DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: slt outdoorsman
Color: green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:137
pjs1660 will become famous soon enoughpjs1660 will become famous soon enough

gt i heard it was a replacement cover i called the dealer's service dept to see if they had the part the sent me to parts dept. the guy there didn't know about the recall but checked and found that he had 2 new covers in stock and that he could only order 2 a week, he pulled one off the shelf, put my name on it and stuck it in his desk so it was sure to be there for me on tues. so far they seem pretty good to deal with considering i didn't buy my truck there i told them i had issues with the place i bout it from and was looking for a dealership i can have a long relationship with. they are a recently reopend store so i think they are trying to rebuild a customer base.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELFATKAT View Post
So what does the flash do? I know you are modifying the computer settings, but what do you get out of it? Does ity simply get rid of the exclamation mark? info will show up on the dash info center

Where did you get the controller. I called my dealer and they said "back ordered." i got it from mopar-wholesale a month or so it was about $95 for the control and $6 for the bezel

I know there have been a few threads, but all the links that get posted do not go to a specific page, but to just a site and none of the part numbers that have been posted take me to a specific part. i think i either just put the part #s in but if i did need a year i put in 2010 control #56029431ag blak bezel #1eb13xdvaa

I really would rather have the factory one instead of some little box hanging under my dash, but is it worth the price? i think it is guys were paying about $160 for the parts a while ago i think it looks great and got tired of wacking my knee on the aftermarket one

I will be hauling a travel trailer as well.

Thanks, and good job digging into the problem. KISS right! Keep it Simple Stupid! Not calling you stupid, but thats the saying right...lol that's ok i've been called alot worse
i haven't towed on the road yet but it seemed to work the brakes well in the driveway
Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:53
cudase will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELFATKAT View Post
So what does the flash do? I know you are modifying the computer settings, but what do you get out of it? Does ity simply get rid of the exclamation mark?

Where did you get the controller. I called my dealer and they said "back ordered."

I know there have been a few threads, but all the links that get posted do not go to a specific page, but to just a site and none of the part numbers that have been posted take me to a specific part.

I really would rather have the factory one instead of some little box hanging under my dash, but is it worth the price?

I will be hauling a travel trailer as well.

Thanks, and good job digging into the problem. KISS right! Keep it Simple Stupid! Not calling you stupid, but thats the saying right...
The flash lets you set the controller brake level using the steering wheel controls and will display the info on the EVIC.

I bought mine from mopar-wholesale.

Controller Part #56029431AG
BLACK bezel Part #1EB13XDVAA

Search for part # and you need to set the make to dodge.

The factory controller doesn't work as well as a good aftermarket one, and won't work with electric over hydraulic. The braking feels soft compared to what a good aftermarket controller can provide. However, I still like it as it is integrated and I have never felt unsafe pulling the trailer
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Let us know just what the dealer does with the rear end repair

i wonder if they are just going to remove the cover & drill a hole in the rear cover & stick a push in plastic or rubber plug into it & fill it back up with fluid

i don't think that they will pull the cover & drill 2 holes & thread them, one for a proper drain with a magnetic plug & a threaded fill hole up at the level of the axle shafts where it belongs, so that gear oil can get out to the axle shaft bearings out by the shaft ends
here is a pic of the new reae end cover

Last edited by pjs1660; 04-13-2011 at 07:35 PM.