DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Power Ram W150
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:10
AlabamaRam is on a distinguished road
Default Magnum 318 mods?

hey guys, kind of some random questions but i have a 92 ram with a 318 magnum and a 5 speed 4x4. Will the same performance upgrade parts that fit the 94 and up 318's work with what I have? Im asking because when i search sites for bolt-on parts they only have a couple parts for my year but more for the later years even though its the same engine. Is there anything different with my year of engine where the parts wouldnt still work? Also i'm looking to do a new intake manifold, throttle body, and cam for my truck. exhaust is already done and a 4 inch lift with 35's is coming soon for it. Possibly 4.56 gears but that alone is around 2 grand but is a solid investment for power. I'm looking to make 300-330 hp but not looking to do a huge engine build. I guess u could say its a budget hp build if that even goes together but i dont think those numbers would be hard to hit with bolt ons, am i wrong? Let me know what you guys think or suggestions for bang for your buck parts to invest in. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1990 RamCharger
Color: Red
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:85
Gen1dak will become famous soon enough

The parts will work and you should be able to hit your goals. The only real differences weren't in the engine so much as the peripherals. The first Magnums had lower fuel pressure setups. The '92's had larger exhaust plumbing and were the best-performing of the line. Mostly, it was external stuff involved as the whole truck line was being transitioned from LA to Magnum. By '94 it was all pretty much standardized, so that seems to be where many suppliers finally got on board and started offering parts.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ramcharger
Trim Level: LE 150
Color: Black & Grey
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:31
The War Wagon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Lightbulb

'92 - '95 is mostly interchangeable. MOSTLY...