DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #381  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:55 PM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 951
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Life View Post






Maybe if you knew what you were talking about, i wouldn't be busting your chops...
I see that you are not too good at keeping your word. Have you tried kaopectate, lol?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #382  
Old 09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Second Life's Avatar
Second Life Second Life is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Outaouais, Quebec, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 235
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I see that you are not too good at keeping your word. Have you tried kaopectate, lol?

Maybe if you wouldn't call me i liar (not directly), i would keep my word
I won't shut up if you keep calling me i liar, that's for sure.

You know at your age, you should know what respect is...

And now it's true, i won't answer you anymore You're now on my ignore list.
__________________
Truxedo LoPro - Westin Premier 6'' Oval tubes - Sonnax line pressure booster - Dee Zee rubber bed mat - Magnaflow 12259 - K&N Aircharger - Bilstein 5100 set at 2.8'' - BullyDog GT for Hemi Plus
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Humboldt
Posts: 357
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow, this thread should just get locked down. Resorting to name calling, childish behavior and "I know more than you" mentality. Pretty childish and petty.
__________________
2011 4.7L with AVS ventshades, Vision 375 Warrior wheels, Daystar 2.5" leveling kit, GTS Blackout taillights. Magnaflow exhaust done custom, (sounds AWESOME) and I'm sure more to come.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 951
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Life View Post
Maybe if you wouldn't call me i liar (not directly), i would keep my word
I won't shut up if you keep calling me i liar, that's for sure.

You know at your age, you should know what respect is...

And now it's true, i won't answer you anymore You're now on my ignore list.
You have a lot of nerve asking me for respect when all you've done in this thread is belittle everything I say and attempt to throw me in a cross fire. Do you see that car in my avatar...that's a full race 1970 AAR Cuda with 12.5:1 Venolia slugs breathing through a (stock was 1350)1850 CFM six pac set up with modified metering plates and 66# race jets. They never had 02 sensors in my days, I tuned those carbs myself and I drove this car on the street. I ran a 12.0 to 13.5:1 air/fuel mixture only because I did it by hand. Ideal for me would have been 12.5:1 but that's pretty damn hard to do with a six pac, you consantly had to reset the jets. That's more than I can say for todays crappy oxygen sensored 14.5:1 everyday dummy mixtures. Now that was 30 yrs ago but I remember every inch of that build because I did with my hands. The only thing I didn't do was drill out the 5/8 oil galley on the left side of the block to 9/16. A machine shop did that for me on a drill press. The purpose of this was to lower the oil pressure going to the top of the motor for the use of my solid rollers. I installed the edit: (5/8 copper) tubing myself with 1/8 inch predrilled holes to oil the top. While it was good for hydraulics, the original oil galley opening was as big as a dime. In todays world, you have simplified lifter bushing kits. Ed Hambuger from then Direct Connections gave me the idea which came from his builds only...no one else was using this method at the time. All bearings were race grind to .0003 inspected and checked with both plastigauge and feeler gauges with my hands. Now tell me what you have done with your hands besides flip pages in a book or bills in your wallet to pay people like me to work on your cars! I didn't know jack shit about the gen 111 hemi until I bought my truck but I knew the Gen 11 and quiclky learned the difference between them because I am a Mopar Maniac. Though not a true Hemi, becasue the Gen 111 heads have quence pads which help it ignite a higher percentage of fuel than the Gen 11. Therefore being able to run a higher compression engine on pump gas than the previous Gen 11. The only con with the Gen 111 heads it's strength above 1200 hp (from there you need cast iron heads for forced induction) when we all know that the Gen 11's are pushing well over 8,000 hp with aluminum billet heads sucessfully. I may not read well (I am loosing my sight so I use reading glasses) and I may not type well, but I assure you that I know...that I can build any engine I want as long as I get the specs, without having to flip through a book or bills in my wallet to pay someone else to do it for me. If you think I'm gonna let a 26 yr old big mouth direspect my intelligence and get away with it, you've got another thought coming so go for it!

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 09-04-2011, 06:49 PM
gregster's Avatar
gregster gregster is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Age: 41
Posts: 396
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep Power: 6
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
You have a lot of nerve asking me for respect when all you've done in this thread is belittle everything I say and attempt to throw me in a cross fire. Do you see that car in my avatar...that's a full race 1970 AAR Cuda with 12.5:1 Venolia slugs breathing through a (stock was 1350)1850 CFM six pac set up with modified metering plates and 66# race jets. They never had 02 sensors in my days, I tuned those carbs myself and I drove this car on the street. I ran a 12.0 to 13.5:1 air/fuel mixture only because I did it by hand. Ideal for me would have been 12.5:1 but that's pretty damn hard to do with a six pac, you consantly had to reset the jets. That's more than I can say for todays crappy oxygen sensored 14.5:1 everyday dummy mixtures. Now that was 30 yrs ago but I remember every inch of that build because I did with my hands. The only thing I didn't do was drill out the 5/8 oil galley on the left side of the block to 9/16. A machine shop did that for me on a drill press. The purpose of this was to lower the oil pressure going to the top of the motor for the use of my solid rollers. I installed the tubing myself with 1/8 inch predrilled holes to oil the top. While it was good for hydraulics, the original oil galley opening was as big as a dime. In todays world, you have simplified lifter bushing kits. Ed Hambuger from then Direct Connections gave me the idea which came from his builds only...no one else was using this method at the time. All bearings were race grind to .0003 inspected and checked with both plastigauge and feeler gauges with my hands. Now tell me what you have done with your hands besides flip pages in a book or bills in your wallet to pay people like me to work on your cars! I didn't know jack shit about the gen 111 hemi until I bought my truck but I knew the Gen 11 and quiclky learned the difference between them because I am a Mopar Maniac. Though not a true Hemi, becasue the Gen 111 heads have quence pads which help it ignite a higher percentage of fuel than the Gen 11. Therefore being able to run a higher compression engine on pump gas than the previous Gen 11. The only con with the Gen 111 heads it's strength above 1200 hp (from there you need cast iron heads for forced induction) when we all know that the Gen 11's are pushing well over 8,000 hp with aluminum billet heads sucessfully. I may not read well (I am loosing my sight so I use reading glasses) and I may not type well, but I assure you that I know...that I can build any engine I want as long as I get the specs, without having to flip through a book or bills in my wallet to pay someone else to do it for me. If you think I'm gonna let a 26 yr old big mouth direspect my intelligence and get away with it, you've got another thought coming so go for it!
We need a UFC Octagon! Lets get it on!
__________________
Ambitious, but rubbish!
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 951
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

I don't know if I'd want to edit: (take) the chance having George St Pierre in his corner, lol!

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-04-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 PM
CHVYKLR's Avatar
CHVYKLR CHVYKLR is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 2,400
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep Power: 7
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
If you go back further in this thread my you will see that I stating air/fuel raises the temps. You said so yourself which I agree to, the pcm/electronics will automatically adjust the air /fuel mixture and it will. Therefore when you add fuel to the EB, the elctronics will automatically adjust the air/fuel mixture. Same goes for the boost controller because it is electronic and not a manual though you can add a manual BC to it. I am well aware that without enough oxygen the fuel can't burn. Therefore being an elctronic system, you can not add fuel without the pcm picking up on it and split second adjusting the air/fuel mixture...the pcm is faster than we are. Therfore, when you add fuel to the EB, there is not enough room/space in the combustion chamber to ignite the fuel. (that's been my point) It would be a different ball game if this were a carburated engine, because you would have to adjust the air/fuel mixture yourself. If so, these dumbies who haven't ever gotten their hands dirty with their cars wouldn't know what to do with it. Same goes for high compression carb engines, you can screw up pretty easily when you run your car with the wrong air/fuel mixture making it harder to ignite it. Especially borderline 10.75 to 11.75:1 where you are runing an engine that can use both pump/race gas.EDIT:I forgot the most important part...When you add boost, you have to add fuel...that being said, how much boost can you add to the EB? That has been my point to this crap the whole time! My opinion all along has been that it is pegged at 14lbs, so to these other yahoos (not you chevykilla) on here trying to throw me in a cross....What in the F... is so stupid about that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
I understand what you are saying and I think we are basically saying the same thing. Not trying to insult your intelligence here so sorry if I do.

We as the driver aren't actually adding the gas. The "gas pedal" doesn't actually control the gas in todays engines...it is only connected to the throttle body to control how much air is drawn/forced in. The PCM then meters in fuel based on the a/f tuning parameters in the PCM. It uses O2 readings and part throttle or WOT in its equation. There is plenty of room in the cylinders for fuel at 14 psi of boost...even 18 psi. While the EB is impressive for a stock motor....IMHO I think there is plenty of room to "build" on. I haven't found an article on the bottom end specs yet but Ford tends to build their motors so the customer can beat on 'em. Now I know the EB is brand new so only time will tell if that continues to be the case.

I personally would like to see the EB do well b/c then Ram will respond with something good too! Hopefully Ram already has something in the works.
__________________
Turbo / Trans by L&M Customs (MGH)
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 951
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
I understand what you are saying and I think we are basically saying the same thing. Not trying to insult your intelligence here so sorry if I do.

We as the driver aren't actually adding the gas. The "gas pedal" doesn't actually control the gas in todays engines...it is only connected to the throttle body to control how much air is drawn/forced in. The PCM then meters in fuel based on the a/f tuning parameters in the PCM. It uses O2 readings and part throttle or WOT in its equation. There is plenty of room in the cylinders for fuel at 14 psi of boost...even 18 psi. While the EB is impressive for a stock motor....IMHO I think there is plenty of room to "build" on. I haven't found an article on the bottom end specs yet but Ford tends to build their motors so the customer can beat on 'em. Now I know the EB is brand new so only time will tell if that continues to be the case.

I personally would like to see the EB do well b/c then Ram will respond with something good too! Hopefully Ram already has something in the works.
Thank you for your kind words and I agree with everything you say...almost, lol! About the fuel, at some point the injectors would have to be bumped up to accept the higher boost/fuel. And no offense here either, but I still have a different opinion of how much boost this EB can take. Keep in mind that if it were not for the PCM, it would be virtually impossible to run even a 14lb boost because the air/fuel mixture has to be perfect...something only the PCM could do even with all the sensors in the world. Also keep in mind that the only reason why Second Lifes car could handle an 18 lb boost on pump gas is because of his 8.2:1 compression. The sole purpose of using low compression pistons is to get the most boost possible on pump gas with less heat to handle it thermally. The EB was not built for high performance like the Lightning and SRT10 were...neither were built for towing. The EB was built for work and play in mind using the 10.75:1 pistons. It could run moderately on the high compression and work/play on the extra torque from the turbos. With the high compression pistons there is more pressure and more heat, and with more boost there is more pressure, with more pressure comes more heat for a greater chance of detonation. And there is a point in time where race gas would be needed for higher boost in the EB. I still don't know if this EB tune is an 87 or a 93...which is it. And if this thing could take a higher boost, wouldn't you think that this jay9 or kay9 guy would have done it? I respect your opinions, but I dissagree with you about the cylinders having plenty of room/volume...yes if it had 8 or 9:1 pistons but not with 10.75:1 sorry, lol! There is no way in hell that this thing will run with 18 lbs psi especially on pump gas or handle the heat. I could be wrong, everyone says I am so let's see what happens down the road. And I don't hate the EB or Ford for that matter. I just don't like the way this thread started out bashing the Hemi. I don't give a hoot what they say about the Ram itself...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so for each his own. The design of the eco boost technoligy may be a milestone for things to come, but it's never going to be a legend. There's only one legend and we all know which one that is. So forget about the eco motor, it's the eco truck tech that's going to change the truck industry if it ever does.
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 AM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 951
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

CHVYKLR....I don't think Chrysler will ever catch up with Ford forced induction builds for the simple reason of funds. Chrysler has been in a slump for quite some time, proof is in the rolling (if you will) encryptions in their 2011 PCM's. They simply can't afford the warranty frauds like Ford can...so they say and I kind of beleive them. By the time Chrysler does have the funds, we'll all be driving around in electric/methane cars. I don't think the V8 muscle builds will last another five years before it become a world fuel shortage/$$$$ per gallon issue and then again become a thing of the past.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 AM
CHVYKLR's Avatar
CHVYKLR CHVYKLR is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 2,400
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep Power: 7
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
CHVYKLR....I don't think Chrysler will ever catch up with Ford forced induction builds for the simple reason of funds. Chrysler has been in a slump for quite some time, proof is in the rolling (if you will) encryptions in their 2011 PCM's. They simply can't afford the warranty frauds like Ford can...so they say and I kind of beleive them. By the time Chrysler does have the funds, we'll all be driving around in electric/methane cars. I don't think the V8 muscle builds will last another five years before it become a world fuel shortage/$$$$ per gallon issue and then again become a thing of the past.
Never thought about it from that angle...and unfortunately you might be on to something.

Here is a really great read on the new 5.0. I know it's a Ford magazine site so don't flame me. I hoping to find a similar article on the EB. Point being, if the EB is built like the 5.0 it will probably hold up IMHO. The pistons have dedicated oil cooling jets! The article does speculate that the connecting rods won't hold up to F/I which they have been so far. It's only been out a year or so and I think there are already 10-12 supercharger & turbo kits out the the Coyote. I want that kind of aftermarket support for the HEMI!
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...e/viewall.html
__________________
Turbo / Trans by L&M Customs (MGH)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SuperCharged Hemi RAM thanks to Magna Charger azzo540 Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 207 06-07-2013 10:30 AM
Free Hemi on Base No Options short cab short bed 2010 1500 cyberpine 2010 Dodge Ram Forum 19 07-21-2011 01:54 AM


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum