DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Color matched door handles

9K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  KennyPowers 
#1 ·
Does anyone have instructions on removing the chrome door handles to replace them with color matched ones? A DIY layout would be great. Thanks in advance.

#14 ·
1. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the door switch/bezel (1) from the door trim and disconnect the electrical connectors (2), if equipped

2. If equipped, remove the manual window crank (1) using a window crank removal tool (2)

3. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the mirror flag (4).
4. Remove the screw (2) and remove the interior handle bezel (3).
5. Release the plastic push pins (1).
6. Raise the trim panel (6) upward far enough to disengage the hooks on the back of the panel from the inner door and the door lock knob from the top of the panel.

7. Remove the service access plug (2) and disconnect the exterior handle linkages (1) from the latch.

8. Remove the bolts (1) and remove the exterior handle (2) from the door

9. Release the clips (1) and disconnect the linkages (2 and 3) from the handle

#17 ·
Hi guys. What am I missing here? My chrome door handles are just covers that are glued on. I lost the left rear door handle pull cover the other day, I think from a car wash. The cover on the left front door popped right off with gentle pressure. I plan to relpace them with painted handles - maybe from Jim's Auto Parts.

Sweet truck KennyPowers!
I am heading down the same road, chrome looks nice but it is a PITA. I had to replace a mirror so I upgraded them both to the signal/puddle lamp version. The replacements had chrome covers like my originals. I took the mirrors to a local bump shop and had the chrome painted to match the truck. They look great but I still need to hard wire the mirror lamps. I've already de-badged as well, the bumpers and grill will get replaced in time.

#18 ·
What color red is your truck? I have my original big horn door handles still. Obviously they're inferno red with the grip being chrome. I appreciate the kind words! I actually just traded her in last week! The dealership offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on her! I couldn't be happier with the new daily!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.