DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
magazine is on a distinguished road
Default My 06 has been a good truck

I bought my 2006 new in June of 2007 and put 32k miles a year on it. I've got over 125k miles now. I had a front wheel bearing go bad and it wasnt covered even though there was a recall on the front wheel bearing due to not applying enough grease on the 06's. I had the transmission flushed after 100k and it didnt have any buildup at all, fluid was still clear. I've changed the oil every 5k miles myself, never took it anywhere to have it done. I tend to drive a truck easy although I pull a tandem axle trailer with a hot pressure washer and tanks, probably 5000 lb. trailer. It does tick and knock some when I first start it up in the morning but after 15-30 seconds, it stops. Driver seat is worn pretty good on the outside edge and I'd love to find a new oem bottom seat cover and foam. Overall, its been a great truck no real problems whatsoever. I have no idea how many more miles I can get out of it. The only maintenance I've done is oil changes and air filters, a trans flush, front end alignments, and rear differential oil change once.

Anyone know of any other maintenance I might have done to get another 125k out of her?
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2011, 01:09 AM
erm

Plugs & wires would be one.

Replace EGR valve

Clean throttle body

Lube body mounts

Lube all wheel bearings.

As long as you keep servicing those boxes you have quite a few miles left. What you will start experiencing is wear parts and replacement items starting to mount up a bit on you. But it sounds like you have done a good job of keeping up with the major services.

I would not go beyond 30k miles on differential services or 50K miles for the trans service. I suggest you shorten your intervals there.

Good luck!