DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 RC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
USAF ram will become famous soon enough
Angry Dealer to avoid

So I went to the dealership tuesday for my 12k mile service and inspection. After about an hour I was told my truck was ready. I went out with my daughter to leave and low and behold there's a nice big oil hand print on my passengers door handle. So I go to the service attendants' booth, where he looks at me then at the other service attendant and says can you get this?" to which the other guy (talking on his cell) replies "i'm busy" So at this point im not mad but im not happy either. I finally get him to come out and give me a towel so I can wipe it off. While wiping off the handle I noticed another hand print in thick oil on the fender, then on the other handle. One I can excuse, but 3 so far, come on. Well about half way home i ran my hand across the steering wheel only to find, you guessed it, more oil. Im kinda getting mad at this point but I didn't want to say or do anything in front of my daughter. I didnt really mess with the truck the rest of the week. Today I decided to wash it. While getting it sprayed down I found more hand prints, 1 on the drivers fender and 2 on the hood. I cleaned the oil spots off, which only ticked me off. To top off this wonderful experience, I started to clean the wheels and found every single chrome lugnut gouged and scratched. A couple are even rounded off. All this made me so mad I called the dealer to speak to the service manager, but had to leave a message cause they were closed. I cant believe they would let BS like this go back to the customer. If anyone is ever in the Little Rock Arkansas area dont take your truck to Fletcher Dodge off Hwy 67. The attitude of the service attendants is terrible and they could care less about your vehicle. (end rant)
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Location: El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY, Vieques, PR, and San Antonio, TX
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:71
Rec 26 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rec 26 Send a message via MSN to Rec 26 Send a message via Yahoo to Rec 26

Good looking out about telling us about this POS dealership.

I think we should start a thread of which dealerships to go to and which ones to avoid. I know I can name a few for both ends.... What says the rest of you guys?

2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab "SRT Hauler Mark I" (traded in)
2014 RAM 3500 Tradesman Crew Cab "SRT Hauler Mark III"
Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

To this day I dont understand why some people can't figure out the correct size socket to use on the lug nuts.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Austin Tan Pearl &Lt. Graystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
theweavman is on a distinguished road

At my first 3K mile service, my dealer was short on personel that day, so one guy was being rushed to do all their services.... First I found they spilled fresh engine oil all over my engine, and it had gotten onto my exhaust manifolds, and all i could smell was hot burning oil inside my new truck, when I parked it, oil was dripping onto the ground from all over the bottom of the engine compartment...great, I also saw the TECH service nitrogen filled tires with compressed air....not a good impression for my frist service experiance with this dealer.... I ended up, cleaning the entire eng. compartment and underneath myself, I called the service manager however, and he was very appologetic, and offered to do whatever it would take to make things right....Since then, I have not had anymore issues with this dealerships service dept.....They usually wash my truck prior to returning it to me also
Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 RC
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
USAF ram will become famous soon enough

This isn't the first time I've had problems from them. This just happen to be the worst and now the last.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Razorbackfan is on a distinguished road

Frank Fletcher Dodge has pretty poor customer service period. I have complained to the owner there before.
The whole area of dealerships is pretty jacked up. Northpoint Ford across the road is terrible also.

If you can make the drive, take your truck up to Red River Dodge in Heber Springs. It's a drive for you but I've bought 3 vehicles from them including the new truck I just bought yesterday. I paid 80 oil changes on my Cummins. It's a pretty small dealership but the owner is mid 30's and is really cool. All the employee's like working there and you will always be treated right.
The owners dad owns the used car dealership beside Gwatney in Jacksonville and I think they own the Harley dealership in NLR also.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
TxPride911 is on a distinguished road

I've had four dodges and now I'm on my 5th and from previous experience dealerships suck as far as service and repairs go. I'd rather pay a bum off the street to change my oil or do any of the work on my truck for that matter. Their crooks.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport crew cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue streak pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:80
JMS4218 will become famous soon enough

So about two weeks ago I traded in my very clean accident free 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with 35,000 miles in on a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn with 5.7l with 40,000 miles. I got what I thought was a good deal as I was pretty much able to trade the Charger for the Truck except for all the extra costs for extended warranty etc. I had some concerns about the truck as the left side exhaust appeared to be newer than the right. The exhaust was also louder than factory. Talked with my sales person and the sales manger regarding this and other little things about the truck. They told me that the previous owner put an aftermarket muffler on it and must have replaced the left side exhaust. So once again I asked them both separately if the vehicle had ever been in an accident. They both said no. So here is my dilemma.

The truck didn't have a trailer hitch and after trying to have one put in on thew deal that was going know where so I said screw it and bought the truck as I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. Bought a new Hitch the hole thing not the bolt on thing and put in on. I then noticed the Crash bar(hitch bar without hitch) had the dealers name on a sticker. After doing some further looking It was obvious that it was in an accident at some point. Longer story short I talked to my sales guy again now pretty angry and was told that yes in fact the truck had been in an accident but he didn't know until now after looking at a car fax report. At this time I kicking myself for trusting them and not requesting to see the car fax but I didn't. I went to the body shop and saw the pictures before the work was done. It was rear ended hard enough to cause $8,000 worth of damage but no frame damage. Now Im furious but stayed calm. Upon looking at the pictures I saw that the truck did come with a hitch and some other badging was missing or not put back on.

I like the truck but am pissed off having to find out about the accident myself. After all this I really wonder what kind of stuff they do there and how trust worthy they are along with what they do to vehicles and not tell you about.

I'm on the fence on what I'm going to do now. In a way it is my fault for not checking the car fax and doing some more homework on the truck before I purchased it but come on the sales manager had to have known about this as the truck was traded in to them by the original owner with the damage. They fixed the damage and put it on there lot for sale. I guess I know why I thought I was getting a good deal.

Last edited by JMS4218; 06-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

Wife and I had the same thing happen to us JMS...we picked up her '10 Charger back in Jan...but I didn't notice anything wrong with it until we were taking pictures and noticed the 3.5L badge on the drivers side was gone...then she mentioned a shimmy while braking...while washing it I noticed the hood has a gap on the left and right on the front end, but not in the middle where the latch is....they ran a carfax when we picked it up and there was nothing on it....so after I noticed all this I went back to the salesman and had them run another and even had him drive it, he noticed it, but it had been about a month after we bought it. He talked to the sales manager, but he pretty much blew me off. Tires don't seem to be wearing down or anything, so before we PCS I'll take it in and see if the rotors are warped. I even showed them the pictures that THEY had on the website with the 3.5L badge missing, but "carfax isn't showing anything, so I don't know what to tell you.".....
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport crew cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue streak pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:80
JMS4218 will become famous soon enough

I really want to go back and complaint to someone but I have a very strong feeling its going to fall on deaf ears. I also made an appointment to get some work done to a area they fixed as the paint pealed away on the under side of the rear fender behind the rear tire. Not major but I'm going to milk this to the end unless there willing to do something for me. I was there today as they preformed a flash update for the MDS and was barley able to keep my mouth shut but I did. My sales guy met me at service and was very apologetic. I really don't blame him. I mainly have my sights on the sales manager, but he wasn't in. Thought about bringing it back and getting my charger back but its past that return deadline. I'm not to concerned about that as I'm sure if I B*&^ch and moan enough there just going to want me gone. As oh now I'm going to try and stay cool and see what happens.