DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
my opinion on the whole badge thing is......if your truck is not a r/t or a ss or whatever the case may be dont put the badges on there if you wanted a r/t you should of just bought one
Nothing special about an R/T ...just 4.10 Gears and a 2600 stall Torque Converter.

I NEED a 4x4 for Winter,
but Dodge doesn't make an R/T 4x4 for us Canucks.
So I took the best of both models and made my own

it was much easier/cheaper to mod a 4x4 to go faster than to add the transfer case and front drivetrain to an R/T

Nothing better than beating 4x4's on the snow and R/T's on the Track
...but dont worry, no stinking badges on my ride, I like the clean look.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 05-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
I NEED a 4x4 for Winter,
I know this is off topic, but you using the term Canucks brings up a painful experience i watched on the Ice last night, in the Preds-Canucks game...ugh lol
Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Nothing special about an R/T ...just 4.10 Gears and a 2600 stall Torque Converter.

I NEED a 4x4 for Winter,
So I took the best of both models and made my own

it was much easier/cheaper to mod a 4x4 to go faster than to add the transfer case and front drivetrain to an R/T

Nothing better than beating 4x4's on the snow and R/T's on the Track
...but dont worry, no stinking badges on my ride, I like the clean look.
ya i know what you mean i love the clean look also thats why there is none on mine either but how did you make yours faster than a r/t? what programmer are you using? i want to get one but worried about them leaving a footprint or erasing key counts shit like that can you pm me what your running and info on the tuner bud?
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
ya i know what you mean i love the clean look also thats why there is none on mine either but how did you make yours faster than a r/t? what programmer are you using? i want to get one but worried about them leaving a footprint or erasing key counts shit like that can you pm me what your running and info on the tuner bud?
If you're worried about warranty, then stay stock.
All tuners can "return a truck to stock" before you remove them for service/warranty work.

However! the dealers Star Scan will show the last time (and how often) your Ram's ECM/PCM was accessed,
and if they don't have record of doing it at the dealership level (and all dealers Star Scan's are linked to your VIN)
they will KNOW it was unauthorized.

Whether they void your warranty or not is up to them, and although they cant prove exactly what you did,
and erased...they still have a reason to suspect you were operating outside your vehicles stock parameters with a programmer and then trying to hide it.
I got that straight from a Chrysler Tech.

The other issue many don't consider is if your trucks computer goes down,
you may not even get the chance to unload your tune before taking it in.

I used a Bully Dog GT for most of last year, returned my truck to stock for an HVAC actuator controller flash RRT (K-17 I think),
and the dealership either never noticed, or if the did they didn't care. Perhaps it would have been different if I was in for something I broke though. Like a toasted transmission.

I've also tried a Superchip's Cortex, and most recently bought a Diablo Sport Trinity.
The Tuner is just part of the equation though, and having the right combo of mod's and a CMR Dyno Operator/Tuner to optimize everything to work in harmony is key to getting the best results.

Intake/Exhaust/Tuner/CatchCan/180şT-Stat is a good basic combo that will get low ET's (along with a good set of DR's for the track)
Dont want to run a smaller light weight dedicated Drag Radial?, then shell out $3k for 4.56 gear swap and a Detroit True Track

next stage is completely optional, and gets substantially more expensive (and risky),
Headers/Cam/Heads ...Then kiss your warranty goodbye for sure ...I'm not quite there............. yet

Pic's/slips from the RCSB 4x4 vs R/T (my Bud Adam) from last October's season closer.

Both Trucks with Bully Dog tuner, Airaid intake , Magnaflow/Flowmaster,
R/T 4.10:1 gears on 20's, me with 3.55's on 27" DR's (effective gear ratio of 4.30:1)

Slips:

Pretty darn close, in fact he didn't really beat me badly on ET until he swapped the same size DR's onto his R/T
But I still stole the win on a better reaction time

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 05-10-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:85
dwadestrick will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to dwadestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxHunting View Post
Yeah a lot of people pose nowadays, but they actually make 2WD z71s. If you look at the decal, if it is a 4x4, it will have 4x4 in small letters underneath the z71 graphic.
To my knowledge, Chevy did make 2wd Z71's. Depending on the year, the Z71 was just a package that consisted of Bilstein shocks, skid plates and the sticker. The older Z71 did have the 4x4 on the sticker, but I think they stopped that in the early 90's. I know from 1993 - 2005 the sticker didn't have the 4x4 on it. The sticker just said Z71 off road. There were some after market stickers with 4x4 people were using on there 4x4 trucks to make people think it was a Z71. To me, that is just as bad as putting 4x4 on a 2wd truck.

Changed:
Bak Flip F1, Performance Hood, Remote start
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the info blackramhemi!!! appreciate it....and sorry for the thread jack
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 ram sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:20
ekmike is on a distinguished road

i know i have a 2wd with a 6"lift and 33" but i dont go saying that i have a 4x4 with some stickers on her, it would be like if i had a fiero and saying that i have a ferrari lol
Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:100
wester399 will become famous soon enoughwester399 will become famous soon enough

Z71 ....Z06/51 on corvettes z24 on cavaliers and so forth are just the chevy upgraded suspension package. If a z71 is 4x4 the decal will have z71 with a 4x4 after ....all thte z is is an upgraded suspension package.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

thats not entirely true, I don't know anything about the z71, but the z06 vette also gets a big block, and it is actually an entirely different car, from the base platform all the way up. Also the z24 comes with i believe a 2.4L instead of the 2.2L, and like you said suspension and ground effects, etc..... (I'm a bowtie guy at heart)

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
TxPride911 is on a distinguished road

I agree. Completely ridiculous. Ive seen more Ford Lightning posers than anything. Pretty ridiculous!