Underhood lamp with sport hood? - Page 6 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Dodge Dakota Dodge Durango Dodge Nitro Jeep
Diesel Forums!
Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Jeep Forum
Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Magnum
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Magnum Forum

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Place your Ad Here!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

I just got back from my Dodge dealer to finalize the purchase of my new Ram. 2011 Sport, no light.

At least reading this forum before I went in I didn't expect to see it there so I can't be disappointed I guess.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Rep:115
HoosierHemi will become famous soon enoughHoosierHemi will become famous soon enough

GOT THIS EMAIL AFTER ASKING WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED:

Dear Eric:

Thank you for your reply to the Ram Customer Assistance Center.

Our resources show that the Luxury Group Includes overhead console, sun
visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, rearview auto-dimming mirror,
power heated mirrors (SLT only), universal garage door opener, glove box
lamp, ashtray lamp, underhood lamp, rear dome lamp with on/off switch
and leather-wrapped steering wheel. This is sales code ADAS [mine came with this code per their build sheet].

If you vehicle did not come with any of the options listed above we
suggest contacting your selling dealership for further assistance.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sam

Customer Service Representative
Ram Customer Assistance Center

LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO DEALER WITH THIS IN HAND!

2011 Black 1500 Sport QuadCab 4x4

Old 05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 DODGE RAM CREW 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: SLT
Color: SILVER
Rep:10
jdshemi is on a distinguished road

No sport hood, but have light!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram sport
Trim Level: sport 4X4 Reg cab
Color: white
my11ram is on a distinguished road

I went back to the dealer today to talk to the service manager, took my info that I received from the owners site and also a copy of Hoosier Hemi"s reply from owners site (two opinions are better than one) and after much discussion and being told that those "Customer Service Reps" don't know what they're talking about finally agreed to give me the light and wiring harness. They need to order the parts and will notify me when they come in. They said that they had never needed to order these parts before, but perhaps with all of the missing lights out there they'll get some practice. So if you have the ADAS light group and no light, I'd say go for it!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Color: Black
Rep:115
HoosierHemi will become famous soon enoughHoosierHemi will become famous soon enough

I went into the service department (about 2 minutes before they were to close so it was a ghost town) and the guy said he never had anyone come in with this issue. He seemed to be interested in my print outs from ram reps and said he would need to let his manager look it over and get back to me in a day or two. I took his business card and will follow up with him if he doesn't on his own (usually they'll forget or hope you give up and never call). I'll keep ya'll posted!

2011 Black 1500 Sport QuadCab 4x4

Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Color: Silver
Chris11Ram is on a distinguished road
Default Build Sheet?

Where do you find your build sheet? Is this info on your sticker?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 PM

@chris11ram, You can go to dodge.com/ownersignup and register your VIN code, then ask for a list of options included as built. They'll send you everything that should be on your truck. They are very helpfull. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
pgienger is on a distinguished road

Hrm, I wish this discussion would have come up before I bought my parts... For you guys that are getting your hood lights comped by the dealer, don't forget to ask about the upper glove-box light... one is supposed to be in there too according to the package. Go look at a Laramie on the lot.

In any case, if your dealer is being an arse, or you just buy the stuff and want to put it in, it's pretty simple. The glovebox light you just reach in and pop out the D shaped blank on the upper left corner of the glove box. The wiring harness is plugged in to the back of it. You may need to release the clips, look at the light assembly in your hand to figure out where to use a screwdriver to push the clips back. Attach the wire and push the light back in.

The hood light is a little more interesting. Route the wire first. Pull a couple of the pins out of the hood liner so you can reach in between it an the hood. Route the wire in the groove that looks like the wire should go in there. IIRC you want to curl the wire towards the front of the hood and then back to the light again. If you're doing it right the attached trees will just fall in place with the holes in the hood and I think in the firewall. There's a blank in the cowl area of the firewall that you need to take out and I believe insert another tree from the harness. When you plug in the light you need to put a tree in the flap of the light then close it all onto the hole in the hood. It should be fairly obvious by looking at the parts how it all has to go together. Remember the plug goes to the front(up). To plug it in, the factory harness is on the side of the passenger fender, with a red dust plug in the end. You have to pull the lock back far enough (toward the wire end of the connector) and the plug should just about fall out.

Sorry I don't have any pics, I did it all a while ago, before this conversation started. It's pretty easy since everything is engineered to be there from the factory and is intended to be put together in a couple of minutes before the liner goes on.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Silver
SilverSport27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport27 View Post
I am beginning to think it is only 2011 models. I just purchased a 2011 Sport with every option available (Leather, Nav. Backup Camera, Remote Start, Parking Sensors etc.) and no hood light. I found this post after I went to the dealership and they are ordering my a light....they said that it was to be included.

So I went to the dealership to get my light put in and after they had it in the bay for about 15 minutes they came out and told me that they were wrong and its not an option. They offered to install it for around $250 because the wiring harness was not there and they would have to reprogram my computer. Kinda crazy that a truck with a sticker price of $43,814 does not have such a simple feature. I guess I will just use a flashlight because I refuse to pay that much!
Good luck to everyone else. Hope you have better luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM

@ SilverSport27
I think I'd try for a second opinion. All of the trucks that I looked at on the lot had the plug in installed even if there was no light or harness and I was told that the light worked off of a built in mercury switch (which is built into the light itself) and I can't believe that they would need to reprogram for that. Maybe there's a tech around here that could answer that for us.