DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 175hp
Rep:56
foolioGrimz will become famous soon enough
Default Drivers that are too fast and too slow

Why does it seem that 18 wheelers either go 50 or 90 on the highway? The highway to my house is a little two lane road and is a significant trucking route so I see this like every day. Either the driver's haulin it at 90 or ridin his top gear up and down hills hitting 65 down and slowing to like 40-45 uphill? 20 miles of that crap blows. The one thing i like about it is my exhaust is on the right side of the truck so I get to blast them with my glasspack when I pass them and it is really LOUD and what i hear is just whats reflected back from the cab of their truck. lol anyone else have slow driver rants? keep in mind the speed limit is 70 here. Also we get the mexican tour busses through here and they're always driving crazy fast. I guess its not just the trucks but theyre the harder to pass than regular vehicles.
mods-Ranch hand Brush guard, superchip tuner, 75 gal transfer tank, 4.10 gears with detroit locker, 305/70-16 BFG mudders, 2" lift, Chrome Edelbrock carb filter with throttle body mod, and a short glasspack.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:584
yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all

Could be worse, here in Ontario all the rigs have limiters on them so they don't exceed 100 km/h or 60 mph. This is for fuel conservation and all that green stuff. However when you get behind one guy trying to pass another guy it takes forever as 1 guy may be doing about 2-3 mph faster than the guy he is passing. You end up with long lines of traffic built up behind them....NOT FUN!!!

Kick the tires and light the fires!!!
14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Yea, and what about those following who are too afraid to pass the first offender!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:186
bamasport has a spectacular aura aboutbamasport has a spectacular aura about

try living here in alabama. I swear every person here goes 10mph under posted speed limit. its like they have speed limiters in all the cars and trucks!!! I have to come up with creative ways to pass them such as using turning lanes, the right side of the road, pretty much any way to get around them, i've taken. then if you try to pass some of these people, they get mad and speed up because you dont want to stay behind them. none-the-less they cant hang with the hemi when they try that. i could keep going on and on about the crappy drivers here, but you get the point.
3.92 rear axle, OEM 20" rims, 20% tint, Mopar wheel-to-wheel side steps, K&N drop-in air filter, LineX bedliner, OEM Tow hooks, Rampage Tailgate Light Bar, Borla Cat Back, 6" BDS lift, 35x12.50x20 Nitto trail grapplers, Custom painted interior, dodge slush mats
JON
Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

I am sorry to say this and I don't know about Canada, But there is a large percentage of Americans that when driving think well do not think that anyone else should be on the road and that they own the whole road. In other words they are unaware of any one else around them. Being aware that there is such a thing as lane discipline would help. In Oregon where I believe they passed a law that the outside lanes are for only overtaking on the freeway Do you think that makes any difference NO. Try driving in Europe without lane discipline and see the reaction of other drivers
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

If you think it's bad being behind that trucker going slow...try BEING the trucker behind the wheel pushing your rig and 40,000lbs of freight in a 53' trailer up a hill. Looking behind you and seeing that you are holding up traffic. Then some person who just doesn't seem to understand that you are going as quick as you can, blasts by you with a loud exhaust. I'll tell yah IT SUCKS! the gov't tells you, we want you to be green,so they castrate your truck. Then your dispatcher tells you to make it from point A to point B by tomorrow afternoon, but you can only drive for 13 hours, and you can only drive 100km/h. When you are late to arrive you deal with a cranky customer who is mad cause their freight is late, and for the price they are paying for shipping it could at least be there on time, and the only thing YOU as the driver can do is apologize to the customer for being late, meanwhile it wasn't your fault because you can't make it there doing only 100km/h in 13 hours.

Maybe next time as you pass the guy doing a reasonable speed give him a wave instead of cranking about it. Truckers need to be appreciated too. just my .02c
Remember on that truck is the clothing you wear, the parts you buy, and the food you eat. If it slows you down by 5 mins big deal.It give you more time in your RAM. Enjoy the drive!!
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!

Last edited by HerRam; 03-23-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Get em Juli!!! I'm not going to lie, I get aggravated by slow drivers. Especially if they are in the fast lane and going below the speed limit, that pisses me the hell off. I kinda have bad road rage though.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxHunting View Post
Get em Juli!!! I'm not going to lie, I get aggravated by slow drivers. Especially if they are in the fast lane and going below the speed limit, that pisses me the hell off. I kinda have bad road rage though.
I get that! LOL that's why there are 2 lanes. If you are in the Left lane you should be going faster than the people in the right...I too have road rage when it comes to certain things...Just have a soft spot for truckers. I work for a trucking company, and my dad has been a trucker my whole life, so....I kinda get a little protective of them. It's a tough job, and not one that I could do let me tell yah.
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
erm

Yep, all kinds of drivers around here. The LLB's (Left Lane Bandits) will be cited here for driving too slow in the overtaking lanes as will those who are going too fast.

I just wanna mount a 20mm recoilless cannon to the front frame rails of my truck and add a HUD unit so I can clear the left lane.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Yeah, that's understandable. Trucking is hard, so I don't hate.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.