DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

both are good points. some people want to mod and only do things that "won't" void their warranty and some people don't care. I know you have to pay if you wanna play and voided my Lifetime Powertrain warranty within the first year.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Who said that person cares about warranty? Same thing with the hemis, you tune it and they can void your warranty. Not everybody cares about warranty when they mod their cars
They're trying to sell their product and they do care. And who's to say they didn't know until it was too late. edit: Or who knows if they didn't borrow this truck from some poor sucker to do the tune, because he's F.....d now if they did. Our tunes can't be detected, theirs can. We can set ours back to stock and the dealer won't know it was tampered with, they can't. Ford published a tecchnical service bulletin (TBS 10-2-6) to enable technicians to determine if the 3.5 EB has been tampered with and how to find the mod. So every time an EB comes in for service of any kind, techs are instructed to look for modifications. If they find any, they are instructed to fill out a warranty void cancelation form on the vehicle in question. That includes any part of the exhaut as well as any part under the hood. CAI and exhaust doesn't void our warranties like it does the EB. Even if they take the mods off, they can still blame failure on a particular mod if it occurs in the future. Your truck will be sitting there in the Ford shop while you're paying attorney fees to prove the mods didn't cause the damage. And you're going to pay for it until it's settled in court if you want to ride. And I'll make a freindly bet that not many people on here would have installed a tuner in their truck until the warranty was up if they knew it could be detected. And after reading the ford forum, I saw one person out of 20 who claimed he didn't care about his warranty. And if this guy in the vid had to increase the wastegate spring pre-tension to raise the boost , Ford will know they did it. Not to mention, the actuator adjustment mechanism is pre set to a specified range and marked with a with a tamper evident paint dot. Ford is looking for people like you, lol! Some people have blown the eco in the Taurus SHO's and they got busted. Can tuners can be detected on all of the new Ford turbocharged PCM's because they are now encrypted by Bosch. I don't see how these people in this video got through the encryption in the first place. I do not beleive they adjusted shit, lol! I think they just adjusted the wastegate actuator if indeed they did raise the boost.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
They're trying to sell their product and they do care. And who's to say they didn't know until it was too late. Our tunes can't be detected, theirs can. We can set ours back to stock and the dealer won't know it was tampered with, they can't. Ford published a tecchnical service bulletin (TBS 10-2-6) to enable technicians to determine if the 3.5 EB has been tampered with and how to find the mod. So every time an EB comes in for service of any kind, techs are instructed to look for modifications. If they find any, they are instructed to fill out a warranty void cancelation form on the vehicle in question. That includes any part of the exhaut as well as any part under the hood. CAI and exhaust doesn't void our warranties like it does the EB. Even if they take the mods off, they can still blame failure on a particular mod if it occurs in the future. Your truck will be sitting there in the Ford shop while you're paying attorney fees to prove the mods didn't cause the damage. And you're going to pay for it until it's settled in court if you want to ride. And I'll make a freindly bet that not many people on here would have installed a tuner in their truck until the warranty was up if they knew it could be detected. And after reading the ford forum, I saw one person out of 20 who claimed he didn't care about his warranty. And if this guy in the vid had to increase the wastegate spring pre-tension to raise the boost , Ford will know they did it. Not to mention, the actuator adjustment mechanism is pre set to a specified range and marked with a with a tamper evident paint dot. Ford is looking for people like you, lol! Some people have blown the eco in the Taurus SHO's and they got busted. Can tuners can be detected on all of the new Ford turbocharged PCM's because they are now encrypted by Bosch. I don't see how these people in this video got through the encryption in the first place. I do not beleive they adjusted shit, lol! I think they just adjusted the wastegate actuator if indeed they did raise the boost.
Not everybody cares about warranty though. There's people that do and people that don't. I doubt people that care about their warranty are going to tune their cars. And tunes on our trucks ARE traceable so dodge can see if we tuned and reset back to stock. You act like ford is the only company that voids because of exhaust and intake. Every company can do this if they feel like it, it's all up to the service manager and what rules they follow and what rules they don't
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sorry alacey, but your heatsoaked twin turbo is a peice of crap and your truck looks like a brick going down the road. The engine compartment, the interior, and the exterior are just plain fugly, it has no style and they suck. I hear they make good barbecue pits under the hood though...I like that, lol! The Ram has got you beat in every category, it's fast, the engine compartment looks good, the interior is awesome, and the body style is aggressive and sexy. So your point is mute, most peeps buy the Ram because is the best looking all around truck on the market. Unlike furd, Dodge doesn't need a twin turbo to boost it's performance, it's already there. Now I know it's tough for you girlie girl guys having to drive a slow furd all your lives. But that's no reason to whine when you finally get something that produces some halfway decent numbers. Grant it, I have an RCSB with 3.92 gears, but you won't hear me bragging about the the two that tried me and gave up before we got a block down the road...would you like some of the same, lol?
That's pretty funny.......yuk yuk yuk, well good on em' for "ringing out the dish rag" so to speak, so add one turbo charger to the hemi, since they are down 2 cylinders, that would be apples to apples then right I'll take the normally aspirated and the simplicity of the V-8 that produces pretty much the same numbers anyways thanks. We'll see how many that are smart enough to do a proper cool down before cooking a turbo charger on that there Furd before shutting it down. I'm not biased.......honest.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

That's right garner, your mommy bought your truck, lol! My bad, why should you have to worry about a warranty?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
That's right garner, your mommy bought your truck, lol! My bad, why should you have to worry about a warranty?
I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about the people that have bought an ecoboost. Go on challenger talk and you'll see guys that want dodge to allow them to sign a waiver saying their warranty is void if dodge unlocks the ecu. There's people on here doing heads and cams when they have lifetime warranties. There's the same group of people in the chevy camp, and the ford camp. There's the same group of people in every brand's buyers
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28

Last edited by garner; 09-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about the people that have bought an ecoboost. Go on challenger talk and you'll see guys that want dodge to allow them to sign a waiver saying their warranty is void if dodge unlocks the ecu. There's people on here doing heads and cams when they have lifetime warranties. There's the same group of people in the chevy camp, and the ford camp. There's the same group of people in every brand's buyers
If that's what you meant then you should speak for yourself. Until you purchase your vehicle with your own hard earned money, your opinions about other peoples warranties are mute. Talk to the hand, lol!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
If that's what you meant then you should speak for yourself. Until you purchase your vehicle with your own hard earned money, your opinions about other peoples warranties are mute. Talk to the hand, lol!
I can talk about people's warranties if I want to. You're acting like everybody cares about their warranty. There's a group of people that don't and want to mod their vehicles as they please. You're only speaking of side A of the debate but I'm bringing in side B of the debate which is the group of people that mod because they want to and could care less about warranty. You obviously didn't care about your warranty when you tuned your truck because the service manager could've filled out a warranty void form when you went into get service because even if you remove the tune it can still be seen. It all has to do with how close you are to your service manager and how much he's willing to stick his neck out for you. Now if a company engineer comes in then you're screwed but until then I bet people will have their trucks repaired under warranty even if they are modded and a tsb says to void the warranty

Oh and btw your point about me not caring about warranty because my mom bought my truck is mute because I've done no mods to my truck because it's good as it is
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM

garner...In the words of your president, let me be very clear the only people who have to worry about getting caught are the EB owners...period, lol! At the moment, they are the only ones who are training their people to look for mods
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

having driven both, the eco boost is quick, however still feels and sounds like a 6 cylinder motor. I can't believe over the long haul the 6 will be nearly as reliable. The turbo's spin at 205,000 rpm ao aomething is bound to break...