DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:11
Gene K is on a distinguished road
Default Sirius Bait & Switch

How many people have had a problem with the SiriusXM Bait and Switch on included 1 year subscription?

They sent me a letter claiming my subscription ran out after just 90 days. I called and they still claimed 90 days. I checked all my paperwork and called back and after initially claiming it was for 90 days got them to admit it was supposed to be for 1 year. They gave me the initial 3 months + an additional 12 months for 15 months total.

I wonder how many people fall for that 90 days line...

Last edited by Gene K; 03-31-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

it worked in my wifes Charger when we got it....but I didn't sign up for anything...it stopped, but now I get stuff in the mail from them...they really don't play anything different than what I have on my phone with Pandora or Slacker....
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
erm

They tried the same thing with me on my SRT. I ended up getting a full 12 months from date of activation (I activated it so I know exactly when I turned it on) and they DID NOT get a renewal.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
bighorn10 is on a distinguished road

had my truck for 8 months and still have sirius, although i have only listened to it a few times.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:56 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

I got my full year, but after that I tried to sign up for an additional 3 month and they played so many shady games (end up triple charging me at one point) I ended up cancelling the 3 months early and switched to listening to pandora on my phone.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I guess that I've been fortunate. I've never had any problems with Sirius. I recently renewed 3 different radios for a total of about $185 for 12 months.

I had gotten a renewal offer on the wife's Challenger that stated $77 for 12 months, so I called them. They agreed that they would renew for that amount. I then began asking questions about multiple radio discounts etc. They transferred me to about 4 different people, and I finally ended up with a supervisor who then transferred me yet again to someone who could hook me up.

I posted the phone number that this person told me to call whenever I was up for renewal. She flat out told me to ignore all notices and to call her department directly as that department could always give a better deal. I think it was called something like "customer retention department" and even better the call center wasn't located in Dubai.

Here is the thread that I posted previously on the "deal" that I got

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill

Last edited by Excoastie; 04-01-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added a link
Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

Had Sirius in my 2008...no issues...if you call when you get the renewal notice and tell them your going to cancel it they cut you a 1/2 off deal...that's what I did.

Only have the 2011 a month now so we'll see if they try anything.... I happen to like the Sirius. I have a dull phone that only makes calls and does text.....

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

I don't suspect this is a "bait & switch." Sirius does have plans that are on new cars for 90 days, and some which are up to 12 months. On my Ram I have a 12 month plan even though I purchased a lifetime plan with them 5 years ago and have listened to it driving across country multiple times and didn't lose signal in ANY state. Sirius doesn't know I have the lifetime plan right now as I have no reason to transfer my lifetime plan as I get a year free anyway. I got my Ram in July of 2010 so in July of this year, my 12 month free subscription will run out and i'll simply transfer over my lifetime plan.

I have not received any calls from Sirius in the 9 months I've had my Ram. It's great and there are stations that play really great music you can't find on terrestrial radio like Chill 35, for example.

There are so many contracts with millions of subscribers In some cases it's like Sirius could get confused on a vehicle that has a 90 day plan and who has a 12 month plan. I've read a lot of articles over the years on Sirius and this is the first i've read where this has happened. Just by sheer numbers things like this will occur, but it's rare.

Last edited by RammD; 04-01-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: Sport, Crew, 4x4
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:24
pgh234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sirius doesn't know I have the lifetime plan right now as I have no reason to transfer my lifetime plan as I get a year free anyway.
While you may have some special circumstance that I am not aware of...I am almost 100% certain that all "lifetime" plans are only for the life of the piece of equipment that you purchased it for. You cannot simply transfer a lifetime plan to your stock head unit in your Ram. The only way to accomplish this is to swap out the old head unit from your old car and put it in your Ram.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4x4 QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
FingerBang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh234 View Post
While you may have some special circumstance that I am not aware of...I am almost 100% certain that all "lifetime" plans are only for the life of the piece of equipment that you purchased it for. You cannot simply transfer a lifetime plan to your stock head unit in your Ram. The only way to accomplish this is to swap out the old head unit from your old car and put it in your Ram.
you can switch 3 times, there may or may not be a charge depending on who you talk to, the phase of the moon and how many seagulls are in your backyard at the time.

but, yes, you can switch receivers.