DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Public Safety

Notices

Public Safety Special Interest Group for Police/Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS Personnel! - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'm sure there are plenty more out there.
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I have had my fair share of being wrong and remember a case many years ago when I had a modified Pontiac T/A and had been out with friends. Driving back to college campus I hit it a little hard and the back end got a little loose. I was quickly stopped and given a sobriety test, they took me in and an officer drove my car in. After an hour or so they let me go after passing all tests. They let me know they really just wanted to drive my "arrest me red T/A." I let them know next time just ask for a drive.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Many, many years ago when they had just introduced bus lanes I was traveling down Putney hill which had been two lanes now reduced to one with the bus lane taking the inside lane. I wanted to turn left on to a back street where I was working { remember in England you drive on the left} traffic is backed up so I decide to go down the bus lane. Out steps Mr Policeman walking up the hill and stops me. " what do you want?" I ask in a gruff intolerant voice. " You are not supposed to be driving in a bus lane" I respond in the same voice "I am turning left to my job round the corner, and if you are worried about the traffic I'm blocking the road so let me pull round the corner" I pull round the corner " where is your tax " he asks "Have't got any " I reply in the same tones. " when did you last tax this Vehicle? " he asks " at least 6months ago." i reply offhandedly . we look at each other for a minute or two { remember this England so we are standing toe to toe not stuck in my car as I would be In America} he is not quite sure how to deal with this " Just go" he tells me.

Even though my attitude was unwarranted then as now and I would't get away with that here as well as England today. Things have changed some for the better and some not so good. What I do see is a growing divide between a lot more of the general public and those with those who hold any official form of authority, and that needs to be addressed, and the reasons for that discussed with an open mind as apposed to the defensive attitude which usually happens.

A little antidote, On the same hill a buddy of mine is driving up the hill with his girlfriend in rush hour going home.The traffic is stop go, they are engrossed in conversation, Bang they hit the back of a banged up builders van, in the back of this van is several guys packed in the back door opens they pile out. Out comes one dripping paint from his barnet {hair} I don't know what ensued but I know Mark was a really dry guy who could side step an unpleasant situation at the same time you would not want to mix with him. It must have been really funny to be a bystander and witness it.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Metallic Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
918Dodge is on a distinguished road

See, we're not all bad!!!

2010 Ram1500/SLT/RCSB/+Hemi
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Well Howdy young lady! (tipping Stetson) LOL
Jay
Hi! LOL
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:10
SCHP52Ram is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone
I havent had a whole lot of runins with other officer but I will share a story about a stop I made one afternoon. I was on patrol and stopped a lady for speeding here in SC on highway 49. When I got up to the vehicle she was already crying. The first thing she said to me was I know I was speeding and handed me her license and registration. She was crying so hard that I ask her if she was ok. Then she told me why she was speeding. Her mom was in a nursing home and she was trying to get there to spend time with her since the doc had said, she was not going to live long. Well I had heard a lot of stories in my 25 years on the road but I felt this lady was tell me the truth, so I warned her and went on my way. About two weeks went by and my supervisor called me and said he had a card for me and would I come get it, The card was from this lady and she thanked me and my Captain for the job I had done and explained how her mom had passed. This letter explained to me why we in law enforcemnt do what we do. its all about the service to others. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I agree----One "Thank You" seemed to erase alot of the "pig this and pig that" comments we used to hear.
Jay
Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Uktitus....I agree. There is a huge rift that has been developing between our nation's LEOs and the public they serve for some time now. I think it is due to several reasons including LEO response to the growing number of dangerous criminals on our streets, poorer hiring standards resulting in a higher number of subpar LEOs (or bad apples), and ignorance on the part of the public as to what most LE agencies do and why. I don't mean stupidity or lack of intelligence mind you, just not knowing.

I don't have a story to tell really but I can say this. I admire the people who understand that we aren't all hardass badge heavy ticket nazis, lol. Yeah, we have a job to do. But I am extremely respectful to everyone I encounter on the job unless they give me a valid reason not to be. I've made less enemies and dealt with more cooperative subjects that are actually willing to talk to me even if they have broken the law because I treat them like a person. I don't write tickets any more (new assignment) but when I did it was my common practice to reduce every speeding ticket I wrote to 9 over (very helpful here in NC) regardless of the actual speed. The only exceptions were the people who lied to me and told me they had no record and then I see they had a speeding ticket last month or the ones that were total jerks for no good reason. I never expected anyone to call me sir (Officer so-and-so will do just fine or by my first name if we really hit it off) or to fall at my feet because I have a badge and gun. Just talk to me like you would like to be talked to and be honest and we will get along just fine.

Thanks for starting this thread and for all the positive comments.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Starquestbd Thanks for your comments.On the I got a ticket thread I posted a couple of negative comments about my experiences with the Seattle police, or should I say different attitude positive and negative and I can only put that down to training and or interpretation of that training.
Yesterday my wife and I went to a park on Lake Washington since I came to Seattle this park has been developed and is developing. Sports fields, dog walk area, Wet lands,and areas left for the natural habitat.This is fantastic. But what is downer for us Signs everywhere stating draconian financial punishments for breaking the city councils Bylaws.
I came from an area in SW London next to Richmond park, There are commons which is public land run generally by the local authorities for the National Trust all around this area. As a kid growing up these areas where never used the way they are today. They were like our own private land, today the public really utilises the facilities. You see people hiking, ridding bikes, walking doge of leads, organized sports played, Horse Ridding as well as Dear in Richmond park. Generally one unobtrusive sign as you enter of the bylaws.

Do Americans need these laws because they cannot react well with each other, or are the laws creating situations which don't have to be? I personally see a fearful society, a defensive society, and these are creators of negative reactions. It certainly does not have be because it is a great land.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

Ive never had a case where I wasnt let off or had the punishment reduced from doing stupid stuff as a kid to speeding and underage drinking a little respect is always appreciated by cops. My theory is they have so many people be dicks to them all day and so many people who think they are just there to harass them that when you realize they are doing their job and that you were prob doing something wrong any way and give them some respect like they deserve they will level with you and help you out my .02 thanks to the cops and leo's on this board for cleaning up society and putting yourselves at risk