DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I thought the EB was faster then the 6.2?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 crew
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Bright Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wingless1 is on a distinguished road

snrusnak, yes, you seem to know what you're talking about: torque provides accel, hp provides speed, weight is the enemy, all else equal.
radioflyer, were the ecos you have beaten rcsb, equal ratio to yours, equal running gear trucks? If so, then the rcsb hemi must be faster.
I promised myself I wouldn't get back into this thread, but, like someone passing an accident scene, I can't seem to scroll past without dropping in to see what new nonsense has been posted. It has passed the point of negative and demeaning, and is now more like a tarantino movie: deliberatley crude and over-the-top as art for art's sake-lol
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitdone78 View Post
There is a little bit of false info/ignorance in the above statement... but no big deal, first off i dont believe there is a CC Ram running in the 13'. Not when a RCSB gets those numbers.. also a RCSB Hemi will be faster than the EB, its smaller and lighter. those guys that you raced may not know how to drive. if you rev up to 2k in an EB the launch you get will be a whole lot different than if you just punch it on green.. and yes EB is twin turbo but remember its a V6.. RCSB Hemi is quick, but CC to CC the EB with equal drivers will come out on top, PERIOD! lets not even bring in the 6.2L thats not in a Raptor!
The only ignorance here is coming out of you, if you don't believe me then go to the site to see for yourself. Any twin turbo doubles your hp, so there's nothing special about the v6 to me when it come to hp. Yes, I know all about spool, good luck with that building it up to hang with me, trust me....they don't like red lights, lol! And the 6.2 is a dog, I'll smoke you, he he! My little bro has a 2011 Chevy CC and an 2010 extended cab that he smokes his friends 6.2 with....there you go Just teasing man, I take word for it... your truck is fast because I haven't ran one yet, lol!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:06 PM

CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure there will be some good tuners out there who can figure it out but it'll be a fine line upping the boost and writing a tune for the EB as it is already running 13 psi with a 10.5:1 c/r. One bad tank of gas and boom.

There are some excellent shops out there writing new tunes for the boosted Coyote Mustangs. I've seen guys running anywhere from 7-14 psi and that motor has an 11:1 c/r.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Now I'm really confused...if any TWIN turbo doubles hp does that mean the EB would only make 180 hp without the turbos? I thought it all had to do with the turbo sizing vs motor displacement and what a/r the turbo is?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless1 View Post
snrusnak, yes, you seem to know what you're talking about: torque provides accel, hp provides speed, weight is the enemy, all else equal.
radioflyer, were the ecos you have beaten rcsb, equal ratio to yours, equal running gear trucks? If so, then the rcsb hemi must be faster.
I promised myself I wouldn't get back into this thread, but, like someone passing an accident scene, I can't seem to scroll past without dropping in to see what new nonsense has been posted. It has passed the point of negative and demeaning, and is now more like a tarantino movie: deliberatley crude and over-the-top as art for art's sake-lol
I don't know what gears they had, for some reason they didn't stick around to chat. But you're right, it wasn't equal, they had twin turbos, lol! About the nonsense, it's no worse than the bs on your ford forums so get use to it, lol!. You beat the Hemis on the Ford forum, this is a Ram forum, what do you expect, we beat the Fords over here, lol
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford
Trim Level: Lariat 6.2L V8
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gettingitdone78 is on a distinguished road

Lol trust me man im in the fire service so i have thick skin! you probably will beat me in your truck as your truck is half the size of mine! lol its all good fun man.. i havent run my truck at a track yet, but I want to. Maybe this weekend, but for now your right this is a Ram forum and I dont expect everyone to bow down to the all mighty Ford when they should hahah.. just teasing man they are all good trucks my 6.2L i have put a little something there that from a dig i cant seem to get traction! ill let yall know how she does at the track!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
Now I'm really confused...if any TWIN turbo doubles hp does that mean the EB would only make 180 hp without the turbos? I thought it all had to do with the turbo sizing vs motor displacement and what a/r the turbo is?
I think faster than I type, I should have said "can" double your hp. Hey, but I didn't know they were already at 13 lbs of boost. Any much more than that and they'll be needing race gas...wow! A simple pulley change or two could give it more boost adding race gas to be safe. I don't know how the bottom end is but it must not be too bad knowing Ford. Their SC 5.0's are just about bullet proof, check out the Kenne Belle site. They know what they're doing and they claim this. EDIT Believe it or not, it was the liquid cooled intercooler that boosted life into the SC and turbo chargers. It was the heat killing the power and they're making more and more SC and Turbo charger liquid cooled...that changes the game. So does the size of the charger itself, you can get more power from a bigger bore 3.6 SC with the same boost than you can with say a 2.8. , same goes with the size of the pulleys for different ratio preferences for more boost. It is said that some can take 26 lbs of boost in stock form...that's impressive. The hemi can only take around 14 and that's pushing it. That's in stock form though, but it goes to show you that Ford doesn't skimp on their SC or forced air builds

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 08-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitdone78 View Post
Lol trust me man im in the fire service so i have thick skin! you probably will beat me in your truck as your truck is half the size of mine! lol its all good fun man.. i havent run my truck at a track yet, but I want to. Maybe this weekend, but for now your right this is a Ram forum and I dont expect everyone to bow down to the all mighty Ford when they should hahah.. just teasing man they are all good trucks my 6.2L i have put a little something there that from a dig i cant seem to get traction! ill let yall know how she does at the track!
We should all be happy that our trucks are fast and muscle is back even in these hard economic times. We shouldn't take it for granted because we can never know how long this new muscle era is going to last. I say hang on to your trucks, they may be worth something down the road...you never know, lol!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Q-cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
CJ.2007Ram is on a distinguished road

Flyer, I will be the first to agree with you about turboed cars doing better from about 2k rpm. I had an 86 shelby charger that had seen many street confrontations. If my opponent played my game and let me hit that magic rpm I could hang and beat the mustangs, camaros, and monte ss. If they wouldn't play my game and ran me from dead stop I couldn't make up the torque difference.