DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
RamMan27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpearldodge View Post
I factory ordered my 2011 Ram 1500 SPORT Crew Cab 4X4 for just over $36,000 in Canada. No sunroof and no leather seats. Since I went with the Sport model, the truck also comes with an enhanced `growl`to the exhaust. Painted bumpers and cloth/vinyl seating. Also added sprayed-in bed liner; tubular running boards, command start, brake control, hitch, 3.92 gears, limited spin rear end with traction control, etc. List on my truck was just over $52,000.00

I`m hoping I got a good deal!
Man I ordered the exact same thing.. almost. Minus the brake control, add the 730N radio, and 'premium' sound system.(heard its not so premium, but we'll see) Your deals pretty similar to mine. I'm still waiting for mine to show up though.
Blue LED Footwell Lighting - White LED Bed Lighting - Plasti-dipped Nerf Bars & Grille
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
i'm starting to think I may have gotten ripped off.. I paid about that much for my Outdoorsman with out the duals or the sunroof, and its a quad cab! Either you got a great deal or I got taken for a ride! My main concern was monthly payment amounts though and I did get those lower than I was expecting to be able to...
I wouldn't let it ruin your truck experience. We all live and learn and maybe you did pay a little more than you could've. You still got the truck you wanted and it sounds like you probably like it. I'd enjoy the truck for a long time and when you go to replace it just do a little more shopping around and forum searching.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan27 View Post
Man I ordered the exact same thing.. almost. Minus the brake control, add the 730N radio, and 'premium' sound system.(heard its not so premium, but we'll see) Your deals pretty similar to mine. I'm still waiting for mine to show up though.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive as well. How much did you end up paying (before taxes)
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
RamMan27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpearldodge View Post
I am still waiting for mine to arrive as well. How much did you end up paying (before taxes)
Ended up at 35575. My total list price was around 50,000 even. I have a family member that gets an affiliate discount as well though.

So it sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats and enjoy your new ride!
Blue LED Footwell Lighting - White LED Bed Lighting - Plasti-dipped Nerf Bars & Grille
Old 05-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
partymn is on a distinguished road

Well after our trade in we walked away with a really good financed price. Pretty sure that because we went so low that we will be tradeing in our truck every year for a new one. Sounds good in theory anyway.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Latest news on paint colors

May 10, 2011
TOKYO -- Merck KGaA, the pigment maker whose lost production forced some carmakers to stop taking orders for cars of certain colors, has resumed operations at its earthquake-damaged plant in Japan several weeks ahead of schedule.

Merck resumed production at its Onahama factory on Sunday, the company said in a statement. It expects to reach full production in June.

friday the 13th of May
Friday 13 May 2011 1:35 PM IST
This news might be of some relief to the car makers as the Japanese pigment factory that is the sole producer of a pigment used in metallic automotive coating systems has been restarted two months after the March 11 earthquake in Japan damaged the facility and forced it shut down.

According to reports, it was mentioned that as the only supplier in the world of the pigment, most auto manufacturers have been impacted by the shuttered plant and forced to change the paint schemes they use on many of their vehicles. The metallic colors are popular with consumers.

The reports have mentioned that announcing the restart of the plant, Germany's Merck KGaA, owner of the Xirallic plant, said it would establish a second manufacturing facility for the pigment in Germany so there would be a second source of supply. It was also reported that the decision comes after numerous customers have been critical of the single-source of supply and some have suggested that Merck should have a competitor.

more news: because of the Japan earthquake, paint & electronics factories were shut down
Chrysler Moves up Summer Plant Shutdowns to June

SharePost a CommentPrintText Size- / +By TOM KRISHER AP Auto Writer
DETROIT May 13, 2011 (AP)

Chrysler is moving the traditional summer shutdown of three U.S. factories from July to June due to parts shortages from the earthquake in Japan, but it said Friday that it doesn't expect that to affect the number of models it had planned to deliver.

article continued:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=13596668
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 05-17-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
partymn is on a distinguished road

Thanks for info, fortunatly the wife decided to go with a lighter color that doesnt show dirt as bad. She was talking to a co-worker that had a dark green vehicle and he was complaining about how often he had to wash it to keep it looking good and she just decided that she didnt want that color anymore. That was probly a good thing because the dealership would have tryed to take us for a ride on the price after 4 Months of searching for the green. She is extreamly happy with her new truck and in the end, thats all that really matters. Thanks to everyone for the info that was given on price that helped us get a good deal and a bad as* truck.