imagine my 6.2L in a SBRC f150.. the HEMI wouldnt hold a candle to it! The ram is a great looking truck with a good motor.. But for now Ford has the motor gam in check! FOR NOW... so stop being so frail and smile... t

There has been a couple of people already on this thread that said they got beat by an EB.. Some even 3 times in a row... Its ok if your not the fastest on the road, you like your truck and thats all that matters! No one is desperate here just sharing some info, im not worried one bit what people say about my truck I pay for it and I like it and thats all that matters!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ there's always someone faster...

Do you have a 13 second ram? Guess what, there's a 12 second ram out there somewhere.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitdone78 View Post
Man there sure is a lot of frail individuals over here! Imagine my 6.2L in a SBRC f150.. the HEMI wouldnt hold a candle to it! The ram is a great looking truck with a good motor.. But for now Ford has the motor gam in check! FOR NOW... so stop being so frail and smile... t

There has been a couple of people already on this thread that said they got beat by an EB.. Some even 3 times in a row... Its ok if your not the fastest on the road, you like your truck and thats all that matters! No one is desperate here just sharing some info, im not worried one bit what people say about my truck I pay for it and I like it and thats all that matters!
Got any time slips yet? I'd love to line up with ANY new F-150, Eco-Boost, 5.0, 6.2 ...doesn't matter to me
I've even taken on a 5.0L 2012 Mustang and won

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89903

10' RCSB 4x4, a couple 13 second slips from last May
intake/exhaust/tune and tires only at the time.

DA corrections :

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-24-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM

BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Only Eco Boost I've seen at our track was an extended cab 4x4, who kept avoiding me and jumping lanes whenever I tried to line up with him, LOL!

He was running mid-low 15's (15.1-15.3) I would have beat him bad, Even on my Heavy 20's with 32" Terra Grappler's that pulls low/mid 14's.

We're having a dealership shoot-out rematch tonight (Chevy,Ford and Dodge) that got rained out last Wednesday.
Hopefully Ford brings their trucks this time instead of just a single 5.0L Mustang, I've got my heavy stock tires/grapplers mounted this time.

on my dedicated DR's I would have not only beat down but flat out embarrassed the EB and he knew it! Chicken!

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-24-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

there is no doubt you would have beat him.. look at the difference in truck size/weight.. that is far from apples to apples let alone you have mods.. Let me break it down for your small brain to comprehend.. STOCK VS STOCK is what we are talking about.. let me drop my 6.2 in a tiny ass truck like yours, mod it out like you have your and then we will see what happens. But ford doesnt offer the 6.2 or EB in single cab. No i dont have any slips as I have not taken my truck to track yet.. let get a tow rope out and tie off, and watch pull that little peanut around the block a few times!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
there is no doubt you would have beat him.. look at the difference in truck size/weight.. that is far from apples to apples let alone you have mods.. Let me break it down for your small brain to comprehend.. STOCK VS STOCK is what we are talking about.. let me drop my 6.2 in a tiny ass truck like yours, mod it out like you have your and then we will see what happens. But ford doesnt offer the 6.2 or EB in single cab. No i dont have any slips as I have not taken my truck to track yet.. let get a tow rope out and tie off, and watch pull that little peanut around the block a few times!!!
Quote:
Man there sure is a lot of frail individuals over here! Imagine my 6.2L in a SBRC f150.. the HEMI wouldnt hold a candle to it!
No, "Frail" is day dreaming about having a faster truck. instead of actually making yours one!
Until you post a track slip, your comments and insults are lost on me like a fly fart in a windstorm.

Putting a 6.2L into a RCSB Ford is right on par with someone putting a 6.4L Hemi in a RCSB Ram, moot point unless you're actually willing to do it instead of day-dreaming.

I've built up my Ram sure, but I've also put it up against a new more powerful, faster, lighter, 5.0L 2012 Mustang GT (about 3600 pounds?)
...odds overwhelmingly stacked against me, and beat him with my 5200 pound Truck.

Bet I could put a tow rope on him and pull him around the block too, but really....WTF does that prove?

Stock vs Stock?
...Who the heck drives a stock truck for more than a couple weeks?
Most guys are hitting the muffler shop after they leave the dealers lot.
For the most part, the ones who "Dont" mod their trucks are the ones that don't really care about performance in the first place.
They would just rather go online and troll the competitions message boards.

FWIW, I ran just as fast when I was bone stock as the Eco Boost did that day.

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Although I have not particular interest in sticking up for blackramhemi(and find it quite ironic that he is upset by someone resorting to insults...), I'm pretty sure a 4x4 hemi would out pull an ext cab 2wd truck of similar torque. Agreed that this thread is supposed to be about a comparable(drivetrain included) hemi vs ecoboost, not a modded hemi, or a ford 6.2, or 5.0, etc.... all evidence(paper and video) points to the ecoboost running quicker. Have yet to see a video of a stock hemi running away from a comparable ecoboost. That's just one category. And yes people can post fake time slips just like fake videos. Time to own up and admit the videos are real, the STOCK ecoboost is faster. Doesn't necessarily mean it's better.....I drive a ram. I agree with everyone else previously, this thread is so distorted, and people can't seem to play nice, it should be deleted.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

78- If you want to come on our forum and try to make a valid point, I suggest you treat the members here with some respect and cut out the immature posts.

With that being said, it is clear to me and that the stock EB can beat the stock Hemi in towing and probably get the nod in a close race at the track. The race at the track might be close enough that it depends on the driver.

I didn't buy my 1/2 ton truck for towing and I don't know too many that do. I would buy at atleast a 3/4 and it would be a diesel if towing was a high priority, but that's just me.

Please read the thread title, nobody said this discussion should be limited to stock vs. stock. The point that Black Mamba is making it that no matter what you do to a EB you will never beat his heavily modded hemi at the track. Its a valid point, that right now at this juncture the Hemi has more potential than any Ford 1/2 ton truck. You can add a few simple bolt ons to the hemi and it can outperform the EB. That point should not be overlooked.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Chariot View Post
The point that Black Mamba is making it that no matter what you do to a EB you will never beat his heavily modded hemi at the track. Its a valid point, that right now at this juncture the Hemi has more potential than any Ford 1/2 ton truck. You can add a few simple bolt ons to the hemi and it can outperform the EB. That point should not be overlooked.

?

...just for clarification, I am not what I would consider "heavily modified"

My best time slip from May13/11 was on a bone stock motor,
no internals, no cam, no heads, no headers etc.

Just Intake/CatBack/Diablo ... same as 75% of the other Rams here
My only difference at the time, was my dedicated drag tires to help out my open rear diff with 3.55's.

My Dyno sheet from Aug.12/11 even shows I only have 309 HP, most here that ran stock 4G Hemi's on a Dyno post higher results than that.