DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about
Default Help me choose a leather color

I am getting Katzskin leather for my ram, and have been debating colors. I want something in the red,black or white scheme. My truck's white.

I would get all white, but I think it would get dirty easy? So I am thinking all black with red inserts and red stitching. Or all red seats, with white stitching.

I think all red seats with white stitching would just look sick IMO.

Based off the below photos, what would look good in the truck? The sub box in the back seat has two 12"s currently, when I get leather I will be ordering a Fox Acoustics Dual 12" under-seat enclosure. Its the best for my year.

Dash:

Currently has the factory sport seats.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

I think black with white center panels would be good, maybe some red stitching to throw that in too!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:637
sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

I like the white stitching idea ! Have you considered graphite, or gray with the red inserts ? I have a set of Katzkins on the way, I ordered them on the 3rd of Febuary and it's been a horrible wait ! I chose Grabhite with Orange/Barracuda inserts, Orange Stitching, and Katzkin logos on the seat-backs. Good luck with the color choice, and keep us informed !
Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 PM

sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8noregon View Post
I like the white stitching idea ! Have you considered graphite, or gray with the red inserts ? I have a set of Katzkins on the way, I ordered them on the 3rd of Febuary and it's been a horrible wait ! I chose Grabhite with Orange/Barracuda inserts, Orange Stitching, and Katzkin logos on the seat-backs. Good luck with the color choice, and keep us informed !
Oh wow, I love the idea of a dark grey, with red inserts, and red stitching. That is a possible idea!

Are you planning to install them yourself?
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM

sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

I am doing the install myself. I chose the graphite main color to keep a good flow with the rest of the interior but still look custom with the inserts and stitching. And I noticed we have the same color interior so I thought I'd throw the idea out there. I already have the back seats removed, and I'm working on a little foam repair on the drivers seat right now, they are supposed to arrive this week, and the weather is supposed to be wet so I'm preparing for fast and easy seat removal ! Are you also planning on install yourself ? There are a couple good write-ups on it in here.

Last edited by sk8noregon; 03-20-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8noregon View Post
I am doing the install myself. I chose the graphite main color to keep a good flow with the rest of the interior but still look custom with the inserts and stitching. And I noticed we have the same color interior so I thought I'd throw the idea out there. I already have the back seats removed, and I'm working on a little foam repair on the drivers seat right now, they are supposed to arrive this week, and the weather is supposed to be wet so I'm preparing for fast and easy seat removal ! Are you also planning on install yourself ? There are a couple good write-ups on it in here.
Yes, I do plan on installing them myself. The install cost labor wise is more then what the seats themselves will cost me. So It's no doubt I'll do this mod myself.

I plan on just buying a new drivers seat cushion, or are they easy to repair? Mine is pretty much cut through due to the poor seat design.

Where did you order from? On ebay I can get them for about $650 shipped.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Yes, I ordered mine through eBay for that price, a little more actually cause I ordered some extra material. Mind me asking who you ordered through ? I thought about purchasing a new cushion, then right before I did Someone posted a great thread on the repair and I'm going that way, much cheaper ! I'll look for the links and post them for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 PM

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...atzkin+install
Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...=seat+problems

These are a couple of very helpful threads for the both of us !
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM

I haven't ordered mine yet, its a summer mod for me. Just got done doing everything else on my truck though.
Thanks for the links! I read about the fix before, I think I might just get new foam though. Mine is bad.