DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
Rough 01 will become famous soon enough

Hope I catch you in time. I got 2011 Sport, Hemi, 4x4 Quad Cab with the 430N radio with Uconnect working, hitch, Line-X bedliner for 27k + tax/tags/title. The sticker was 38,900'ish
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
partymn is on a distinguished road

Well we went to order the truck and got every option that we were looking for with the exception of the color. Who would have thought that the color of a vehicle would stop a deal in its tracks? Well it did! Looks like we are going to have to go up a model to get the color that we want which is going to drive the price up. Might just be a ploy by the dealer to get us to spend more money, who knows. Well I have no patients at all so we left the dealer with no money spent, no credit ran and no truck. All of the research we did was for the SLT model base so back to the drawing board and back to the dealer tomorrow. If you cant tell, we are not negotable on the options or color that we want. Just in case you are wondering the color that we are going to get in Hunter Green which is turning out to be a very hard color to get. Anyone ever herd of this type of situation happening before, over a color. I always thought that if you custom ordered a truck that you could do pretty much anything that you wanted to it.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
Rough 01 will become famous soon enough

The recent disaster in Japan has made getting darker pigments almost impossible. Dodge and other car makers have had to stop taking orders for certain color vehicles. You might have to wait in order to get the color you want.

I pulled this from another site:

"The pigment is called Xirallic - used to intensify dark colors.

Bloomberg reports that the German company Merck KGaA, the only supplier of the metallic paint pigment Xirallic, has stopped operations at its Onahama factory in Japan due to its proximity to the Fukujima-Daiichi nuclear reactor damaged by the country’s recent earthquake. Once engineers can regain access to the plant, operations will take four to eight weeks to resume.

The resulting shortage of paint pigment is affecting several OEMs including Ford and Chrysler. Both manufacturers have suspended dealer orders for vehicles featuring metallic black, red, hunter green, ivory and other colours. Audi and BMW also use the pigment.

Chrysler Group LLC is one such manufacturer who has had to put a limit on orders for certain cars. Anniversary editions of various Jeep vehicles are offered with a special colour called Bronze Star, which does contain the Xirallic pigment.

The Xirallic pigment is also used in up to nine other colours in Chrysler’s line-up, including Billet Silver, Blackberry Pearl, Brilliant Black, Deep Cherry Red, Hunter Green, Inferno, Ivory, Redline, and Rugged Brown."
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM

Well shoot. That answers the question doesnt it, thanks alot. Well the dealership called and they are looking at different islands out here in Hawaii to find the truck that we want with the correct color. Thats cool as long as we dont have to foot the bill to ship it to our island. If they cant find what we want we will just have to waite I guess, not dropping 40K unless it is excactly what we are looking for.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I'll bet you could save a bunch of money by shopping dealerships back on the mainland and then shipping it out yourself. HI just doesn't have enough dealerships to choose from where you can shop around. It's been a few years but last time I checked it was about $900 to ship a vehicle from CA to HI. I could be wrong about the market out there now (I moved in 2007) but you could be getting 8-12k off msrp if you do your homework on a place in the lower 48.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

can you hold off your purchase for 6 weeks??
there are 2 reasons for this, your color will be available, the paint factory workers are repairing & cleaning up the pigment processing plant in Japan
2nd reason, the 2012 models will have started taking orders June 1, 2011, first production date is JULY 4, 2011 for the 2012 models & they should be offering good deals on the 2011 models
this are a couple website to look at
http://www.arifleet.com/images/uploa...buildout_1.pdf
http://news.acmeautoleasing.com/inde...d=6&Itemid=279

it doesn't look like any real changes are going to be made right away in the 2012 models
no mention of the 8 speed VF transmission yet
Ram truck released this yesterday
http://www.rapidcar.info/2012-dodge-...n-preview.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 AM

Thanks for the links. We are in no rush to buy but who wants to wait for an eternity to get a new vehicle. We may be forced to wait if the dealer can not get what we want, but we are determined not to settle for just any truck. I think that I have had to many cold ones, time for bed
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 AM

Ok, to update this thread, we finally got our new truck. 2011 Ram 1500 SLT, Crew Cab, Big Horn, 4X4, HEMI, dual exhaust, tow package, Technology group, power sunroof, 20X9 wheels, premium cloth bucket seats, spray in bed liner. 44,085 MSRP plus dealer mark up of 8,657= 52742. Went out the door for 33K. Found some things wrong during the vehicle inspection but nothing too major, got an appointment on Thursday to get them fixed. I think that we got it at a pretty good price but I wish that we could have gotten the color that she was looking for. Oh well silver is the same color as the wifes Trailblazer anyway.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:01 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

i'm starting to think I may have gotten ripped off.. I paid about that much for my Outdoorsman with out the duals or the sunroof, and its a quad cab! Either you got a great deal or I got taken for a ride! My main concern was monthly payment amounts though and I did get those lower than I was expecting to be able to...
Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
i'm starting to think I may have gotten ripped off.. I paid about that much for my Outdoorsman with out the duals or the sunroof, and its a quad cab! Either you got a great deal or I got taken for a ride! My main concern was monthly payment amounts though and I did get those lower than I was expecting to be able to...

I factory ordered my 2011 Ram 1500 SPORT Crew Cab 4X4 for just over $36,000 in Canada. No sunroof and no leather seats. Since I went with the Sport model, the truck also comes with an enhanced `growl`to the exhaust. Painted bumpers and cloth/vinyl seating. Also added sprayed-in bed liner; tubular running boards, command start, brake control, hitch, 3.92 gears, limited spin rear end with traction control, etc. List on my truck was just over $52,000.00

I`m hoping I got a good deal!