DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2wd Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
P Rod is on a distinguished road
Default Buying Tomorrow Finally.

Looks like Tomorrow is the day. Im driving 2 hrs, past 4 other Ram dealers to pick up a new Ram Silver Sport Crew Cab, w/nav, sun roof,backup cam, hood, 3.90, gears powerd pedels, sound system,
It is a truck they have on there lot, no ordering needed. I have been negotiating online with sales guy for about a week, Im sure we will close the deal tomorrow.(just over 8gs off msrp) with a very fair trade in price.
My question is, is there any specific things to look for on final QC inspection? (Paint Blems, hidden rust spots, loose seats, ect..)Im sure my head will be spinning with excitment and my miss a few things. I would like to take some notes.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Phil
Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
erm

If it's a new truck then I don't think you will see any of this unless it was damaged in transit or on the lot. I'd look it over carefully before you sign the papers just to make sure when you drive it off the lot there isn't something that they will claim was done by you vs. them.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road

i fell in love with and bought a silver 09. totally happy with my choice................................ then i saw a burnt orange one.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest that you have someone at the dealership show you EVERY function of the vehicle, especially the radio, how the cell phone interface works, how the NAVIGATION system works, if it has that option. How the Iphone works, even if you don't use it.
Especially how the VOICE commands work.
IF they say that it is compatible, but not functioning, tell them you won't buy the RAM unless everything works & tell them that you are not willing to pay $1.00 extra. Walk away to get what you want, your in command until they have your signature.
Ram trucks have begun tossing in a very lousy radio to get them out the door, then when your signature is on the papers, they tell you that to make the COMPATIBLE radio work, its going to cost you $1600 for the upgrades

the rest is covered by warranty
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2wd Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
P Rod is on a distinguished road

Thanks Yankee, I will definitly check out the radio and all it's goodies. One thing I failed to find out is the Build date, is there a way to find threw the vin#?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:30 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road

My truck was damaged by the dealer by them backing it into a chain link fence, and I pointed out the damage and they replaced the bumper and repainted the tailgate with no problems. I have a few spots on the rear driver's side door that looks like they sprayed the paint over some dust or something, I just noticed it the other day, and I have had my truck a month or so. I just haven't made the trip back to the dealer to have them look at it. I got mine for just under 10k off msrp, but I got the free Hemi rebate and I am not sure if that is still going on now, so if not then that puts it pretty close to the 8k you are getting.
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon