DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4 5.7H
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Two Tone - Grey/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
pieece is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 5" Lifted shocks on 2" Leveling Kit!?

Well here we go again... More minor issues to solve!

03 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 OR

Well I had the truck leveled long ago. 2" torsion bar keys. Always had a shock bolt break loose with the shocks that came on it... Untill I finally wised up and put stainless bolts in the shocks. Long story short, I could tell that it was working but was also bending the bolts some and putting lots of stress on the eye on the shocks. Finally the eye hole broke. Should of seen that coming... HAHA!

Moving right along... went to local shop where they always treat me good... and if I have any problems with these busting to come back... Ordered shocks for my truck with a 2" leveling kit. Yep this worked great for about two weeks. (No suspension flexing for these two weeks). Next thing I know I do some off roading flexing the suspension to the max... checked the shocks after I was done riding around... busted bolts.., shocks just hanging there.

Back to my local shop... Those busted so he called up to some bigger hauncho.... Buddy of mine told the whole story to the guy on the phone, says lets try these 5" Lifted shocks on this 2" leveled truck.

Keep in mind, this only happens when my suspension flexes to extremes.
Also keep in mind my truck has never hit the rubber bump stops since the leveling kit was added.
Also nothing is worn in the front end.

Anyhow, installing shocks tomorow. Will take pics of the old shocks i already took off... and of the new ones. And will let everyone know how they work out!!

& if anyone has any incite on why this is happening please due tell, I'm open to all ideas at this point, tired of putting shocks on.
17" Eagle Rims/2" Leveling Kit/33" Nitto Terra Grapplers/Billet Grille/K&N CAI/SUPERCHIP/-5% Tint/Black Chrome Running Boards/Black Chrome Light Bar/Behind the Grille Running lights - HALOS/4 100W KC Daylighters - Black/Fire-Ice Bar/Recon Smoked LED Cab Lights/Electronic Safe/
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QC LB
Rep:10
Schmitz is on a distinguished road

I'm think your bump stops need dropped some but I'm not sure that sounds to me like the main problem
2005 Dodge 2500 4x4 QC LB Hemi, 6 inch lift, 37" Cooper Discoverer STT's, Bully Dog programmer, K&N cold air intake performance throttle body, true duals, debadged.... Soon to come 4.56s and wheels, maybe more lift.
1980 Chevy K20 4x4 9 inches of lift 37" Boggers, 402 BBC, 4 spd, D60, 14ff.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4 5.7H
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Two Tone - Grey/Silver
Rep:38
pieece is on a distinguished road

Well, got the 5" lifted shocks on today! Rides so much better.

Did a little 4-Wheeling.... just to flex the suspension. Nothing to extreme yet. Not busted bolts or shocks as of yet.... but we will see if it does happen!

Probably happen in a week or two...
Thats how my luck goes...
17" Eagle Rims/2" Leveling Kit/33" Nitto Terra Grapplers/Billet Grille/K&N CAI/SUPERCHIP/-5% Tint/Black Chrome Running Boards/Black Chrome Light Bar/Behind the Grille Running lights - HALOS/4 100W KC Daylighters - Black/Fire-Ice Bar/Recon Smoked LED Cab Lights/Electronic Safe/