DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about
Default Chrome clad wheel polish/cleaner

The rims arn't exactly chrome, so I am unsure what the best stuff to use is.

I can't seem to get them sparkly clean, watermarks appear no matter how I dry them. Anyone have any stuff that makes the clad look great?

And what about the factory step rails, are those clad as well or stainless steel? What about getting the rails sparkly clean and waterspot free?
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

I just use good ol' soap and water on the wheels. Then dry with a microfiber towel. Usually cleans em' right up.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

For our chrome clad wheels the best thing I've found (and it would be hard to beat) is the Meguiar's quik wheel detailer, spelled just like that. It's a spray mist & wipe and it makes the wheels GLEAM! What I do is a full washing of my truck and the wheels but there is still dirt and water spots as you stated...so I then spray that stuff on the wheels and wipe down with a microfiber towel and the shine is insane. Amazon has a 6 pack of the stuff for like $4 a bottle shipped.

There is one problem and that is that the quik wheel detailer has been discontinued by Meguiar's but that's ok because Meguiar's ultimate quik detailer or any of their spray detailers work just as well on the Chrome Clad Wheels! I have like 6 bottles of the quik wheel detailer myself and when it runs out I'll just use one of the other meguiar's detailers which are mist and wipe as well. Awesome results with any of those!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 AM

sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammD View Post
For our chrome clad wheels the best thing I've found (and it would be hard to beat) is the Meguiar's quik wheel detailer, spelled just like that. It's a spray mist & wipe and it makes the wheels GLEAM! What I do is a full washing of my truck and the wheels but there is still dirt and water spots as you stated...so I then spray that stuff on the wheels and wipe down with a microfiber towel and the shine is insane. Amazon has a 6 pack of the stuff for like $4 a bottle shipped.

There is one problem and that is that the quik wheel detailer has been discontinued by Meguiar's but that's ok because Meguiar's ultimate quik detailer or any of their spray detailers work just as well on the Chrome Clad Wheels! I have like 6 bottles of the quik wheel detailer myself and when it runs out I'll just use one of the other meguiar's detailers which are mist and wipe as well. Awesome results with any of those!
Thanks man! Do they also happen to sell a after wash spray lol?

For example: Sometimes after I get done washing my truck and I drive it just for a day its got some dirt and I really don't want to wash it again. But I don't know anything good to use that I can spray and just wipe off some areas. Do they sell some detail spray for this?

So far my trucks got, meguires hot tire shine, meguires liquid wax, mequires ultimate compound, meguires seems to have a lot.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Go to autogeek.net and look around at various products. They are a major supplier to professional detailers.
Jay
Old 03-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Just filled in my missing washing supplies from walmart.

I will let you all know how the chrome polish turns out.

$2 Turtle wax chrome polish, $4 rain x window cleaner, $6 Armour all car wash, $7 McGuire's Mist and Wipe Detail Spray
Old 03-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

be sure to put up a nice clean pic when ur done
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

@ Sullivan,

Quote:
Thanks man! Do they also happen to sell a after wash spray lol?
Yes sir, they do! For $7 my guess is you got the regular detailer and not the ultimate quik detailer. The Ultimate quik detailer is a much better product, although both do the trick. Both are exactly for what you just specified...driving a couple of days after a wash where there really isn't much dirt..just dust you want to get off. I have a full California duster I use for that, but I also have several bottles of the Ultimate Quik detailer and NXT speed detailer..both by Meguiars and both do an awesome job.

And as I said, you can use those detailers on our wheels as well...they GLEAM afterwards. I wouldn't use the chrome polish on the wheels...as you already stated they aren't exactly chrome..they are chrome clad. The chrome polish is good on the exhaust tips and other areas but not the wheels. It is also far more time consuming. Just use the Meguiar's detailer after you wash and you can't get a better result. And on top of that, its QUICK....I do all 4 wheels in probably 5 mins and I do them thoroughly.

Last edited by RammD; 03-23-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy duty
Color: Silver
Rep:14
Canadianduck is on a distinguished road

I just jumped in on this topic and thanks guys, really good advice. I was wondering about the rims to.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Alright, so I washed my truck, 2 days in a row. I am going to go snap some shots before the sun sets. Shes purty clean.