DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Life View Post
The Ecoboost engine already have tune out there. Just none for the F150 right now. In the Taurus SHO, Flex, ... they're gaining 70awhp to 90awhp with tune and basic bolt on.

It won't be long you'll see aftermarket support for the F150 Ecoboost to. The F150 should gain hp like the Taurus SHO only difference will be torque gain. Stock SHO have 365hp and 350ft-pd of torque, stock F150 have 365hp and 420ft-pd of torque. The SHO, Flex, ... are factory limited on the torque because they're fwd car (awd...) and can't stand that much torque.

With intake, exhaust, larger intercooler and tune, they'll be in the 450hp/470ft-pd of torque range. I'm not afraid to say it, Ecoboost F150 will be fast truck with little $$$$.

They won't be needing race gas just because you bump the boost a little. They run 87 stock and tuned SHO are running 91 and 93 right now with up to 90awhp gain.

How do you plan the change the boost with pulley on a TURBO? Pulley change will give more boost on a supercharger, not on a turbo.
LikE I said, I was running in and out and typing fast...I just crossed it with a SC in my mind, i have to be stupid to think other wise but iI desrerve the flack And Like I told snrus...the only way possible for this thing to run on 97 oct is if it has 8 to one CR maybe 9.5 to one at most, and I don't think you could run much more boost without having low copression forged pistons and bottom end. But Ford does use forged bottom ends for their forced induction. Chey goes as far as titanium rods on toop of a forged bottom end for their lingerfelt SC. It's more than likely that edit (crap, I had it right, I'm sleepy and going to bed ,have to work tonight) they re calibrate the actuator in the computer, just guessing with these new types of vehicles. And knowiing Ford, I don't see them making it easy for you to damage their goods, just a guess. 93 oct alone is not going to change boost or give you more hp. plz excuse my speeling im typing as fast as i can, i gotta go.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 08-24-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2011, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lower compression usually warrants a lower necessary octane rating....most forced induction motors do usually run lower compression because of the boost, but this is starting to get over my head....but I would assume an optimal octane for a moderate street boosted engine would be 93 at the highest... again low compression usually means low octane. Then again timing comes to play so I don't know, I've never built a boosted engine. Isn't lingenfelter a separate company from chevy? Like Roush, or Shelby....? So their engine's are totally different from chevy's internals....? I also thought they only made turbo setups, but again I'm sure I haven't seen every product they've made. I know the corvette ls kits they had that were really popular and approached 1000hp were turbos.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
First of all, I was being sarcastic about it not being equal because of the remarks about mine being a lighter RCSB....dude, he he! And yes I fugged up with the pulleys, my son was cutting my grass for money I paid him in advance and he was trying to con me out of more money to finish it and I was running in and out trying to make sure he finished everything and typing at the same time. It does make me look stupid though I have to admit. Not to mention I was starving, I just got back from Mickey D's and just finished eating, now let's see... Okay, I never said I was an expert but I can build one either way, turbo or SC. but I garantee that the rods, pistons and crank in that six banger are forged, mine aren't. Not to mention that if it's capable of running on 97 oct with 13 lbs of boost the the pistons are 8 to one CR.EDITI don't know what planet you're from, but adding boost ads hp

Actually, the Ecoboost have 10:1 compression, not 8:1.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:22 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
lower compression usually warrants a lower necessary octane rating....most forced induction motors do usually run lower compression because of the boost, but this is starting to get over my head....but I would assume an optimal octane for a moderate street boosted engine would be 93 at the highest... again low compression usually means low octane. Then again timing comes to play so I don't know, I've never built a boosted engine. Isn't lingenfelter a separate company from chevy? Like Roush, or Shelby....? So their engine's are totally different from chevy's internals....? I also thought they only made turbo setups, but again I'm sure I haven't seen every product they've made. I know the corvette ls kits they had that were really popular and approached 1000hp were turbos.
Thats not the point though, you can believe that ford racing team helped with the design of this engine, or at least they learned this from ford racing. You can purchase a 400 hp mustang today and the factory will send it off for you to get it sc. they dont do it but the botom end is forged from ford. I know because I almost bought one when the 2011 came out but the price was above what I could afford. The new Mopar aluminum 426 is forged bottom end from mopar, that's Chrysler doing this. Ford does the same thing with some of their builds. You can't build a forced induction engine on cast or stock bottom end and push the boost much over 14 or 16 lbs on most engines even with low a low CR...chances are it would come appart. My hemi couldn't handle much mpore tha 8 lbs because of the 10.25 CR and stock bottom end. And though aluminum is lighter, in most cases it cant hold up like an iron block when it comes to forced air, the heads would lift. Meaning that they would lift enough to unseal the gasket and cause catistrofic engine failure above around 1200 HP so you build cast iron for more. Lower compresion also alows for more forced air, the lower the compression the higher the boost you can go. Every engine has different stress levels, that you would have to search for yourself. I cant rember the ford strongest late model builds. Turbo charging is the cheapst build to maintain provided it stays together. I just like the SC better, I dont like the heat but the turbo in the ford is a milestone of a truck design...if you like turbos, lol, god nite, im going to sleep now,
Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
LikE I said, I was running in and out and typing fast...I just crossed it with a SC in my mind, i have to be stupid to think other wise but iI desrerve the flack And Like I told snrus...the only way possible for this thing to run on 97 oct is if it has 8 to one CR maybe 9.5 to one at most, and I don't think you could run much more boost without having low copression forged pistons and bottom end. But Ford does use forged bottom ends for their forced induction. Chey goes as far as titanium rods on toop of a forged bottom end for their lingerfelt SC. It's more than likely that edit (crap, I had it right, I'm sleepy and going to bed ,have to work tonight) they re calibrate the actuator in the computer, just guessing with these new types of vehicles. And knowiing Ford, I don't see them making it easy for you to damage their goods, just a guess. 93 oct alone is not going to change boost or give you more hp. plz excuse my speeling im typing as fast as i can, i gotta go.

I never said 93 oct. would change the boost.

Tuner are using 93 oct. on SHO because they change the timing, boost, ... and can gain more hp and torque with 93 oct.

Last edited by Second Life; 08-25-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
don't know what planet you're from, but adding boost ads hp
I keep saying I'm not going to post in this thread anymore since it's gotten so distorted lol but like someone else said it's like driving past an accident and you can't help but to stop and look! So this is it haha....the above statement isn't really necessarily true.... a measurement of boost is actually a measurement of how restrictive the intake tract is...it's a measurement of how much pressure is in the intake, so if you have a free flowing intake it will have less boost, not necessarily less power...I think you'd find that the most high performance forced induction engines do not run massive amounts of boost, most will run like 10 or 12 psi at most. Usually you see higher boost numbers on lower performance engines that are boosted, like some stock engine with a turbo kit. Anyway, both trucks are different styles, turbo small displacement vs NA large displacement, and they both basically do the same job and both do it well, so I think in reality it comes down to all the other factors, as the acceleration and pulling power are comparable between the two.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:33 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Life View Post
No you can't.

RCSB only come with the 3.7L V6 or 5L V8.

Ecoboost are in Supercab and Crewcab.

And the 6.2L V8 are in Crewcab Lariat max tow, Platinium, Lariat Limited, Harley Davidson and Raptor only except for Raptor Supercab.
Can anyone find the actual specs on the weight for the Supercab EB with a short box
....as it (in 2wd/4wd) compares to a RCSB Hemi Ram?
My RCSB 4x4 is around 5200 depending on how much fuel is in my tank, BakFlip tonneau and larger A/T tires,
I believe the Ram QC 4x4 is about 5600-5700.

according some websites, the tested weight at the track is for a Supercab (2wd?) loaded Lariat is only around 5400lbs
Reason I ask is because some posts make it sound like a SCSB EB vs RCSB Hemi is like comparing an aircraft carrier to a ski boat.

...in person the SC/SB looks barely large enough to call an extended cab,
My buddies QC Hemi 4x4 With 4 doors is only about 400-500lbs over my RCSB 4x4...so I would guestimate the supercab somewhere in between. 5300-5400?

Ford.ca lists the SC/SB 2wd at 5043 curb and the SC/SB 4wd at 5,333lbs. but that's usually dry weight.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-25-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I think those mirrors add a measurable amount of weight..

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

We had a rematch of the dealer shoot out Wednesday night,
but no F-150's even showed up. Cant blame them it was Brutal Hot
The DA was over 4200' at 4pm when I left for the track.

So I never bothered to take off my spare, or BakFlip tonneau,
Never swapped on my faster Drag Radials and ran at full street weight and then some.

No track prep at all so traction was Brutal!
Heavy 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers (lousy track tire) are 90lbs ea.
...and still pulled of a 14.498/93.96 (13.876/98.238 DA corrected)..with 3.55 gears

That white supercab EB was running 15.1-15.3's just last week,
on a much cooler day when the DA was only 2900, forgot to ask him what gear ratio he had
anyone know what the options are for a 4x4 supercab EB?

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-25-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Q-cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
CJ.2007Ram is on a distinguished road

This discussion reminds me of chrysler turboed 4s vs the v8 cars. How many mustang guys didn't think a 4 banger could hang with their v8? A lot but it happened; however stick a sc on the v8 and different story.