DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

Even better! For some reason I thought that you had some longtubes, high flow cats, and some sort of a ram air system. Probably because your so fast.

This proves my point even further, for less than $1000 one could add intake, exhaust, and tuner to a hemi and still have less money invested than some guinea pig Ford driver with an EB.

The durability and longevity of the hemi engine is not in question. I traded in my 05 Hemi with 100,000 on the clock for my new one. It ran just as strong as it did for me on day one.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Less than 3 weeks ago I added a lowes hadware irrigation feeder tube to my Airiad, lol
a taper bored Fastman throttle body and ugraded my Torque Converter to a 2800 stall.
My JBA shorty headers are still on back-order and will hopefully ship next week.
Other minor supporting mods added since my best time slip..
Jet 180 T-Stat, BT catch can, Magnaflow Y pipe.

Once my Headers are on I'm going for a custom Dyno CMR tuning session and should have a legit low 13 second truck soon.
(The DA is high here, my best slip corrected (in my sig) is already a 13.4/101)

...this is also my second Hemi, first was an 04' Sport 4x4 QC

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

guys I am in no way dissing the Ram in any way shape or form. Mamba you truck is quick theres no denying that! Simple mods could also boost the up the EB when and if the mods come up! there has been some time slips on a crew cab EB running low 14 at the track! thats damn good for a full size 1/2 ton! I love all trucks and motors, especially the Cummins! im not here to argue just here to share some info and have some motor talk!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
07HemiRam is on a distinguished road

As much as I hate Ford I really gotta give them credit for trying out the twin turbo V6 concept in a full size truck. I am a valet so I have the opportunity to drive a lot of different cars & trucks. I have driven several eco-bost Fords and was impressed with the way it drives, they are fast! I don't think it will beat my Dodge Hemi though! I have an '07 Ram and LOVE it!! I do not really care for the new Rams with the independent rear suspension, should still have a solid axle in a full size truck. The Fords to me are some of the ugliest trucks on the planet & they turn like a battle ship, almost impossible to maneuver in tight spots without making a 600 point turn. The Rams own everything in that category amazing job by Dodge on the steering. Dodge is my truck & will never buy a Ford or a Toyota but that's just me!
6000K Bi-Xenon Headlights, 8000K Xenon Fog lights, Superchips Flashpaq, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Flowmaster y-pipe, Composite BFI with Amsoil dry filter, Flex-a-lite electric fan, 180* JET thermostat, 85mm Fastman throttle body.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07HemiRam View Post
As much as I hate Ford I really gotta give them credit for trying out the twin turbo V6 concept in a full size truck. I am a valet so I have the opportunity to drive a lot of different cars & trucks. I have driven several eco-bost Fords and was impressed with the way it drives, they are fast! I don't think it will beat my Dodge Hemi though! I have an '07 Ram and LOVE it!! I do not really care for the new Rams with the independent rear suspension, should still have a solid axle in a full size truck. The Fords to me are some of the ugliest trucks on the planet & they turn like a battle ship, almost impossible to maneuver in tight spots without making a 600 point turn. The Rams own everything in that category amazing job by Dodge on the steering. Dodge is my truck & will never buy a Ford or a Toyota but that's just me!
just for clarification the 4th gens are a multi-link with a solid axle not an independent suspension.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Although I have not particular interest in sticking up for blackramhemi(and find it quite ironic that he is upset by someone resorting to insults...), I'm pretty sure a 4x4 hemi would out pull an ext cab 2wd truck of similar torque. Agreed that this thread is supposed to be about a comparable(drivetrain included) hemi vs ecoboost, not a modded hemi, or a ford 6.2, or 5.0, etc.... all evidence(paper and video) points to the ecoboost running quicker. Have yet to see a video of a stock hemi running away from a comparable ecoboost. That's just one category. And yes people can post fake time slips just like fake videos. Time to own up and admit the videos are real, the STOCK ecoboost is faster. Doesn't necessarily mean it's better.....I drive a ram. I agree with everyone else previously, this thread is so distorted, and people can't seem to play nice, it should be deleted.
I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but you have no idea about what you are saying. The ecoboost may be faster than your truck, but it is not faster than mine, lol!. The EB E/T may be close to the QC Ram, but it is nowhere near close to the RCSB like mine. You may say my truck is lighter but the EB is twin turbo charged, Hemi vs EB right? I've raced two of these and beat both into giving up early sending them into hiding. You mention paper, worst case specs for the RCSB like mine are low 14's, worst case numbers for the EB are low 15's. Again, I don't mean any disrespect here, but you do not own a Hemi Ram so your opinion has something to be desired, it's obvious that you don't like the Hemi otherwise you would have bought one. Once again I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you went to an automotive mechanics school, you are somewhat lacking in the feild of performance engines at 24 years old so your oppinion means little to most of us here. I doubt you even know the stages of a twin turbo much less how they work if it were not for google search. I agree that the design is pretty impressive and it can hang with most trucks or do better. But they are nowhere near as fast as a RSCB and the Ram is a better looking all around truck for those who like to work and play. Therefore, it is time for you and not us to own up because you do not know what the heck you are talking about, lol!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but you have no idea about what you are saying. The ecoboost may be faster than your truck, but it is not faster than mine, lol!. The EB E/T may be close to the QC Ram, but it is nowhere near close to the RCSB like mine. You may say my truck is lighter but the EB is twin turbo charged, Hemi vs EB right? I've raced two of these and beat both into giving up early sending them into hiding. You mention paper, worst case specs for the RCSB like mine are low 14's, worst case numbers for the EB are low 15's. Again, I don't mean any disrespect here, but you do not own a Hemi Ram so your opinion has something to be desired, it's obvious that you don't like the Hemi otherwise you would have bought one. Once again I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you went to an automotive mechanics school, you are somewhat lacking in the feild of performance engines at 24 years old so your oppinion means little to most of us here. I doubt you even know the stages of a twin turbo much less how they work if it were not for google search. I agree that the design is pretty impressive and it can hang with most trucks or do better. But they are nowhere near as fast as a RSCB and the Ram is a better looking all around truck for those who like to work and play. Therefore, it is time for you and not us to own up because you do not know what the heck you are talking about, lol!
Although I may not own a hemi, my friend has an RT that I regularly ride in, and my brother has an express, and I know the power of the hemi. (and the RT runs low 14's stock, with a good driver, so I doubt yours runs faster). Not from any experience, but the ecoboost can run as good as 14.5 from what I see, so say a regular driver regular run would be a 15. I do not dislike the hemi, it is a great engine, the best in my opinion of any gasser available from any manufacturer. I didn't buy a hemi because it wasn't in the truck that I wanted. It didn't really matter to me whether I got a hemi or 4.7L, as long as I got a 2008 or newer 4.7L. I did not buy my 5,000+ lb quad cab truck to make it an all out drag car. It drives me nuts when people think that because you are young you don't know anything. I know alot more about auto mechanics than you realize, and alot more than the average person. I admit I've never built a forced induction motor, and doubt I could right now without help, but I know the basics of them. I am well experienced with NA motors, drag racing, and auto mechanics in general. I've been around cars since I could walk, working on them with my father and restoring them, and been on the drag strip my whole life also. The fact is that equal driver and equal truck, from what I can see (torque and hp numbers, and some videos perusing youtube) the ecoboost should run the 1/4 faster. Going from memory here but I believe it has more torque at any rpm than the hemi, therefore if it has an equal driver and gearing and weight (which they are similar) it will run faster. There's really nothing else to it, the engine with more area under the torque curve will be faster(all else equal). I think there's many people on this forum that agree I'm not just flapping my lips and that I really do know what I'm talking about. If you give me two identical trucks and drivers, and put different engine's in them, and show me the torque curves, I can tell you which will run faster. Anybody that understands torque and how hp relates to rpm and torque can do the same.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitdone78 View Post
guys I am in no way dissing the Ram in any way shape or form. Mamba you truck is quick theres no denying that! Simple mods could also boost the up the EB when and if the mods come up! there has been some time slips on a crew cab EB running low 14 at the track! thats damn good for a full size 1/2 ton! I love all trucks and motors, especially the Cummins! im not here to argue just here to share some info and have some motor talk!
BTW...there's a bone stock Ram CC on the Dodge forum running 13's with pics and time slips. And there's plenty running stock 13's as well, there's even a member with a stock Toyota running 13's that goes by the name socialstar82 with pics and slips. My truck is stock other than an AFE exhaust and I beat two of them and these weren't running 14's. I know that there's plenty trucks faster than mine but an EB aint one of them...not yet anyway. And I think you know darn well that Hemi RCSB in the vid runs better than than that crappy damn near 16 sec run, lol! That's how far back the the two EB's were that I ran...my truck has a nice holeshot. Those ecos didn't like the red light digs so from experience I don't believe that video. They may be good from arouind 2k rpm on, and they should be but we talking 1/4 mile e/ts. Here's where we're at so far, EB has the pulling power on the Hemi and the better tranny making it equal or better in the quarter. But our RCSB's are runninng a whole sec better average times. Yes they're lighter but so what, the EB is twin turbo so that makes us even because of the torque..end of story and for each his own!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

There is a little bit of false info/ignorance in the above statement... but no big deal, first off i dont believe there is a CC Ram running in the 13'. Not when a RCSB gets those numbers.. also a RCSB Hemi will be faster than the EB, its smaller and lighter. those guys that you raced may not know how to drive. if you rev up to 2k in an EB the launch you get will be a whole lot different than if you just punch it on green.. and yes EB is twin turbo but remember its a V6.. RCSB Hemi is quick, but CC to CC the EB with equal drivers will come out on top, PERIOD! lets not even bring in the 6.2L thats not in a Raptor!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Although I may not own a hemi, my friend has an RT that I regularly ride in, and my brother has an express, and I know the power of the hemi. (and the RT runs low 14's stock, with a good driver, so I doubt yours runs faster). Not from any experience, but the ecoboost can run as good as 14.5 from what I see, so say a regular driver regular run would be a 15. I do not dislike the hemi, it is a great engine, the best in my opinion of any gasser available from any manufacturer. I didn't buy a hemi because it wasn't in the truck that I wanted. It didn't really matter to me whether I got a hemi or 4.7L, as long as I got a 2008 or newer 4.7L. I did not buy my 5,000+ lb quad cab truck to make it an all out drag car. It drives me nuts when people think that because you are young you don't know anything. I know alot more about auto mechanics than you realize, and alot more than the average person. I admit I've never built a forced induction motor, and doubt I could right now without help, but I know the basics of them. I am well experienced with NA motors, drag racing, and auto mechanics in general. I've been around cars since I could walk, working on them with my father and restoring them, and been on the drag strip my whole life also. The fact is that equal driver and equal truck, from what I can see (torque and hp numbers, and some videos perusing youtube) the ecoboost should run the 1/4 faster. Going from memory here but I believe it has more torque at any rpm than the hemi, therefore if it has an equal driver and gearing and weight (which they are similar) it will run faster. There's really nothing else to it, the engine with more area under the torque curve will be faster(all else equal). I think there's many people on this forum that agree I'm not just flapping my lips and that I really do know what I'm talking about. If you give me two identical trucks and drivers, and put different engine's in them, and show me the torque curves, I can tell you which will run faster. Anybody that understands torque and how hp relates to rpm and torque can do the same.
Actually, the RT's taller tires bring the gear ratios close to the same, again you...don't know what you're talking about, lol! (just having a little fun here)Alright, I take your word for it. But my truck and the RT's are very much capable of mid 13's. EB is more about strength as in a deisel but it is twin turboed sharing both turbo and SC features, in a sense it does the work of both. I'm pretty sure that you're a bright youngster...not doubting that at all. The best features of a twin turbo EB is it's torque. If you want more hp, turn up the boost, more forced air equals more hp, more rpms (larger lift cam) will give you more hp as well. But you better make darn sure that your bottem end is up to the task. For a 6 cyl pushing that much hp in stock form, I wouldn't chance it and I don't think Ford would have given the owner that option...it's pushing it as it is. Out of warranty, you could put a special turbo/sc cam in it to get more hp numbers and a good tune. I don't think there'll be much more than a tune as it is and that will take a while to come out. Lets see what Ford racing does with it, who knows. Till then my truck/3.92 gears and shorter tires match up pretty much equal to the RT/410 gears with taller tires but less the stall speed..that don't always work for all drivers anyway. And buy the way, the EB does not have the Hemi torque until it spools up. It has a bit of lag, there is 0 boost from a dig. You are on v6 power until it spools up...I witnessed it first hand, like I said, I raced two of them. They would fair better racing me from a roll where spool is already built up.