DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Austin tan
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
teachnomore is on a distinguished road
Default The Good News....

Just to update you all-

Took my truck to the dealer today and they are going to give me brand new side steps!!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders1986 View Post
i didnt even need to polish mine after, the came back looking like new! i just used meguiars all wheel cleaner (pink bottle) and 0000 steel wool, done my exhaust tips as well, looks new!
im gonna try this cuz i got a few spots on mine aswell and they have only been through this winter!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:78
saunders1986 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
im gonna try this cuz i got a few spots on mine aswell and they have only been through this winter!!!
do your exhaust tips 2! prepare to be amazed!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
rick980 is on a distinguished road

One of mine fell off! The riv nuts ripped right out......not gonna say who was getting in but the two of them need to lose a few pounds.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram
turk1270 is on a distinguished road

my pass side ripped off too and the person wasnt overweight and because i was past the 36000 miles it wasnt covered
Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Wow so surprised the dealer is replacing both running boards since they discovered they were originally not installed properly. The one that fell off tore the metal on the truck but that was all welded, got the truck all oil sprayed again after, and shot inside boards. What I do not get is my boards are pitted slight very but all I did was go in not expecting them to even put the one back on for free but they did more the put 2 new ones on. I think they a slightly different, or just mounted closer to the front or something. Anyway all fixed for free, last month they replaced my chrome clads, heck I have a brand new looking truck. It's kinda sad though, mixture of quality the chrome clads corroding and the boards falling off...poor workmanship from the original dealer. Well I guess things will never change. I have a friend who said he is fighting with BMW over 2 year old 5 something series and the exhaust rusted thru but only on one side, they claim he hit something and scraped it causing the metal to start to rust, is stainless just a coating? I thought is was right thru, It might be a Mercedes I don't hang around with him he just pops by once in a while, wait no its is an Audi because I said to him once nice Beemer he quickly corrected me. My son just reminded me of this while reading my texting asking for money. I think it is whether you get you service done there or just warranty work I think. I get 99 percent except I don't buy tires there but I might start...at GM they had some good sales a while back. I buy my air filters, cabin filter, bulbs stuff like that at automotive stores, dealer really marks up some pretty low grade parts in my opinion like the cabin filter over 20 bucks I got one with charcoal for just over 10 at Napa. So things like that, are already done when they check them, if they are totally scuzzy which rarely happens something gets forgotten then heads role first of all then I would let them change it.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
HotWheels is on a distinguished road

I have a rust spot problem with my bumpersas well. I took it in to the dealer and they told me it was the harsh Canadian winter that caused it and that they could sell me a bottle of chromb cleaner. Needless to say I am getting a second opinion.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram crew cab 4x4
Trim Level: slt plus
Color: black
Chris Lytle is on a distinguished road

Same problem with my 2009. Front bumper had rust marks all over it. Dealer told me to come back in a week or two because they were to busy. I just polished it. Fought with dealer for over a year with the side step. They finally replaced them last fall, but only after blowing one of my tires when they rubbed it against there host.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM

While I was there i over heard a few guys talking about rusty front bumpers, wow that is amazing my 98 Dakota had a Black bumper and it rusted if a bug hit it, was replace twice in a year , third time they just painted it themselves, and solved the issue. I have a good relationship with my dealer, I don't mess around and when it's my fault I let them know. There were some chips in the drivers side window tint they showed me how if you let the seat belt go to quickly it can hit the window and chip the tint. 40 bucks to replace...fair enough. They do hand washing and waxing there which is great for winter, then when things like the rims corrode etc. can't tell me it was from the way I wash it. But seriously years ago I dealt with them and quit because they were like all the other dealers, giving you a hard time on obvious warranty issues. Now they have been stripped of the idiots there and all seems to be good. I use the same Service Advisor, he knows what he is talking about or will go get a tech to look at it right on the laneway...so many times the problem can be fixed right there in minutes instead of making appts. then going back then find out you need parts and then go back. They have tried it seems to lower you trips back for the same issue.

Last edited by rick980; 04-18-2011 at 05:35 PM.