DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Hemi Crew
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:10
MoparDude is on a distinguished road

I find whats most remarkable in all these threads is brand loyalty (or lack thereof), and you can easily see through those posters that have been Ford followers for many years, and for whatever reason (I'll leave that up to your imagination) have swapped to a RAM pickup. Honestly, I am a Mopar guy first, and will die as one. If I want to go fast I will hop in my 500 ci 66 Belvedere and go for a spin. My new RAM is plenty fast, pulls/tows like a son of a bitch and is comfortable as hell, all while looking great. The RAM is a great value, but shouldn't be the sole deciding factor when making a purchase. Some will say it's blind loyalty, and perhaps it is when I have had nothing but luck over the years with all my Mopars, whether they be a brand new purchase, or a beater. I have driven new Fords and Chevs and found them to be rattle boxes, and my buds that own them are always fixing something on them... I just can't imagine. This is my first Hemi, and I am impressed with it, yes, I can see its going to be hard on gas, but I bought it to tow my boat and travel trailer, so be it. I appreciate new technology, but regardless of better fuel economy I will stick with what I know and not jump ship to brand X,Y or Z for any reason. I read through many of these posters comments and wonder why they would swap brands for the sake of a few thousand dollars. Me, I bought a less optioned truck... I would have loved a Laramie or Big Horn... But bought an SXT that I will option out as I can afford it!

I haven't read all the threads, it's been interesting... but I've read enough.

If you're a Mopar guy, who really cares about an overworked V6 beating your Hemi. Go buy a performance car and hit the track!

Cheers eh!
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012, 02:23 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Though not bad for a heavy truck, I don't consider 15 sec 1/4 mile times to be fast anyway so they're no threat to the rcsb.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Many people aren't loyal to one brand only. I have driven mainly GM's and they have been great overall. This truck is my first chrysler product and it's great as well. I bought it because it's simply the best truck and best value. I've had a few ford's as well and most of them have been more trouble than they were worth, and I sold most and bought GM's. But I've had some good experiences as well with Ford and have begun looking at their newer models again.

My point is I don't really look at the brand, I look at the individual vehicle, as all manufacturers make good and bad vehicles through the years, sometimes even the same model that gets redesigned.

10 years ago there wasn't a GM I didn't like, and there wasn't a ford that I did like. 5 years ago there wasn't a GM that I did like. Today it seems like all manufacturers have good vehicles again, and that's a great sign.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Hemi Crew
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:10
MoparDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
10 years ago there wasn't a GM I didn't like, and there wasn't a ford that I did like. 5 years ago there wasn't a GM that I did like. Today it seems like all manufacturers have good vehicles again, and that's a great sign.
One thing that does make me happy is that ALL the Domestics have stepped up and are building better vehicles. In this global market we need to be able to retain our North American brands, and be proud of them, whether they are GM, Ford or Chrysler...

Cheers...
Old 03-13-2012, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparDude View Post
I find whats most remarkable in all these threads is brand loyalty (or lack thereof), and you can easily see through those posters that have been Ford followers for many years, and for whatever reason (I'll leave that up to your imagination) have swapped to a RAM pickup.!
Nothing to leave to imagination here.
I have driven Fords for years. I switched because of price. The new F150 was out of my price range for an FX4. The Ram is better value and of course I loved the power of the Hemi compared to the 5L. I never considered the EcoBoost.
I was concerned about the Ram's reputation quality wise.
I bought full warranty for 5 years, so we'll see.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blacked Out Edition
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:26
mccritter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nothing to leave to imagination here.
I have driven Fords for years. I switched because of price. The new F150 was out of my price range for an FX4. The Ram is better value and of course I loved the power of the Hemi compared to the 5L. I never considered the EcoBoost.
I was concerned about the Ram's reputation quality wise.
I bought full warranty for 5 years, so we'll see.
I agree the Ram was the best valued truck. I used to drive a 2002 Chev. I loved it at the time as it was IMO the better of the trucks at that time. I liked it for the interior, ride and power. Now Chev hasn't done anything worth metioning in years and although I like the F150s for their capabilities, the styling and value of the Dodge won me over. My buddy bought an ecoboost and it is an impressive truck. Its an FX4 with very similar options to mine but he paid almost $6000 dollars more. Not worth the extra money for a few more ponies and a couple thousand more pounds of towing on an unproven engine. All I can say is I love this truck! I does everything I need it to.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 AM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Well I have a freind (actually my bros freind) who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth who bought his son who was born with one in his mouth an ecoboost. Okay, dad paid for the truck and the son is paying for the sound system he added bringing the total to 47k out the door. And get this, the family owns the dealership! Can you imagine what it would have cost me....wow!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blacked Out Edition
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:26
mccritter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I have a freind (actually my bros freind) who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth who bought his son who was born with one in his mouth an ecoboost. Okay, dad paid for the truck and the son is paying for the sound system he added bringing the total to 47k out the door. And get this, the family owns the dealership! Can you imagine what it would have cost me....wow!
wow is right. 47k and his dad ownes the dealership! What kind of trim package? do you know? When I was looking around and was able find Lariats for around 44-46k depending on options, dealer, etc. Also at year end clearance time too. Regardless Dodge was a way better deal for your money.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

It was prob a HD or Platinum model.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
It was prob a HD or Platinum model.
I'm not to familar with their packages but it's a supercrew or big cc all leather with those security buttons on the door handle. It's white with a very noticable green eb emblem with chrome looking six spoke rims (I think there were six and a spray in bedliner. I'll ask him if he'll let me take some pics and get more details...maybe the window sticker info