DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 95' Jeep YJ on 38s --Sold--
Color: Black
Rep:10
SuthrnRAM is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Sport Reg vs. Quad cab

Hey yall, fairly new here on the forum, had my jeep yj for years, and have an 04 350z which I had a big suv prior. I am looking to get back into a big vehicle with a bit more space. My question is. I have always loved the dodge rams, in 04 almost bought a ram sport, but went with the coupe for better gas miledge and better price point then. Now I am back looking again, and for some reason I just love the regular cab sport 4x4 ram! What is everyones thoughts on a reg cab versus a quad cab? Seems the regular cab looks a bit sportier, easier to park. The quad has the extra room if I had to carry a couple extra peeps, which I rarely do. So would the regular cab be ok for traveling and such being just myself or with gf?
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Cdncarnut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnRAM View Post
Hey yall, fairly new here on the forum, had my jeep yj for years, and have an 04 350z which I had a big suv prior. I am looking to get back into a big vehicle with a bit more space. My question is. I have always loved the dodge rams, in 04 almost bought a ram sport, but went with the coupe for better gas miledge and better price point then. Now I am back looking again, and for some reason I just love the regular cab sport 4x4 ram! What is everyones thoughts on a reg cab versus a quad cab? Seems the regular cab looks a bit sportier, easier to park. The quad has the extra room if I had to carry a couple extra peeps, which I rarely do. So would the regular cab be ok for traveling and such being just myself or with gf?
I did not need the extra room out back for the peeps either and love the look of the RC Sport, but occasionally need room for a 3rd person and the RC Sport only comes with buckets and console.

I compromised and ordered a RCSB SLT with the bench seat.
Now I have room for 3 if I need it and I think it looks nicer than the Sport because of the bright bumpers and grill.

It is also easier to maneuver through traffic and parking lots.

Good luck with your decission.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:52
sdram03 will become famous soon enough

personally, i'd go with the QC. I've got an RC now and wish i had waited for a QC. My previous truck was a QC and i MISS THAT TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so does my wife. i get better gas mileage with that truck (4.7l w/ 3.92 LSD and 20's) than my current one (5.9l w/3.55 NON-lsd and 17's(?)). i drove lots of trips long distance with the QC and i can tell that i'm gonna miss the extra space. makes it kinda hard to put a bike in the back and still have room for gear with the RC.

If i was you, get the QC. more room to put luggage and whatnot SECURELY (unless ya got a toneau or some such thing) and better ride. next truck will MOST definitely be a QC or CC or whatever they call it at that time.

good luck on whatever you get and ENJOY!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

this is my third ram, but my first reg cab. the kids are grown and i didn't need the extra seat. wife and i are very comfortable in the reg cab. if we need more room, we can always use her grand cherokee. in the end you will have to decide whatt suits your needs.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram RC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:71
Get Bit will become famous soon enough

I have had 3 rams, 03, 04 and 05. 2 of them were QC and my currnet one is a Reg Cab sport. I really did not need the room of the QC and I like the looks of the Reg cabs. If you don't need the room for extra people, then go with the RC. We also have a Denali if there is a need to haul more than 2 people.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 95' Jeep YJ on 38s --Sold--
SuthrnRAM is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the input so far! Still weighing my options. Majority of the time it's just me driving around, if I go on a trip may bring the gf with. Rarely carry alot of friends in the car, so no worries there. I do like the idea of getting the bench seat option just in case you might want to carry an extra person, although guess it wouldn't be very comfortable to ride in the middle for too long, just a quick ride.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
clintsharley is on a distinguished road

i have had a number of regular cab dodge trucks over the years.. with the new ram, i thought about the quad cab, went to the dealer and had a look, then looked at the new regular cab, to my suprise, there is a lot of room behind the seats, I was sold on the regular cab.. ordered a regular cab, deleted the center console and had the little seat installed.. just in case of the third person.. i snowmobile, with the sled in the back of the truck.. I still have enough room behind the seats for my gear.. including the helmets.. in my opinion.. the regular cab looks better.. my truck is the regular cab short box .. the attention I get from the truck is unreal..
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

I love the looks of the RC, my first Ram was an 02 RC and it was one good looking truck.

If you don't need to haul more than 2 people you can always get nice bed cover to secure you belongings, like a big ol trunk.

Plus, it seems like everyone, not just Ram drivers are opting for CC/QC/ or EC's. My advice is to get an RC and be a little different than everyone else.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:60
stangallmotor will become famous soon enough

Get the R/T, they only come in RC and are completely badass!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

i say get the regular cab bud they are sweeeeeeeeeet and im in the same position as you if there is anyone else in my truck its the gf 95% of the time they look sweeet and they are bad ass comfy to drive in also and they are faster than the quad cabs and stuff with tons of power and thanks for the pm you sent and yes there are more mods coming i just gotta wait till thursday to get the last one for now and then you will see pics!!!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,