DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
ZDOG
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 08-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram ThunderRoad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
WIKD RAM is on a distinguished road
Default New Tire Fitment

Alright, I'm gonna lay it all out here and hope to get some responses and sound advice...

My truck is a 2006 SLT 4x4 Thunder Road edition. It just turned over 58,000 miles. The Cooper Zeon LTZs in 275/60R20 are on their last legs and I am also going to level it with the Bilstein 5100s, front and back.

This truck is driven less than 5,000 miles a year and I do not off road with it. A muddy dirt road with some potholes is as crazy as it gets.

I am leaning towards the Mastercraft MXTs in 305/55R20 or the 35x12.5s. Now I have done a lot of research and homework on this and I know that there is no way that I can run these tires on my stock wheels without clearance issues on the upper control arms. I will have to use hubcentric spacers/adapters. I have researched that as well and it seems that the Bora ones from motorsport-tech.com seem to be a favorites. I am planning on also installing some pocket style Bushwacker flares on as well. It says that they sit out 2".

The Mastercrafts have a section width of 12.5. The Zeons have a section width of 10.8. SO, the new tires will be approximately 7/8" wider on either side than the Coopers. Add a 1" spacer and my tires will now be sitting approximately 1 7/8" further out while giving me ample clearance of the control arm. Now if I add the Bushwhackers at 2" wide, I am thinking/hoping that the setup should look pretty sharp...

OK, sorry of all this info and rambling. What I am wondering is if anyone here is running a similar setup and if so, how is it working? Any pics? Tire reviews? Friendly advice? 305s or 35s?

The truck needs to be inspected by the end of September but I want o pull the trigger on everything now and get it ready. Any pics, advice, warnings, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by WIKD RAM; 08-21-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored links